Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

Options
  • 12-01-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

if one parent is a permanent visa holder can he or she sponser their underage age AND the childs other parent?

i seen this on www.immi.gov.au

Sponsors the child and any of the child's family members also included in the application and who are migrating with the child.
    If a Child visa is granted, the sponsor must provide support for the child, including accommodation and financial assistance required to meet the child's reasonable needs during their first two years in Australia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

annacanna wrote: »
    if one parent is a permanent visa holder can he or she sponser their underage age AND the childs other parent?

i seen this on www.immi.gov.au

Sponsors the child and any of the child's family members also included in the application and who are migrating with the child.
    If a Child visa is granted, the sponsor must provide support for the child, including accommodation and financial assistance required to meet the child's reasonable needs during their first two years in Australia.
    Sounds like you want to sponsor an ex as in the child's mother as well.

Interesting one

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

well someone mentioned it to me yesterday that you can sponser the child's other parent, i didnt think it was true but reading this it seem as it may be true? maybe it doesnt mean that at all, i dont know

anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

what visa subclass are you talking about? is it a child visa subclass 101?

yes thats the one

• Advertisement

annacanna wrote: »
    yes thats the one

This is your best bet
    Dependants
    If the child has dependants, contact the department or an
    Australian mission for advice about including them in the
    application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47ch.pdf

or contact a migration agent.

thanks

It's a bit of a funny one because it says the 'child' has dependents, I would have thought it difficult to prove that an adult is dependent on a child.

Usually if you are over age of 18 and under 25 you must be a student and dependent on your parents who qualified for a visa themselves.

Maybe 'dependent' means a Child under the age of 18 who maybe had a dependent child themselves.

I think you might be getting the wrong end of the stick with this one.

I would check with a migration agent.

It was a friend that mentioned it to me a few days ago, when i looked up the goverment site it said:

"Sponsors the child and any of the child's family members also included in the application and who are migrating with the child.
    If a Child visa is granted, the sponsor must provide support for the child, including accommodation and financial assistance required to meet the child's reasonable needs during their first two years in Australia."

Its not something im looking at doing myself in the near future but i just thought it was interesting

Advertisement