Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Matchday Thread

• 12-01-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭

Wildcard frenzy is over for most people,Will those be who gambled be rewarded?

Last minute change to play Clyne instead of Harte.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dahat wrote: »
    Wildcard frenzy is over for most people,Will those be who gambled be rewarded?

Last minute change to play Clyne instead of Harte.

Cue,Harte getting 6 points & Southampton conceding 6 over the 2 games:pac:

Left Clyne out,too dodgy depending on Saints players for points.

Asked in another thread but no answer yet...Gibbs or Demel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I put Bunn in goal today as he is home to Newcastle and left Begovic on the bench as I have 3 Chelsea players and expect them to get a return. However, knowing how things go Begovic will play a blinder making 12 saves, keep a clean sheet and score a stoppage time winner :-P

zerks wrote: »

I went with both. Who are your other defenders?

I went with both. Who are your other defenders?

Luiz,Clyne & Martin. Currently have a back 3 of Luiz,Martin & Demel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gibbs for me,City aint won at Arsenal since 1975 so stats suggest a possible good show for Arsenal defenders.

Ya have me fuzzled again over Clyne/Harte......damn DGW!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Gibbs for me,City aint won at Arsenal since 1975 so stats suggest a possible good show for Arsenal defenders.

Ya have me fuzzled again over Clyne/Harte......damn DGW!

22 mins to go.;)

Luiz,Clyne & Martin. Currently have a back 3 of Luiz,Martin & Demel.

Well if you are talking about a straight swap between Demel and Gibbs and you can afford it I'd go Gibbs and go Luiz, Clyne & Gibbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

22 mins to go.;)

I'm done,Clyne it is,Villa are like Swiss cheese so hopefully he picks something up there as both teams gotta try win that game.

Can't take anymore so i'm off out for some peace n quiet!!!

Well if you are talking about a straight swap between Demel and Gibbs and you can afford it I'd go Gibbs and go Luiz, Clyne & Gibbs.

Newcastle haven't won a game in aeons & even though Norwich have had a poor run,I have a feeling they'll hold out for a clean sheet so tempted to stick with Martin.

The DGW has clouded a lot of people's minds,Saints are sieve like at the back also.

Newcastle haven't won a game in aeons & even though Norwich have had a poor run,I have a feeling they'll hold out for a clean sheet so tempted to stick with Martin.

The DGW has clouded a lot of people's minds,Saints are sieve like at the back also.

Oops, sorry. I completely forgot Martin. I put Bunn in goal myself for that same reason!!! Luiz, Martin, Gibbs then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

My double gameweekers are Shaw, Cahill, Puncheon & Lampard as Captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Think DGW's are overrated when it comes to smaller sides. Wouldnt be overly tempted by Southampton players this week, or West Ham the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Santi101 wrote: »
    Think DGW's are overrated when it comes to smaller sides. Wouldnt be overly tempted by Southampton players this week, or West Ham the following week.
    Just sold ba

Santi101 wrote: »

Double your chance of goal, assist or clean sheet, not over rated IMO.

Just sold ba

2 hattricks for him this week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Double your chance of goal, assist or clean sheet, not over rated IMO.

Southampton will probably get murdered at Chelsea IMO. And I cant see West Ham doing much at the Emirates when they have their DGW coming up.

Definitely good to have Ba, Mata etc but I wouldnt pick rubbish defenders just because they have 2 games.

I remember picking a Reading defender who had DGW over Clyne before Xmas, Clyne got more pts in that one game then my Reading lad in two. Looking at the opposition is key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Van Persie is most captained and most vice-captained this week.

jebforever wrote: »
    Van Persie is most captained and most vice-captained this week.

No surprises with that really, people playing safe this week with top side playing each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No surprises with that really, people playing safe this week with top side playing each other.

thing as though alot of those are 'sleeper' players, who haven't touched their team in weeks, if not months. i wouldn't be surprised if Mata is the most selected amongst regular players of the game

#Tottenham XI: Lloris, Vertonghen, Lennon, Adebayor, Bale, Naughton, Defoe, Dembele, Dawson, Walker, Sandro
    Subs: Dempsey, Huddleston, Parker, Sigurdsson, Friedel, Assou-Ekotto, Caulker.

#QPR XI: Cesar, Hill, Onuoha, Nelsen, Da Silva, Mbia, Park, Derry, Taarabt, SWP, Mackie.
    Subs: Green, Ferdinand, Cisse, Ben Haim, Faurlin, Bothroyd, Campbell.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

thing as though alot of those are 'sleeper' players, who haven't touched their team in weeks, if not months. i wouldn't be surprised if Mata is the most selected amongst regular players of the game

I agree. Sure 51% of people in this weeks poll on here said Mata. And we're number 5 in the world :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I agree. Sure 51% of people in this weeks poll on here said Mata. And we're number 5 in the world :-)

What?

What?

Didn't I read that Boards was fifth best league globally a few weeks back!!!

Didn't I read that Boards was fifth best league globally a few weeks back!!!

Ah i must have missed that! Were not in the top 5 anymore anyway!

What?

If you go the status tab tab when logged in and scroll down to the bottom of the page you see the top 5 scoring leagues in the world (i think they base it on the average of the top 5 teams in each league). Boards.ie was recently no. 5 but i see now we've dropped outside the top 5 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Stupid time zone differece. Never got the chance for a last minute puzzler as to whether to bring Puncheon in for Walcott, Michu or Fellaini. Back to bed so. Mata better go nuts. Ba with his tight hamstring can sit both games out. That would be a good weekend.

manual_man wrote: »
    If you go the status tab tab when logged in and scroll down to the bottom of the page you see the top 5 scoring leagues in the world (i think they base it on the average of the top 5 teams in each league). Boards.ie was recently no. 5 but i see now we've dropped outside the top 5 :(

I know, thats why i said "what" i didn't see us in there... although still good to know we were in there previously i didn't realise! I never really check that status page for much bar injuries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I put Bunn in goal today as he is home to Newcastle and left Begovic on the bench as I have 3 Chelsea players and expect them to get a return. However, knowing how things go Begovic will play a blinder making 12 saves, keep a clean sheet and score a stoppage time winner :-P

I did exactly the same. Newcastle have no Ameobi, Cisse, Ba! and I'm hoping might struggle to score. Norwich aren't the worst at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

so theres a lad just above me in my money league, he had 3 chelsea players but then ba signed for chelsea so he has 4. All 4 are in his team this week! this cant be correct. i thought 3 players per team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

so theres a lad just above me in my money league, he had 3 chelsea players but then ba signed for chelsea so he has 4. All 4 are in his team this week! this cant be correct. i thought 3 players per team

he will be forced to transfer out 1 chelsea player before he can make anymore transfers

Advertisement