Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW22 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

darego wrote: »
    anyone see the fulham game? how did berba look

The thing about Berba is that when everyone starts to lose confidence and get rid of him, he'll start scoring every week.

He's a sexy man. He regularly visits Internet forums such as boards and when he sees all of the doubters, it motivates him. Believe.

dimitar-berbatov-golden-boot-2010-2011-460x258.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ha! I came out of the Hobbit to hear they'd won 8-0 and me with no Chelsea cover at the time. Nearly fainted.
    Today must hav been Hobbit day cos I seem it too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

KevIRL wrote: »
    The Bap Chap on FFS predicting these for todays BP's

Nelsen 3, Adebayor 2, Julio Cesar 1 (in the mix Hill, Taarabt)
    Lambert 3, Schneiderlin 2, Hooiveld 2
    Fellaini 3, Rangel 2, Chico 1, Ki 1
    Karagounis 3, Riether 2, Di Santo 2
    Tettey 3, Snodgrass 2, Krul 1 (in the mix Obertan)
    Kebe 3, Pearce 2, Pogrebnyak 1 (2&1 very close)
    Lampard 3, Mata 2, Hazard 1 (tight between top 2)
    McClean 3, Larsson 2, Ad.Johnson 1

I can dig that but he can fook off with Mata getting 2. A BP for each assist. Would be rude not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

If the mgr of shamrock hoops posts on here i 'm sorry but all I could do is laugh when I saw your weekly total of -2, I hope you still have your wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone any idea why Noble didn't play today? Has he lost his place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The thing about Berba is that when everyone starts to lose confidence and get rid of him, he'll start scoring every week.

He's a sexy man. He regularly visits Internet forums such as boards and when he sees all of the doubters, it motivates him. Believe. YNWA.

dimitar-berbatov-golden-boot-2010-2011-460x258.jpg

Don't ever put Berba & YNWA in the same sentence again!!!

Off out for pints now,hoping for RVP masterclass & an Arsenal win with a clean sheet tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

G1032 wrote: »
    Well done me. Made Ba captain over Mata. I'm in big trouble if Ba doesn't start against Southampton. Even if he does and he scores, chances are Mata will be the one providing the assists. Why didn't I think of that this morning??!!

37 points so far. Mata going to get 3 bonus too. Thats 13 points lost for not captaining Mata. Disaster.

I expect Ba to start from the bench but will probably get 20 at the end and should do well (I hope).

All this crazy talk regarding Terry back, Cech back, Nelsen not playing, Azpilicueta dropped and all the talk about Ba really shook me this week. The plan all gw was to NOT use the wildcard and just bring in Hazard for Cazorla so I had Azpilicueta, Mata (c) and Hazard. I was also starting Nelsen.

Ah well, I'm just hoping that the 3 Chesea lads I do have repay their faith against Southampton :rolleyes:

Ha! I came out of the Hobbit to hear they'd won 8-0 and me with no Chelsea cover at the time. Nearly fainted.

Wow he missed a penalty too? Thats -4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

At this point i have moved from 65k to 44k worldwide.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

zerks wrote: »

Don't ever put Berba & YNWA in the same sentence again!!!

Off out for pints now,hoping for RVP masterclass & an Arsenal win with a clean sheet tomorrow.

But, but, but I thought you have to put it after the word "believe".

46 with 6 players to go. Been around the 100,000 mark the last few weeks pretty poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've gone from 200k to 80k in three weeks, but I expect the RVP captains to peg m back a little tomorrow.

up to 538 but expect to drop tomorrow with all the Suarez ownes and RVP captainers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

For anyone with Luke Shaw, he's a doubt for the trip to Chelsea after gashing his knee in the Villa game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

For anyone with Luke Shaw, he's a doubt for the trip to Chelsea after gashing his knee in the Villa game.

balls :( I wasn't expecting a big score from the Chelsea game anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was anticipating a disastrous score but my captain Mata has made it respectable. I'm still quite a bit below most of you lot though. Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why Noble didn't play today? Has he lost his place?

"Noble missed the miserable defeat in the North East today with a reported calf injury."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up to 8k for now, have Suarez and Rvp tomorrow, so happy enough with that, and Walcott also. Captain Mata and Ba and Luiz to go again hopefully so confident enough i'll get above the average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Up to top 12k, very happy.

Still have Sagna, Suarez, RVP, Walcott, Luiz, Ramirez and Mata (c) to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

39 points, not fantastic but it seems my decision to WC has saved me from a disastrous week, Luiz and captain Mata have kept me in the mix. Happy enough with Ba although he may not play next game.

RVP, Suarez and Gibbs still to play tomorrow, and the three Chelsea DGW's again. A lot of people got lucky this week with Southampton/Norwich clean sheets. Great to see Marveaux get the 90, hopefully it stays this way.

Manual_man got burned as expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dont think the norwich and southampton clean sheets were that lucky. Both Aston Villa and Newcastle have been on shocking runs and are form wise the worst 2 teams in the league.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    39 points, not fantastic but it seems my decision to WC has saved me from a disastrous week, Luiz and captain Mata have kept me in the mix. Happy enough with Ba although he may not play next game.

RVP, Suarez and Gibbs still to play tomorrow, and the three Chelsea DGW's again. A lot of people got lucky this week with Southampton/Norwich clean sheets. Great to see Marveaux get the 90, hopefully it stays this way.

Wow how can you say Norwich and Southampton cleanies were lucky??? Villa have been atrocious and Norwich were widely predicted to keep a cleanie given newcastles injuries. Neither cleanie surprised me in the slightest tbh. Most pundits had Norwich and Southampton players in defense too.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Hope Ba continues to do little here. Mata's form has dipped too.

commentators curse Im sure all of us who captained Mata would like to say a big thank you. Ive got burned so many times slagging off my utd supporting mates best to wait till the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Happy with 52 but having seen Defoe, Michu and Russel Martin all hit the post, it wasn't far off being a whole lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »

Wow how can you say Norwich and Southampton cleanies were lucky??? Villa have been atrocious and Norwich were widely predicted to keep a cleanie given newcastles injuries. Neither cleanie surprised me in the slightest tbh. Most pundits had Norwich and Southampton players in defense too.

I'd have to agree. The missus even doubled up on Russell Martin and Bunn following advice from her father. She has 57 points for the week.

FutureGuy wrote: »

16 shots from Villa, 10 on target, 9 corners, 6 free kicks around the box and 56% possession. Clear sign that Southampton weathered some kind of storm. One could say Southampton were lucky to hold on for the clean sheet. Not to mention it was Southampton's first clean sheet away from home all season. I thought Villa would have ended their run today by at least scoring.

Norwich at home are strong and against a weakened Newcastle team the stats added up. No surprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

42 with RVP, Suarez today and hopefully Ba, Mata (C) and Puncheon during the week. Happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I'm hearing the ref has apparently said that it was for Puncheon that Southampton got the penalty not for Rodriguez' dive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I'm hearing the ref has apparently said that it was for Puncheon that Southampton got the penalty not for Rodriguez' dive..

Very late whistle if that was the case, watching motd last night I've already mentally taken off the three points for Fletchers second assist so that would make up.

Disd I read that Puncheon hit the crossbar yesterday? It wasn't shown if he did.

I'm 5 points better off than you :cool:

• Advertisement

16 shots from Villa, 10 on target, 9 corners, 6 free kicks around the box and 56% possession. Clear sign that Southampton weathered some kind of storm. One could say Southampton were lucky to hold on for the clean sheet. Not to mention it was Southampton's first clean sheet away from home all season. I thought Villa would have ended their run today by at least scoring.

Norwich at home are strong and against a weakened Newcastle team the stats added up. No surprise there.

Southampton in their last 11 games have only conceded more than 1 goal once and now have 3 cs in these 11 games. Clyne has a better points per game than Rio ferdinand, distin, hangelaand, Santon to name a few. Add into that Villas poor run and the fact that Southampton had 2 games (even though he will probably only get 1 point against Chelsea) it made sense to play Clyne. Most people that played Clyne had a choice of the likes of Demel, Harte, Nelsen he was a better choice pre kick off than those players this week.

manual_man wrote: »

Just this Gameweek or in general?

Lemlin wrote: »

Just this Gameweek or in general?

this gameweek!! not sure of overall.. but sure enough someone couldn't resist having a dig. god forbid that someone should take a risk in this game lemlin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

38pts with nearly half from Captain Lampard. Still have Suarez, RVP, Walcott to play & then Puncheon, Shaw (who is a doubt), Cahill hopefully plays midweek & Lampard.

Went green in every league so far so good stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

up to 87 worldwide now.

Captain Mata, Clyne and Cole doing the business so far for my 45 points.

RVP, Suarez, Walcott and 4 DGWs to go.

Haha was only winding you up :) Don't mind Lemlin though, he'll thank every single post where someone has a go at me haha, like pathetic clockwork.

So who you got left playing this GW mm? Can't remember which team is yours, think we're close enough overall though (9,000th)

• Advertisement

Southampton in their last 11 games have only conceded more than 1 goal once and now have 3 cs in these 11 games. Clyne has a better points per game than Rio ferdinand, distin, hangelaand, Santon to name a few. Add into that Villas poor run and the fact that Southampton had 2 games (even though he will probably only get 1 point against Chelsea) it made sense to play Clyne. Most people that played Clyne had a choice of the likes of Demel, Harte, Nelsen he was a better choice pre kick off than those players this week.

I never said it didn't make sense to pick him. I was pointing out that it could be argued that people got lucky with the clean sheet from him based on how the game went. Villa dominated it and were very unlucky not to score 2 or 3. So therefore I think the guy that said people got lucky had a point. Only on that game. Not on the Norwich vs Newcastle one.

Haha was only winding you up :) Don't mind Lemlin though, he'll thank every single post where someone has a go at me haha, like pathetic clockwork.

So who you got left playing this GW mm? Can't remember which team is yours, think we're close enough overall though (9,000th)

similar to yourself i think Rvp Suarez and Walcott today, then Ba Mata and Luiz to go again

similar to yourself i think Rvp Suarez and Walcott today, then Ba Mata and Luiz to go again

Yeah exact same players left as me then, you must have picked up extra points somewhere haha

Yeah exact same players left as me then, you must have picked up extra points somewhere haha

it was actually a reading defender :p Pearce got an assist :p

Haha nice. I still have Gibbs too actually, Arsenal clean sheet please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, without my wildcard, I'd have been a bit screwed.

knowing I had it coming, my defence and strikeforce was in a jock, even though I was high in the world.

A lot of people will have played Clyne simply because Southampton have a DGW though. Not saying it was a bad choice, if I had any DGW player's I would have played them this week.

Also to elaborate on my original comment I meant some people got lucky with both Southampton and Norwich clean sheets, which was unlikely.

Newcastle have lost Ba but showed no signs of stopping scoring, think they've scored in their last 10 in all competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Bah, 35 pts overall. Decent enough but didnt captain Mata like everyone else here. Had him vice with RVP captain so fingers crossed he does it today. Also have Suarez and Gibbs.

I see Fletcher got me 8 pts, is that right? Seen someone mention that he might get an assist taken away? Havent been able to see any highlights there.

I like thanking the posts where you have an attempted go at me too, just to acknowledge your attempt

Any quarrel now usually ends rather quickly though now when I point towards our histories in the game.

Chill lads, ye are far too emotionally invested in this game!!.....:D

it's been one of those weeks. high tension. liverpool man u to come next. posts are even mysteriously reappearing after 9 minutes

A bit of rivalry brings a bit extra to the game I find though.

I've two lads I know constantly texting me all year slagging because they were ahead of me up to now. I've moved from
    180k to 51k in four GWs though.

Went ahead of one at Xmas and passed the other yesterday because he captained Ba and I went with Mata.

It's rivalries like that keep me interested, more so than finishing in the top 500.

I finished 327 in the world last year but I wouldn't of minded if it was 50k once I won my personal league and bragging rights ( plus the cash of course!)

Did he reply? I have him on ignore so only see posts where people quote him so no need to worry about quarrels! Leave him comment to himself.

Hoping for a high scoring game with United Liverpool though, RVP and Suarez fighting it out for the 3 BP's after both scoring unassisted hat-tricks in a 4-3 win, Gerrard OG seals it

Haha, ye two are worse than a married couple. One of ye sleeping in the spare room but deep down it's true love, let's be honest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Haha, ye two are worse than a married couple. One of ye sleeping in the spare room but deep down it's true love, let's be honest!!

lol was great last year when they were 'drawn' together in the first round of the FSA Cup

• Advertisement
Advertisement