Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa through USA question

Options
  • 12-01-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Myself and my girlfriend are planning on applying for the 2 year Canadian visa as soon as it opens up this year.

We've also been invited to a wedding in March in California.

My question is. We know that our visas will more than likely not be ready for us in time to go to Canada (March) and then on down to the wedding so we were thinking of just going to the wedding and staying with friends in California until our visas were ready, then just entering Canada. Is this possible?

Also would you have to fly or would driving to the border also work as we want to travel the coast too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

bhob wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend are planning on applying for the 2 year Canadian visa as soon as it opens up this year.

We've also been invited to a wedding in March in California.

My question is. We know that our visas will more than likely not be ready for us in time to go to Canada (March) and then on down to the wedding so we were thinking of just going to the wedding and staying with friends in California until our visas were ready, then just entering Canada. Is this possible?

Also would you have to fly or would driving to the border also work as we want to travel the coast too.

COuldnt you just have the documents forwarded to an address in the states?

Also, going passed the US/Canadian border is just fine for activating a visa.

Advertisement