Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Zabaleta clean sheet, nice!

I had Nastasic and I won't be touching the Arsenal defence, DGW or not.

They have a good few games coming so I can see players being rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fletcher down to 5 points, second assist officially taken off him, don't know how he got it in the first place, himself and Sessognon aren't exactly lookalikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

glad i took the risk and brought in sturridge with my wildcard .Did it with next week in mind tho so benched him for puncheon this week. If agueros fit next week ill get him in and have a front 7 of walcott Mata fellani bale rvp aguero sturridge. Only problem is no michu but u can't have them all

What risk is there in not havin sturridge? if he performs bring him in, if he doesn't don't, bringing him in "blind" is more riskier IMO. You have a good front7 but choosing who to drop is going to give you a massive headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

POKERKING wrote: »
    What risk is there in not havin sturridge? if he performs bring him in, if he doesn't don't, bringing him in "blind" is more riskier IMO. You have a good front7 but choosing who to drop is going to give you a massive headache.

i did bring him in blind though i played the wildcard last week.Looking at him today he looks like offering good value so im happy to have him can now bank my price rise from ba and use this weeks transfer for a city striker . Ill be benching puncheon every wk only played him this wk cos of dgw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Baps are out. 3 for Bale completely unexpected. 2 for Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bp are up. Mata got 2. Bale, got 3...

None for Rvp

2 for Alex Pearce :D

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Baps are out. 3 for Bale completely unexpected. 2 for Mata.

Love it when a player delivers without actually delivering :D

I'm on 62 for the week with captain Mata and Torres to go.

A couple of goals from Torres and nothing from Ba would really put the cat amongst the pidgeons!

Lemlin wrote: »

Love it when a player delivers without actually delivering :D

3 for Screech too. It's very rare you see that in nil alls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Bale 3? RVP none? I'm sorry but that's a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

RVP scored. Played the ball in for the other goal. Had one shot cleared off the line and 2 more saved. Gets nothing. Kagawa got 1 ? Don't understand it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

3 for Lambert, 2 for captain Mata and one for Hazard brings me up to 78 with five to play. This could be a very good week for me and given it doesn't happen much this year compared to past years, I'm off to phone my mum about it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Yay, Bunn got a bonus, last minute switch from Begovic to play him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Will be on 72 after BPs for Mata 2(c), Snodgrass 1, Pog 2 and a fortunate one in Rangel 2 who will be autosubbed in for Evans:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

61 with Mata(c), Luiz and Puncheon to play, should be safely through to the next round of the cup as well, can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Lads I have Schneiderlin on the bench, does anyone know will he come on and be counted Wednesday night?

63 for me, hopefully Chelsea tonk Southampton like they did last time, i reckon this time they can score 6, home advantage and all that, with Mata Ba and Luiz amongst the goals, oh yeah, and a clean sheet

that is all i ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

68 so far,touch disappointed tbh,only got Mata and Fellani....Roll on Wednesday when Chelsea get a few v Saints.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

lets hope chelsea dont do what they do v qpr and rest a few!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

71 with bonus points for Mata(2*2), Fellaini(3) and Dzeko(1) with Mata(c), Luiz and Cech to play again.

Hopefully Ba does nothing Wednesday, Chelsea keep a clean sheet and Southampton concede and Ill be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

no bp's for new chelsea signing johnny walters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bale 3 BP's :pac: Lovely stuff :D

Bale 3? RVP none? I'm sorry but that's a joke.

Apparently 6 off target which heavily subtracts from his score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I didn't think Cech was fit to play this week so took in Turnbull. My low-value sub keeper Bunn is sitting on the bench with 7 points.

So what happens if, for whatever reason, Cech didn't play the second game in the double gameweek and Turnbull got on... does my auto-sub apply for the first match or am I stuck with Turnball for both??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

J o e wrote: »
    I didn't think Cech was fit to play this week so took in Turnbull. My low-value sub keeper Bunn is sitting on the bench with 7 points.

So what happens if, for whatever reason, Cech didn't play the second game in the double gameweek and Turnbull got on... does my auto-sub apply for the first match or am I stuck with Turnball for both??
    If Turnbull plays 1 minute of 2nd game Bunn doesn't come in at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

J o e wrote: »

If any of your double game players gets game time in either match then it's their points that are counted and no subs will come in to replace them if they miss one of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

61pts so far with Cahill, Shaw, Puncheon & Lampard (Captain), I got 3 BP for Bale, Fellaini & Lampard plus 1 BP for keeper Bunn :D so far so good all green arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The good: 69 so far with Mata (c), Ba and Azpilicueta to play.
    The bad: taking Tevez out for that bag of ****e Defoe on Saturday morning.

68 with Clyne, Mata(c), Luiz and Ba to play. Let the Rafatation begin!!! Who knows who'll start! My guess is Ba won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

irishfeen wrote: »
    Lads I have Schneiderlin on the bench, does anyone know will he come on and be counted Wednesday night?

That depends!! If there wasn't a game on Wednesday would he have been autosubbed into your team?

If your answer is no then he won't come into your team on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    68 with Clyne, Mata(c), Luiz and Ba to play. Let the Rafatation begin!!! Who knows who'll start! My guess is Ba won't.

Same myself but Clyne is on the bench.Wouldn't be too bothered if Ba doesn't play midweek,the guy 3 points behind me has him as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

52 points, Captain Mata, Ba and Clyne to play again and 5 players lined up for the DGW next week with the Jan wild card still in play, happy enough with that. Still a horrible amount of red arrows though.

q2ice wrote: »
    That depends!! If there wasn't a game on Wednesday would he have been autosubbed into your team?

If your answer is no then he won't come into your team on Wednesday.
    Ah OK thanks... no he wasn't brought on, I was just chancing my arm to be honest... deep down I knew I fcuked up:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

59 with Mata (c) to play. That Dzeko penalty miss really cost me today. He's pretty much my only differential of my top 7. If he'd scored that pen I feel he'd have gotten the extra 2 bonus and would have got 13 for the day. 8 points missed really. Ben Davies sitting pretty on my bench with 6.

With a bit of luck I should hit 75 for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah OK thanks... no he wasn't brought on, I was just chancing my arm to be honest... deep down I knew I fcuked up:rolleyes:

Just to note, autosubbing hasn't happened yet. Usually doesn't happen until all the matches in a week have been played.

WAs there any players who didn't play saturday/sunday? If that player was a fourth defender, a midfielder or a forward and he is your first sub, then he will come on.

Without seeing your team its hard to say. how many of your players didn't play saturday/sunday? Which players? Who are your subs?

q2ice wrote: »

Just to note, autosubbing hasn't happened yet. Usually doesn't happen until all the matches in a week have been played.

WAs there any players who didn't play saturday/sunday? If that player was a fourth defender, a midfielder or a forward and he is your first sub, then he will come on.

Without seeing your team its hard to say. how many of your players didn't play saturday/sunday? Which players? Who are your subs?
    All players played unfortunately, one with with 0 points :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Ares wrote: »
    59 with Mata (c) to play. That Dzeko penalty miss really cost me today. He's pretty much my only differential of my top 7. If he'd scored that pen I feel he'd have gotten the extra 2 bonus and would have got 13 for the day. 8 points missed really. Ben Davies sitting pretty on my bench with 6.

With a bit of luck I should hit 75 for the week.

Same as myself, he's my only differential in my front 8, 8 point swing from just missing the penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Wow, unexpected bonus point explosion there. 2 for captain Mata and 3/3/3 for Lambert/Bale/Fellaini, haven't had much in the way of lucky bonus windfalls this season until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah bit annoying Fellaini getting the 3. Ended up on 57 but all I see is red arrows. Moved up slightly in the overall rankings though. I would imagine most people have Mata as captain so my differentials tonight appear to be Luiz and Ba. Hopefully Chelsea go nuts and Clyne etc end up with minus points... More likely though is 2-0 Southampton with Clyne and Puncheon on the scoresheet!

Mixed bag after the wildcard, happy with Luiz and Ba, even though the latter didn't score and may not even feature tonight. Had I gone with Puncheon in MF it would have been the correct decision to play Puncheon over Walcott - as expected he stuggles against decent opposition. Will still give him the captains armband next week though. Demel and Marveaux both played the 90 which was all I wanted from them. Happy enough with the team, don't think I'll make a transfer this week although it depends on what way it goes with Ba. Fellaini looks set to rise again soon so will need to keep an eye on that, Everton have Southampton up next and he could go crazy.

Pogrebnyak is one to watch, scored in his last three games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Che - Sou game isn't on until Wednesday,

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah bit annoying Fellaini getting the 3. Ended up on 57 but all I see is red arrows. Moved up slightly in the overall rankings though. I would imagine most people have Mata as captain so my differentials tonight appear to be Luiz and Ba. Hopefully Chelsea go nuts and Clyne etc end up with minus points... More likely though is 2-0 Southampton with Clyne and Puncheon on the scoresheet!

Mixed bag after the wildcard, happy with Luiz and Ba, even though the latter didn't score and may not even feature tonight. Had I gone with Puncheon in MF it would have been the correct decision to play Puncheon over Walcott - as expected he stuggles against decent opposition. Will still give him the captains armband next week though. Demel and Marveaux both played the 90 which was all I wanted from them. Happy enough with the team, don't think I'll make a transfer this week although it depends on what way it goes with Ba. Fellaini looks set to rise again soon so will need to keep an eye on that, Everton have Southampton up next and he could go crazy.

Pogrebnyak is one to watch, scored in his last three games.

The Chelsea Southampton game is on Wednesday night, not tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

52 with captain Mata, Puncheon and (maybe) Ba yet to play their DGW.

Happy enough all green arrows. Just outside the top 500,000 which I'm happy enough with for my first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

62 with Mata (c), Ba, Cole and Clyne still to play.

97th worldwide.

back to the top of Boards.

i'll take it all day long.

zerks wrote: »
    Same myself but Clyne is on the bench.Wouldn't be too bothered if Ba doesn't play midweek,the guy 3 points behind me has him as captain.

Thinking about it, I think Ba on the bench would suit me now, even though I have him. With Terry back, I think we might see Luiz pushed to CM with Lampard getting a rest. I think Mata and Hazard will start with the intention of killing off the Saints as early as possible. Torres will probably start up front by himself with Ba on the bench.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The Che - Sou game isn't on until Wednesday,

Yeah, not sure why I wrote tonight...

77 with 5 to play including capt mata may break the 100 pt mark this week. Have gone from just outside the top 50,000 to just outside the top 5,000 in the last 3 gameweeks 87, 86 , 77 so far. Theres no way this run can last.

77 with 5 to play including capt mata may break the 100 pt mark this week. Have gone from just outside the top 50,000 to just outside the top 5,000 in the last 3 gameweeks 87, 86 , 77 so far. Theres no way this run can last.

Nice work, 250 points! Everything must be going right for you. I've done the opposite and spiralled downhill, scoring 151 over the last three gameweeks. Gone from 1,500th - 9,500th. Doesn't seem like a lot but in reality it's probably a bigger gap than 5,000th - 50,000th! Doesn't help that I've gotten a single clean sheet in the last month :(

Nice work, 250 points! Everything must be going right for you. I've done the opposite and spiralled downhill, scoring 151 over the last three gameweeks. Gone from 1,500th - 9,500th. Doesn't seem like a lot but in reality it's probably a bigger gap than 5,000th - 50,000th! Doesn't help that I've gotten a single clean sheet in the last month :(
    Im not kidding myself most things Ive done have worked out recently starting with Walcott Capt a few wks back I even had that Szecsney peno save yesterday. Having said that I went weeks without getting a break before that. It can be a very frustrating game this at times.

Pretty much every move I've made the last few weeks has gone wrong, Torres over Tevez, Silva over Mata, benching Sterling every time he scores... surely my luck has to change soon! Most annoying part is I have managed to transfer in players exactly as their run of form ends. Baines, Fellaini and now possibly even Suarez.

Will be interesting to see if people start transferring Michu out now he hasn't scored in a few weeks. A silly move if anyone does...

Pretty much every move I've made the last few weeks has gone wrong, Torres over Tevez, Silva over Mata, benching Sterling every time he scores... surely my luck has to change soon! Most annoying part is I have managed to transfer in players exactly as their run of form ends. Baines, Fellaini and now possibly even Suarez.

Will be interesting to see if people start transferring Michu out now he hasn't scored in a few weeks. A silly move if anyone does...
    I took him out in the wildcard as I want to play 343. I went with the other 4 obvious midfielders. Its a risk that paid off this week but other weeks Ill regret it. I got in sturridge rather than michu so we will see how that pans out. The other risk I took was going with no stoke defensive coverage although I cant see them keeping as many cs going forward. Snap on Fellani have brought him in twice and has got suspended immediately. I still got him back in on the wildcard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Anyone care to tell me which 45 Sturridge got over the weekend? And any reason why he didn't get closer to 90?

• Advertisement
Advertisement