Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrestling Observer:
    --WWE has hired back Shawn Spears, who is now in NXT.

Shawn was in WWE developmental in mid 00s. Lot of people thought WWE missed the boat on him and was way better than his then tag partner Cody Rhodes. He was called up to ECW and set up to fail. Same deal as Ryan Braddick and Scotty Goldman.

Eddie's daughter Shaul Guerrero is back too. She seems to have left NXT last year to at least in part due to an eating disorder:
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2013/09/08/why-did-raquel-diaz-ask-for-her-wwe-release/

It was uneasy enough just knowing she was Eddie's daughter let alone seeing her bang the back of her head on the mat violently on every back bump as she has limited athleticism. Eddie had addiction issues and was diagnosed as bipolar. Both of those things run in the Guerrero family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Great to see him get a second chance.

I remember Colt Cabana saying Spears was the best face/heel by a country mile during his time at OVW. Can't think which one it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Raquel Diaz should not be allowed near a wrestling ring again. She's a good talker and has good personality but she was worse than Ashley Massaro in the ring and at least Ashley admitted she was trained on a per-match basis. Raquel had two years in FCW and still looked like a lost lamb

Another leaked promo class featuring EVERYONE:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaOq4c2rzPix9MrrpRQW_W0su_jbmeSmR

Character pitch promos for Emma, Rusev, Graves and Woods:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaOq4c2rzPiw_4o3Sqjcv9Uc5VZmUs88w

Guess they are next.

EDIT: Now all set to private.

Too slow lads too slow.

Videos still up. A sample:

And the wrestler formerly known as Samurai Del Soul

Simon Gotch... the 2013 New Character Find of the Year!

• Advertisement

The leaked NXT Promos uploaded again here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WorkhorseWWE/videos

Lol at Mason Ryan. They should definitely go that direction with him.

That Alexa Bliss seems very good too. The gimmick is pretty much Jamie Noble and Nidia all over again but she's hilarious

Can't say I was a fan of the Luther Ward one. It could have worked as a gimmick but still not sure how well it would have went down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I just noticed in one of the videos that Pierre Marceo (or how ever it's spelt) got signed and is in developmental. How come there wasnt any reports?

Joe cabray and rebecca knox got mentioned on here.

I heard rumours a couple of months ago. But he deleted his facebook long before that and doesn't have a Twitter account so he must have just slipped under the radar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not enough Emma!

The Paige and Bayley one was funny, as was the Mason Ryan one.

Poor Bayley in her solo one and looks like Kassius is in decent shape now anyway.

Not a fan of Conor O'Brien at all.

• Advertisement

I implore everyone to watch Buddy Murphy's one. I would legit fire him on the spot for that promo for his lack of business sense in terms of knowing whom he works for - a PG publicly traded company that partners with numerous child centred charities.

Also Paige's real life personality displayed in her skit with Bailey is a zillion times better and more interesting than her rigid NXT personality.

Not so much being involved with Children's charities, but guessing sounding like what Benoit did. So I'd say he was pulled up for it at least and maybe got a warning to be more careful what he said.

Just watched the Neville/Breeze/Dawson one that just went up. That was fun

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not so much being involved with Children's charities, but guessing sounding like what Benoit did. So I'd say he was pulled up for it at least and maybe got a warning to be more careful what he said.

Thought that was too obvious too mention but yeah. On the F4W board one of the hosts of a podcast that focuses on the Australia scene says Buddy has a track record of not knowing what to say in public. More now than ever WWE Superstars are viewed as brand ambassors whether it be liaisoning with charities or the media.

Anecdote: despite being widely known as one of the absolute best and most versatile Wrestlers in World Sami Zayn was principally signed due to all the languages he knows.

So yeah Buddy Murphy cop the **** on.

Zayn and Hawkins slugged it out but it isn't go out of your way good. However Aiden English, Bo's promo and the main event most certainly are.

My favourite thing about Aiden is that on Twitter he is often very "32 counties" - he is from Chicahgo yet someone gave him the surname English. Which is lolz.

Back to on screen. All the stars to Aiden English's character. However he runs the risk of overlapping Damien Sandow. An increasing problem with NXT and no brand spilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The only thing I got from this was that Amore and Big Cass have a hurricane of cash following in their tow; fantastic chemistry and full of confidence.

Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore has been hired as a trainer by WWE and is expected to report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida shortly.
    Dinsmore was originally slated to report a few weeks back but the word making the rounds today would be that he would start within the next two weeks.

There is also talk that the company may be looking to add additional trainers as well.

Bit of a step up from training people in OVW.

Zayn is back on the road with WWE again this weekend:

https://twitter.com/iLikeSamiZayn/status/381065849659863042

Dunno how much of it being another audition or simply the lack of babyface depth.

I just noticed in one of the videos that Pierre Marceo (or how ever it's spelt) got signed and is in developmental. How come there wasnt any reports?

WWE should reform the hottest faction ever to appear on TWC and TWC:Fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    I implore everyone to watch Buddy Murphy's one. I would legit fire him on the spot for that promo for his lack of business sense in terms of knowing whom he works for - a PG publicly traded company that partners with numerous child centred charities.

If those promos were leaked then he wouldn't have known that the video would reach the public domain so a firing would have been a bit harsh. Perhaps he cut a controversial promo to stand out from the rest or to get more attention from the trainers, but it was harmless really. Thought it was an excellent promo though but of course nobody wants reminding of the Benoit tragedies.

Footage of Kalisto's first NXT match:

NXT announcer Tony Dawson has left WWE. That dude couldn't tell a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

So I will miss him and Regal snapping at him greatly obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

NXT announcer Tony Dawson has left WWE. That dude couldn't tell a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

So I will miss him and Regal snapping at him greatly obviously.

"FOR THE WIN.....NO!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I always got a real cheesy gameshow host vibe off of him! Bring back striker!

I always got a real cheesy gameshow host vibe off of him! Bring back striker!

Renee Young sat in with Regal on the last set of NXT tapings.

A woman. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Careful now... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Took 'em long enough. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,146 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

First you give them the vote and then doing commentary on NXT:(
    :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Next they'll be wanting to be proud of their achievements, like winning the top title available to them...

Knowing WWE they'll give her a pink headset

She'll be forced to just get into pointless storylines and make her more confused than Big Show as to whether she's heel or face, like with the rest of the divas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Next they'll be wanting to be proud of their achievements, like winning the top title available to them...

They brought back the Miss Royal Rumble contest?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement