Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef smells like ...well.. manure

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry for the off-putting threat title, but that's the only was I can describe this. I was in a very good restaurant last night (it would be unfair to name them as this can no doubt happen anywhere) and ordered a beef dish which contained several different styles of beef. Within that were 2 small slices of sirloin. Everything else tasted out of this world, but the sirloin smelt and tasted like manure (not that ive tasted it!) but it smelt exactly like what you get driving past a field of cows, it was revolting.

The manager said it may have been due to the dry aging process etc etc, however I often eat dry aged steak as it's my favourite, so I know that has nothing to do with this.

Has anyone come across this before? I ate half a bite before I'd realised and just hope I don't come down with food poisoning.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hi,

Sorry for the off-putting threat title, but that's the only was I can describe this. I was in a very good restaurant last night (it would be unfair to name them as this can no doubt happen anywhere) and ordered a beef dish which contained several different styles of beef. Within that were 2 small slices of sirloin. Everything else tasted out of this world, but the sirloin smelt and tasted like manure (not that ive tasted it!) but it smelt exactly like what you get driving past a field of cows, it was revolting.

The manager said it may have been due to the dry aging process etc etc, however I often eat dry aged steak as it's my favourite, so I know that has nothing to do with this.

Has anyone come across this before? I ate half a bite before I'd realised and just hope I don't come down with food poisoning.

Thanks

No, never came across it.
    I reckon if you were going to come down with a dose, you'd know it by now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We don't allow discussions on food safety here (or whether food is rotten or there's something wrong with it etc). Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement