Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubt

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I have over the years trained and had never set goals for my training. Weeks on weeks would go by and i would start training again, my Fitness has always being up and down.

I am now back in Training mode and have now
    set some goals for my Self which i would hope i could finish
    3- Jun Cork City Half Marathon
    9 - Jun Wicklow 200
    6 - July Ring of Kerry
    1 - Sept Musgrave Triathlon
    28-Oct Dublin Full Marathon
    So Week One is almost over..
    Starting Weight - 95kg
    Mon - 5km Run & 10km Bike
    Tue - Run 5.15km
    Wed - 20km Bike
    Thur - REST
    Fri - REST
    Sat - 4km Run
    Today i will also Start the Insanity Work-out, got the DVD Set off a Mate of mine, he was telling me that he couldn't get over how fit you get from it.
    This will take me 60days to finish, i will do this along with my Training in the Gym. And see how things turn out.
    Seen that i have set out goals for myself i wont fall back into the pit of laziness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Welcome to the training logs Cork24, make sure to fill us in on the insanity workout. I've heard its brilliant. Would love to do it myself but I'm afraid it would impact too much on the rest of my training. The half in Cork should be good, I've done the relay there a few times and loved it, great atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Well Its the end of Week 2,

Didn't go the way i would have liked fallen ill to a Cold and now a chest infection

End Weight is at 93.6kg.

Monday: Run 6km

Tuesday: Bike 32km

Wednesday: Run 4km

Thursday & Friday: Rest

Saturday: i did a 10Km Bike then right after a 5km Run which took me 37:39 Mins in the gym, i found the Run very hard with my chest coming at me.

I have done almost all my runs inside the gym, i will have to switch it to out door runs as well.
    I tried the Insanity Workouts on Monday Morning and Tuesday Morning They were hard the sweat was just pouring off me

the first 10 mins are so called "Warm ups" the sweat is pouring off you after the 10mins.. will restart the workout once i am in the clear with the chest.

Next week i will have to start doing Speed Training, I was told what ever speed you can run for 10 mins comfortable up that speed by 4 for one min then back again for 5 Sets.

So for me my comfortable pace would be 9km/hr so i will need to run 13km/hr for one min back down to 9km/hr for one min and back up again for 5 Sets..

I have notice my running is by far my weakest link. i will have to really train hard on my running.

I have not yet down any swimming, i not worried about my Swim. as i used to swim alot before till only last year, so once i get my run to where i want it, i will then start the swimming.

theirs a Duathlon on the 7 Apr. in Bantry West Cork. 6km Run, 25km Bike and then a 3 km Run so i will enter that to see what kind is my fitness level.

Advertisement