Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Medical

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I did a medical for Apple last Tuesday. I failed the drugs test due to being on Solpadol by prescription. I went back yesterday and got cleared by the Doc. I'm just wondering from people with experience, what happens now. Does the fact that I had a medical mean I have the job as I haven't formally been advised of anything? And if so, how long before the contact me with regard to starting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

The "medical" is a drugs test. Usually they only get you to do it once you are offered a job. If the doc clears you and that is the only drug then you should get confirmation of starting date soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

regress wrote: »
    The "medical" is a drugs test. Usually they only get you to do it once you are offered a job. If the doc clears you and that is the only drug then you should get confirmation of starting date soon.
    That's what I was thinking. I basically had nothing formal, just them indirectly telling me that stuff could "delay my start date". It was a bit of a shock when they said that they found traces of opiates even though I've never touched an illegal substance in my life. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

That's what I was thinking. I basically had nothing formal, just them indirectly telling me that stuff could "delay my start date". It was a bit of a shock when they said that they found traces of opiates even though I've never touched an illegal substance in my life. Thanks for the info.

interesting choice of username in that case :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

indough wrote: »

interesting choice of username in that case :pac:
    Touche :-D

Advertisement