Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'd would give my high points of the show but they are largely surprise/spoiler oriented.

Let's just say it is one of the FUN episodes of NXT rather than a 20 minute Leo Kruger/Corey Graves bore-a-thon NXTs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't see that ending coming.

Wonder if they'll ever bring El Local to the main roster and if they do, will RVD still have his ring announcer?

She was pretty impressive as the 3rd person in the announce booth on the developmental show and I must admit Iwas a late convert to Renee Young but if you are still on the fence this tumblr might get you on her side:
    http://fyeahreneeyoung.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i loved regals shots at tony.....my favourite being "can we get renee young back - get rid of you"

ps: Renee Young is a goddess!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    She was pretty impressive as the 3rd person in the announce booth on the developmental show and I must admit Iwas a late convert to Renee Young but if you are still on the fence this tumblr might get you on her side:
    http://fyeahreneeyoung.tumblr.com/

tumblr_msuv7ggTmI1sf2tlmo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, ok, I knew I was crushing on her but now it's full blown love :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Yeah, ok, I knew I was crushing on her but now it's full blown love :p

Back of the queue Bruddah!

A missed opportunity at the end there. Could've had El Generico compete this week and next until the title match before revealing himself.

Ohno looked well. I can't really remember his matches before, but I wouldn't say he was able to do some of the moves he was doing here. Strange he lost clean though.

Emma and Santino worked great as a comedy tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How are Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady in the ring? I think I heard they're pretty green. Whatever call them up today, I love those guys. Love Sami Zayn, love Emma, love Tyler breeze, love Aiden English. I Look forward to checking out this show every week.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A missed opportunity at the end there. Could've had El Generico compete this week and next until the title match before revealing himself.

Ohno looked well. I can't really remember his matches before, but I wouldn't say he was able to do some of the moves he was doing here. Strange he lost clean though..

heard he is still in the doghouse with the higher ups!

• Advertisement

Mojo was the anti-Duffman:

BVnq9SZCAAAFtgC.png

Emma/Santino vs Summer Rae/Fandango was great fun.

This week on NXT...
    *Charlotte vs. Santana Garrett
    *Antonio Cesaro vs. Leo Kruger
    *Mojo Rawley vs. Danny Burch
    *Hudson River Crossing vs. The Legionnaires
    *Rob Van Dam vs. Aiden English

Interesting episode. Mojo as I've said in the past is being spoken about as a Cena-esque future Wrestlemania main eventer. English-RVD is simply random. Someone who attended this taping told me that the Diva's match live at least was the worst NXT women's match ever.

rovert wrote: »
    This week on NXT...

Interesting episode. Mojo as I've said in the past is being spoken about as a Cena-esque future Wrestlemania main eventer. English-RVD is simply random. Someone who attended this taping told me that the Diva's match live at least was the worst NXT women's match ever.

i got the videos for Mojo, RVD and Cesaro matches - all fairly good!

Mojo is really being pushed as "former football player" - they mentioned it about 6 times!

Cesaro is a BEAST - that is all!.......actually no I have to say it - the elevation he gets on the last European uppercut is frightening!

RVD was typical RVD - by the numbers match, although with a twisting rolling thunder which i was impressed with!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who are the tag teams?

How long has Rudy Charles been in NXT?

I really like when Sami and Renee are together onscreen. They get on well together.

One thing I'm noticing about Bayley more now is that she seems to act more like Eugene than just a big fan.

Essentially a PPV type card on this week's NXT with both the male singes and tag belts on the line along with two grudge matches.
    The Ascension vs Corey Graves and Adrian Neville

CJ Parker vs Tyler Breeze

Summer Rae and Sasha Banks vs Emma and NXT Divas champ Paige

NXT champ Bo Dallas VS Sami Zayn.

I liked how last week the fans were calling for Emma to come out and make the save.

Will watch this evening. Be good to see Zayn win but I'd say this will be a chance for Bo to go full heel.

Watched this episode. I would hapiily replace the main roster with some of the NXT roster at this stage.

They have Eva Marie and Jojo in matches when they could be bringing up some of these divas. And the one diva they did bring up isn't showing any sign of getting involved in the divas matches - Summer.

They mentioned how the former NXT champs Seth Rollins and Big E are big names in WWE now and it got me thinking Why isn't Big E a bigger name. He's got personality and he's got the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

The main event was really good. Another good development in the Bo/Sami feud. I thought we were gonna get a Last Call off the top rope but that sunset flip powerbomb was fine too

They really need to stop giving their heels such great gimmicks. Tyler Breeze is really over at this point. It's only a matter of time before he sees the light like so many others before him

Women's match was disappointing. It could have been so much better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Whats the drill with Ohno? Any sign of him at all?

Got to be doubts about him making the main roster surely.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Whats the drill with Ohno? Any sign of him at all?

Got to be doubts about him making the main roster surely.:(

He was on nxt a couple of weeks ago and featured in recent set of tapings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hate when Tony calls Regal "Mr Regal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They mentioned how the former NXT champs Seth Rollins and Big E are big names in WWE now and it got me thinking Why isn't Big E a bigger name. He's got personality and he's got the size.

Should never have been brought up as a heel imo. I think if they let him be his NXT character on WWE that he would have got over quicker and more effectively than Lashley managed.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I hate when Tony calls Regal "Mr Regal".

He made a number of mistakes this week. Regal kept correcting him on moves, but one that I really noticed was when showing the replays of the Sami/Bo match, Sami did a bulldog yet Tony called it a DDT.

There also seemed to be times that he wasn't too comfortable having Renee there. He kept directing questions towards Regal, even genera questions. Think the only time he directly asked Renee questions was when referring to her as the expert on the divas.

VERY skippable NXT this week I'd advise to skip it.

TV tapings tonight in Florida.

I'm hoping that was just heat of the moment with Emma since they definitely shouldn't try to turn her heel. I'd say it was and they know better

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

They wouldn't need to turn either woman heel. Emma does still have a title match and Paige isn't exactly a straight up face, so she can play the heel in their match without it being out of character

Have to say I like tensai on commentaryu - thought he was quite natural in the role!

at what stage does tony get phased out? I know they do the tapings weeks at a time so when should he be gone in relation to tv time?

Layla been hanging with Bailey? Just the way Bailey got a feel of Charlotte's ass.

• Advertisement

Turn my back and go to the o2 and Becky Lynch debuts:
    BYgsqXHCcAA_Dfb.jpg

1gp0yc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement