Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Valuation

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Has anyone here used any carlow based agent /valuer to put an estimated value on a house.Interested to know what fees are.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Had to get the family home done as part of the probate process, 120 euro. Think it was sotherns? that carried it out.

Cost was worked out as a % of the sites value.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Thanks for replying.I have been told that a cousin of ours was charged 120 euros,the guy came out ,looked over the gate and off he went.A total of 8 miles he had to venture and less than 5 minutes at home.I thought it would be half that amount for what work is in it.In fact it should be .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ganger wrote: »
    Thanks for replying.I have been told that a cousin of ours was charged 120 euros,the guy came out ,looked over the gate and off he went.A total of 8 miles he had to venture and less than 5 minutes at home.I thought it would be half that amount for what work is in it.In fact it should be .

Sounds like yer man did a half arsed job to be honest. I'd a valuer come into my house and look at the condition of the place, if I'd an extension etc.

I think the charged about €120 too if I remember correctly.

Advertisement