Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Enjoyed that main event this week though not as much as the Ohno/Regal match from a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Enjoyed that main event this week though not as much as the Ohno/Regal match from a while back.

Well it was one of Ohno's last matchs. He got future endevored!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A Becky Quin update - don't worry I wont be doing this for every match just want nail down and communicate the details of what her character is. At the Jacksonville live event she cut her hair and got rid of the terrible make up from the Tampa show :
    0cf619d248fc11e39b8a125d06582ab4_8.jpg

Same comments and match as yesterday. Veronica Lane &Becky Lynch vs Paige & Bailey. Both her heel work and in ring got really over in front of a crowd that didn't really know her. Bailey wrestled as like Paige to Paige's annoyance. Becky before her match reads a Limerick insulting her opponents. Bailey did a thing were she tried to get Becky's Limerick book off her as Bailey wanted to read it. If you ever seen Rebecca do her heel stomping around protesting thing her and Bailey engaging in a tug of war with her could be really funny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While talking about her, at the O2 the other night, they were showing tweets from fans. One I noticed said (paraphrased) "Next year, Becky Lynch!"

While talking about her, at the O2 the other night, they were showing tweets from fans. One I noticed said (paraphrased) "Next year, Becky Lynch!"

That was me! Horrible pandering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would be great to see Becky in a feud with Paige. Now that match would test my loyalties.

Mickie James starts a weeks residency as a trainer at the Performance Centre today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    Mickie James starts a weeks residency as a trainer at the Performance Centre today.

So how long till shes on raw?

No idea.

She should be a TV performer for sure. But NXT has 18 Divas down there in Orlando according to Wikipedia and I know some won't be wrestlers but that's still a lot of people for Sara Del Ray to train. Also Mickie James has a more Sports Entertainment skillset than Sara does. So Mickie and Sara might be a dream team. I would make the case that Mickie training the top 5 NXT Divas is more important than wrestling the bottom 5 main roster lost cause Divas.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Mickie was one of the few Divas post Trish and Lita that never failed to get a crowd to react. Clearly she has some secrets she should be teaching. Mickie is also more inclined to teach Divas how to work with cameras and do backstage segments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Mickie James vs AJ Lee at Wrestlemania 30 so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Charisteas wrote: »
    Mickie James vs AJ Lee at Wrestlemania 30 so?

"Well I'm a little bit country...."

"...and I'm a little bit LET'S LIGHT IT UP"

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I know everyone loves the Kings of Wrestling and so on but I have to say I kind of agree with whoevers running the show at NXT about Chris Hero / Kassius Ohno - we just caught up with his Luke Harper match last night before watching RAW and he was very underwhelming, just as he was in any of the NXT matches I'd seen him in tbh. Maybe it's just not his time.

I'm a fan of Harpers though, he'll be the breakout star of the Wyatts imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Sami Zayn on the other hand has looked INCREDIBLE in every match I've seen him in - I know packaging etc. has a bit to do with it but it could just have been that two high-profile indie wrestlers came in at around the same time and one outshone the other pretty early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Regal called Tensai Albert.
    So will we get Bayley/Paige/Emma versus Charlotte/Summer/Sasha?

And what's with NXT jobbers? Are they signed talent or ones trying out?

The jobbers are probably two thirds contract talent and one third local indy workers.
    So will we get Bayley/Paige/Emma versus Charlotte/Summer/Sasha?

I would assume that yes. Possibly a match on the 200th NXT show that will be taped at the next and last NXT taping of 2013. The date for the next NXT taping is 21st November which is also the same day as a IMPACT TV taping done the road so it should be a stacked show. Antonio Cesaro vs William Regal has already been announced.

I am going to shock people and as I said the night of the TV tapings
    I hope Becky Lynch is the 4th Horseperson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I am going to shock people and as I said the night of the TV tapings
    I hope Becky Lynch is the 4th Horseperson.

Wow Rovert - I didn't think you liked her!! ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Antonio Cesaro vs William Regal has already been announced.

20f13-cesaro4.gif

dancing-regal.gif

They had a short Raw match that no one probably remembers:

Look how small JoJo is and the size of her head:
    BZPL-PRIAAA4cZH.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I don't like jojo at all! She is annoying - i actually prefer eva marie- which is saying something!

JoJo is a better wrestler but Eva is a zillion times better as a human being. And Eva fell out of the ring fine and took a sick bump a couple of weeks ago - baby steps

Leftfield call up:

BU3e3fWCYAA_O6-.jpg
    - WWE NXT star Judas Devlin is also in Atlanta for tonight's SmackDown tapings. He was in Nashville last night for RAW.

I guess they have a role for him as he is never featured on NXT nor has any kind of buzz. I pay attend to NXT live events and don't recall off hand the last time he was used.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wyatt Family?

I remembered him jobbing in a tag team. Googled it and found it was a handicap loss to PAC Neville last Feb

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Wyatt Family?

No idea but if they were going for an alternative look lad you would think they would select Corey Grave - as aggressively boring as he is.

Ludicrously armed Swedish arm wrestling champ Sarah Backman finally reported to developmental after her visa went through:

195b6c98515511e39bd51230495cd073_8.jpg

Originally posted about here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83565426&postcount=320

If you google image her it seems allegedly largely a creation between pharmaceuticals and photoshop.

Colt Cabana is doing his announcing tryout currently down there.

"Scott can you say that again but less Jewish?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Meltzer has said that Edwards and Richards are going to be working the tv tapings tomorrow night should be interesting to see how they get on.

• Advertisement

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Meltzer has said that Edwards and Richards are going to be working the tv tapings tomorrow night should be interesting to see how they get on.

Without a medical test or physical too. Guess they are getting destroyed by The Ascension.

Earlier in the week Meltzer referred to them interning in NXT. WWE and Jobsbridge finally meet. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement