Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

• 12-01-2013 3:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Time for NXT 2013 thread.

The timing is because this week the main even features the Shield and recently called up BIG E Langston.

NXT have taped a Tag Team Tournament to crown Tag Champs so the tag matches might be worth a match to see some teams that will take art in that.

The main event is Seth Rollins v Big E Langston for the NXT championship. Its a no DQ and Rollins is part of the Shield here. Its not a sensational match but well worth a look to see Big E in a face role and how quickly he got the people at Full Sail behind him doing his 5 count gimmick.

I am sure if they didn't have Ryback he would be have been brought in doing this as a face. Its worth noting he has that adaptability and anyone that saw RAW or Smackdown this week will see he is well able to branch out from the non emotional stoney faced guy that debuted on RAW. He is not just a big guy but also shows signs of a being good sports entertainer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Entertaining show. Bit rough around the edges but you'd expect that. First I'd seen of Bray Wyatt in his current role he's got a lot of charisma and presence about him. Can't say his goons overly impressed mind you. Paige is class. What's the craic with Big E then? Is he going to be face on NXT and heel on the main shows or what?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As far as I can tell Big E is face at the next set of tapings.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Only just found out about Kenneth Cameron getting released. There goes a tag team that had potential

There's something about Bo Dallas I just don't like. His accent really holds him back when cutting promos and he really doesn't suit this athletic fiery blue chipper persona that WWE are having him use. I was hoping with McGillicutty as a face now we'd be spared those cringeworthy facials of his. Hope. dashed.

And they made Emma a heel? She reminds me of heel Eve and that's not a good thing. She's way more suited to playing a face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Love seeing Paige and Tenille/Emma together. Two of my favourites. I'm with Regal though about that lame dancing thing they gave the latter. What was that? Paige needs a more effective finisher too because the Paige Turner sucks. She is refreshing though and I like the anti Diva gimmick they have given her.

I said a couple of weeks back that I thought it was a mistake turning Big E heel when he moved up the roster. The guy is super over in NXT and the five count gimmick they gave him was working. I don't get why they would turn him from that into another generic heel heavy. This guy has everything they want. He ticks all the boxes Vince loves but he also possesses charisma and unlike Lashley he doesn't sound like a kid when he talks.
    There's something about Bo Dallas I just don't like. His accent really holds him back when cutting promos and he really doesn't suit this athletic fiery blue chipper persona that WWE are having him use. I was hoping with McGillicutty as a face now we'd be spared those cringeworthy facials of his. Hope. dashed.

I quite like Bo Dallas although he has some way to go yet. He has a good look and I can see the female audience liking him. He reminds me a bit of a young Jeff Hardy, although their styles are very different. I actually think his facials could work very well as a heel. I think a lot of the male crowd members dislike him because he comes across as a bit of a pretty boy but that could open up an opportunity for him. I'd love to see how he'd do as a heel.

I noticed in the tag match Primo and Epico got a new theme. I have to say I preferred the previous one. No Rosa either. I forgot about the storyline they were doing for her and Alberto which must have been scrapped due to his babyface turn.

I'll have to keep an eye out for this in future. Nice and short, some interesting prospects to watch. JR doing the main event gave it extra importance too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bill DeMott is out as NXT trainer and BILLY GUNN is in!

I would love to travel back in time and travel to 2000 and tell the IWC this.

I think Ryback is the reason Big E got brought up as a heel. Another face monster running around beating on people wouldn't be ideal timing. Bring him up and do the eventual turn on Dolph to go face a year down the road could work.

also alot of what we see on NXT is going to be trying things out, after all it is a development show and not everything they try is going to work from the start and some things will never work. Its not that long ago Sandow was Colonel Damian Sandow!

I can't warm to McGillicutty at all either heel or face. Agree with MNGs comments on Bo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

rovert wrote: »
    Bill DeMott is out as NXT trainer and BILLY GUNN is in!

I would love to travel back in time and travel to 2000 and tell the IWC this.

Why did they cream over this match or what, I only got into wrestling at the next ppv to this

Tough watchin the impact on chris be outs head on some of his moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Here is the footage of DX & Nash from NXT - looks like they are just having fun!

http://www.wwe.com/videos/dx-and-kevin-nash-invade-the-nxt-taping-at-full-sail-university-26083612

Adrian Nevlle aka PAC on the indies debuts on this week's episode which hasn't surfaced online just yet. Go out of your way to watch him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    Adrian Nevlle aka PAC on the indies debuts on this week's episode which hasn't surfaced online just yet. Go out of your way to watch him.

I watched that video today (was one of the content deliveries I got in work) up against Sakamoto - He looks incredible! One HELL of an amazing finisher!!

I watched that video today (was one of the content deliveries I got in work) up against Sakamoto - He looks incredible! One HELL of an amazing finisher!!

If he keeps nth of the moves he had wrestling on the indies and Japan he could be a very strong midcard act. I don't think he will be a headliner due to his strong Georgie accent.

You will really in his corner personally if you listen to his Art of Wrestling interview:
    tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/01/18/aow-78-pac/

As good as he is. He is/was in his own league in terms of performance anxiety. From crippling stage fright to after a match marching off in a huff thinking he sh*t the bed when in reality he tore down the house. I hope he has conquered that by now or is sharply forced to by 60,000 WWE fans at Wrestlemania chanting his name to realise that yeah he is pretty ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Cheers for the link to the Art Of Wrestling. I keep meaning to download more of those things. I listened to the one with Shawn Daivari a long time ago. So now I'll move onto CM Punk. Anyway, yeah I'm really enjoying NXT at the moment. I don't think Big E. Langston is going to be a good champion, as entertaining to watch as Seth Rollins, who was great in his babyface role I thought. But, having said that, I think Rollins is in a good place if he can keep up the heel thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

It's looks like they are pushing a Regal/Hero match would be great.

I will try to find a link later on if one isn't posted, PAC was back again this week. Regal again putting him over well and he looked good as part of a tag Team with Oliver Grey v the 2 good lads from 3MB.

also get to see Big E and the Wyatt Family.

HBK actually opens the show.

Warning: a bit too much Corey Graves on the show for my liking. He has a match, a promo and backstage segment.

also a diva's match in there, A Ri and Derrick Bateman setting up something with Corey Graves back stage with Dusty Rhodes in the middle of it all.

so well worth a watch to see three stand outs in PAC, Big E, Bray Wyatt. Of course throw in Heath, Drew and HBK to round off a good 40mins or so.

Tag team tournament was launched on this weekp show, I didn't realise that this morning when checking who was on the show. Link to follow

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I will try to find a link later on if one isn't posted, PAC was back again this week. Regal again putting him over well and he looked good as part of a tag Team with Oliver Grey v the 2 good lads from 3MB.

also get to see Big E and the Wyatt Family.

HBK actually opens the show.

Warning: a bit too much Corey Graves on the show for my liking. He has a match, a promo and backstage segment.

also a diva's match in there, A Ri and Derrick Bateman setting up something with Corey Graves back stage with Dusty Rhodes in the middle of it all.

so well worth a watch to see three stand outs in PAC, Big E, Bray Wyatt. Of course throw in Heath, Drew and HBK to round off a good 40mins or so.

I saw this on Sky this week. Was a fun episode.

It's not so much Corey that's doing my head in as it is Conor O'Brian. I just think this whole thing is hilariously bad. It would be tolerable if they gave him a cool name with the gimmick but having him doing all this mysterious stuff and still be called Conor O'Brian is too much for me.

I'm liking the Bray Wyatt persona. Beats Husky Harris anyway. I get a True Blood vibe off it.

Big E is super over with the crowd. I think these shows are taped - and a few weeks behind - so it will probably change a good bit in the near future due to his WWE heel persona. Bit like what happened to Seth Rollins. I still think Langston should have been brought up with the 5 count gimmick as a babyface. I think he would have got over quicker than Ryback did.

Nice to see them doing something with Aksana too. I think she could make a decent manager for someone. I thought she did fine with Cesaro, though I like him without anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

It's not so much Corey that's doing my head in as it is Conor O'Brian. I just think this whole thing is hilariously bad. It would be tolerable if they gave him a cool name with the gimmick but having him doing all this mysterious stuff and still be called Conor O'Brian is too much for me.

Couldn't agree more! I just posted about this on the Royal Rumble Thread (just realised was probably the wrong place). It's impossible to take these guys seriously when they're given such ludicrous names!!

Nightmare O'Brian

NOB

Your right, if they want to have a guy doing an all out gimmick he should have a name to match. Even if they wanted something plain they could go with something harsh sounding or relevant to the mystery.

Lex Arcane or something like that.

Definitely not the name of the local ginger kid that gets picked on (I mean that in the sense of an american kid where ginger and Irish name would lead to picked on).

Leo Kruger is a good example of when they got it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Just after watching last week's nxt decent show I hope this is how they bring Wyatt up so much more talent then Bo.

d.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone know what the story is with NXT tapings and attending them? over in florida for 3 weeks during the sumemr, wouldnt mind catching one.

Anyone watch the latest show featuring the decider of the tag title tournament?

I liked how...
    the victory for Adrian and Oliver was made into such a big deal. It's refreshing to see tag titles being treated as important.

I'm also becoming impressed with Summer. I thought her promo the previous week was pretty good and she seems to know her character well. Reminds me a bit of Maryse. Paige is still awesome too. Great pop she gets. Wonder when they will pull the trigger on a WWE call-up. I don't think she's ready in-ring wise but that's never stopped them before.

Yeah the consensus seems to be that Summer is a Kelly Kelly/Maryse hybrid.

There was some talk that they didn't want to call up Paige before she was at least 21, which is this year some time if I recall anything from my stalking of her correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just watching NXT before Raw. The show is really great. It's pretty much wrestling, wrestling, wrestling with minimal promos. It is often a common whinge of the IWC about the "sport entertainment" overload but it hits home when you get the likes of NXT, where in the ring is much more important than crappy backstage skits etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

4 weeks of NXT tapings
    Dark Match:

Garrett Dylan and Jake Carter defeated Axl Keegan and Travis Tyler

Episode 1

* NXT opens with Commissioner Dusty Rhodes. Dusty announces a Triple Threat match with the winner being the number one contender for the NXT Title. Bo Dallas, Conor O'Brian and Corey Graves are the participants.

* NXT Tag Team Champions Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey were introduced for a non-title tag team match, but only Neville came out. Neville said Grey is missing right now and he can't locate him, but says he will face their opponents by himself.

* NXT Tag Team Champion Adrian Neville defeated Judas Devlin and Scott Dawson after hitting a cork screw from the top rope.

* Leo Kruger defeated Yoshi Tatsu. After the match, Kruger put Tatsu back in the hold until Justin Gabriel ran out to make the save.

* Cameron, Naomi and Sasha Banks defeated Aksana, Alicia Fox and Audrey Marie.

* Conor O'Brian defeated Bo Dallas and Corey Graves in a Triple Threat match to become the #1 contender to the NXT Title.

Episode 2

* Kassius Ohno defeated Derrick Bateman.

* Summer Rae defeated Emma.

* Bo Dallas defeated Bray Wyatt. After the match, members of The Wyatt Family attacked Bo.

* Leo Kruger beat Justin Gabriel.

Episode 3

* William Regal opens the show. Regal says his career is ending soon. Regal puts over the NXT Roster and says he owes some an apology. Regal calls out Kassius Ohno. Ohno comes out and Regal says he is sorry for the the things he had said about him in the past. Ohno tells Regal that everything he just said was true. Ohno talks about his past in the wrestling industry, including one time traveling the world with CM Punk just to learn from Regal. Ohno says he followed in Regal's footsteps and says because of Regal, he is living his dream as a WWE star. Regal says Ohno deserves to be in WWE. Ohno mentions he doesn't want to be like Regal because Regal has turned from a villain into a joke. Ohno brings up Regal kissing Vince McMahon's ass and Regal slaps Ohno in response. Ohno leaves.

* Paige defeated Bayley.

* Luke Harper Erick Rowan defeated NXT Tag Team Champion Adrian Neville. After the match, Oliver Grey and Bo Dallas came out to make the save before The Wyatt Family could continue their attack on Neville.

Episode 4

* Show kicked off with Byron Saxton in the ring announcing that a special Road to WrestleMania episode of NXT is happening tonight. Saxton introduces WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel who says a special match is up next and then introduces fellow Hall of Famer Jim Ross. JR joins the announce booth.

* Kaitlyn defeated Natalya.

* Brodus Clay defeated El Local.

* Kassius Ohno attacks William Regal at the announce booth.

* Randy Orton defeated Damien Sandow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Bayley is SHIMMER's Davina Rose just in case anyone was curious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement