Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the shooting plan for 2013 ISSF ?

• 12-01-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Well guys the 2013 season is just around the corner so who's doing what this year?

My training plan is completed and ready to go and I've a few comps already penciled in ;)

Hanover, IoM, Aberdeen and possibly the Danish Masters? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Just Isle of Man on my calendar I'm afraid. Hopefully it'll be a really good year for Irish shooters though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiGiD

Hannover and possibly IOM and Munich. If a lot of variables fall into place maybe even the World University Games in Russia

Actually, if things are going well and the funds are available, I might do either the Scottish 50m or the British 50m. Still have my visitor's permit for the latter which will be valid again in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psf32

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    Well guys the 2013 season is just around the corner so who's doing what this year?

My training plan is completed and ready to go and I've a few comps already penciled in ;)

Hanover, IoM, Aberdeen and possibly the Danish Masters? :D
    Round the corner some have started :)

My plan has hanover and a few German local competitions in it but yet to agree on the rest with the coach.

Off to intershoot at the end of the month :D

and how old do you need to be to shoot the Danish masters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I wish I had a fancy plan for this year :)
    I just want to get my paperwork for the new rifle sorted, get set up to train at home with the Rika, and get back to the range before Calum hits the teenage years :D
    If everything goes perfectly, I might make it to RIAC in December (probably as a club shooter rather than in the green jersey though)...

• Advertisement

Not a bad plan Sparks! I've been shooting prone at home with the SCATT and getting so much good data from it I'm cursing myself for not getting hold of one before. (I'm planning on buying one of my own now). I reckon if that's your training plan, you might be surprised how ready you are for RIAC! Any word on the new Walther? Looking forward to seeing it. Had a look at them in Germany a couple of years back and I reckon if I were buying an airgun, it'd be one of those in an Anatomic stock.

Any word on the new Walther? Looking forward to seeing it. Had a look at them in Germany a couple of years back and I reckon if I were buying an airgun, it'd be one of those in an Anatomic stock.
    It's bought, paid for and sitting over in the shop in the UK just waiting for the paperwork here to be completed. Looking forward to getting to try it, but I tried both the alutec and the anatomic stock and I couldn't stand the anatomic, it just felt clunky and wrong to me :)

Mind you, given the copious amounts of range time I get these days, training will be fun! I may need to see if I can shoot in UCD, I'm only about 10-12 minutes drive from them, but after so many years in DURC, the spontaneous combustion could be a real problem :D

Just get back in the saddle, one way or the other. It's going to be interesting whatever happens. Won't be too much longer before you're back to real competition too. Be nice to put the green jersey back on I'm sure.

Hells yes :) I miss that little fraction of a second of stillness when the shot goes off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Sparks wrote: »
    Hells yes :) I miss that little fraction of a second of stillness when the shot goes off :)

Well get your a$$ into gear!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement