Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

I am out of contract with Eircom but am still paying 65euro a month for phone and broadband. Is there anyway I can downgrade this package to a cheaper option and remain with yourselves without entering into another contract? I would prefer to do this than switch providers which I will need to do if I cant, as cant afford this anymore!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Smurts wrote: »
    Hi,

I am out of contract with Eircom but am still paying 65euro a month for phone and broadband. Is there anyway I can downgrade this package to a cheaper option and remain with yourselves without entering into another contract? I would prefer to do this than switch providers which I will need to do if I cant, as cant afford this anymore!

Thanks
    Hi Smurts

If you would like to PM your phone / account number I will checked the broadband bundle packages that would be available to you?

Regards
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Hi,

Thanks

I would try Sky if i was you. I know some people who have dropped Eircom and gone with Sky. I expect Eircom will be losing hundreds of customers in the next year or so.

Sky seem able to offer rural customers better speeds at a lower cost. Frankly, Eircom can only blame themselves if they lose ground now to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

I would try Sky if i was you. I know some people who have dropped Eircom and gone with Sky. I expect Eircom will be losing hundreds of customers in the next year or so.

Sky seem able to offer rural customers better speeds at a lower cost. Frankly, Eircom can only blame themselves if they lose ground now to sky.
    Sky havent launched yet though i believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Sky havent launched yet though i believe?
    Actually they have, but its not that widespread yet around the country.

I've spoken to a few people who were previously with Eircom and, they've told me there now with Sky.

Others told me they're just waiting for their contract to finish up with Eircom, to then move over to Sky.

The majority of those who i also spoke to, said their modem from Sky was due to arrive next week!

There is no line rental with Sky, unlimited broadband ( meaning you're able to use as much bandwidth as you like without going too crazy) 

There broadband and phone packages are priced at 27 Euros a month ( with no line rental). And in some cases Sky will provide customers with better speeds than Eircom.

When i can get it here i am gone especially if they give me better speeds than Eircom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement