Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 repairs (recomendations)

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Ok its happened,

turned on my play station and as it booted up it switched it self of and teh red light blinked I dunno what it means how ever I'm just wondering does can any one recomend a ps3 repair person, in cork or dublin as Im in booth over the coming weeks thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Snowie wrote: »
    Ok its happened,

turned on my play station and as it booted up it switched it self of and teh red light blinked I dunno what it means how ever I'm just wondering does can any one recomend a ps3 repair person, in cork or dublin as Im in booth over the coming weeks thanks :)

Did you see a yellow light during that process?

Also, is it still under warranty?

My old model PS3 went bust and I have since bought a new slim.

There are loads of vids online about DIY jobs. I still have the old one and intend on having a go at repairing it with this but haven't got around to it yet. Might be worth a go if it's the old model, the kit isn't any good for the slim model apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Iv been fixing these systems for years and none last if you play any length of time on them.I have tried everything from removing the power supply to external to a custom designed fan controll unit.Nothing worked.

The problem is when there reflowed your only covering up a problem which will later return and when it does your problem doubles.You could try send it to the uk to get reballed but its not worth it these days as you can pick up a new system cheap.

If you do try and reflow it let me know and Ill send you the best method to get the longest out of it.I think the best thing you can do is break down the system and sell the parts.Use the money you get for funds of a new system.

Best of luck.

I see your based in cork,if youd like me to fix it for you , that can be arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If it's a 60GB then getting reballed, consolepros.ie can do it and they're in Dublin.

How old is it the console, and what type as you might be either better off trying to get it sorted by the shop or just buying a new one outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

I would recommend the techsperts.ie - they fixed 3 of my laptops & they also fix consoles. V reasonable and sound lads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

There is no real fix unless you can get in reballed with lead solder
    I don't know anyone in Ireland that can do that
    If you do get it fixed it will last 3 months tops
    Sony will swap the unit for €120 and give you a 120gb slim model with a 3 month warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Merl1n wrote: »
    Sony will swap the unit for €120 and give you a 120gb slim model with a 3 month warranty

Any more info on this? Can everyone avail of it or is it certain models?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

the model is the original 60 gig launch model, :( with al the sd cards compact flash card readers.

Not really sure what to do altho i will tell you I miss the :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Snowie wrote: »
    the model is the original 60 gig launch model, :( with al the sd cards compact flash card readers.

Not really sure what to do altho i will tell you I miss the :(

Consolepros do reball, give them a call as it's a 60GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Should be a sticky for all these threads,

Use search function

www.consolerepairs.ie
    or
    www.consolepros.ie

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JaneyM89

Hi,
    Does anyone know if consolepros.ie is still running? I have a ps3 that was repaired after getting the YLOD and its happened again but it is still under the 6 month guarantee period from consolepros? I have tried e-mailing and calling but the phone wont ring. The website appears to be gone too? Any help would be great thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement