Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

rovert wrote: »
    Without a medical test or physical too. Guess they are getting destroyed by The Ascension.

Earlier in the week Meltzer referred to them interning in NXT. WWE and Jobsbridge finally meet. :P
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if Hunter made that happen jobber entrance is pretty much assured as well just to see what their reaction would be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The Whopper NXT taping is tonight

Cesaro vs Regal
    American Wolves in some capacity
    Kane
    Kofi Kingston
    TNA Impact going head to head up the road
    Becky Lynch and Xavier Woods on a staircase:
    BZnwAotIIAAobiK.jpg

Another presentation skills video got leaked last night on Youtube but the Youtube channel got set to private.

So someone uploaded them here:
    https://archive.org/details/NXTPresentationSkills-11-19-2013

They are from this week. Featuring an emotional promo from Bailey about Xavier Woods finally debutting on WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

did Ohno just beat Breeze in the Beat the clock challenge?

Also strange that after the previous weeks, Aidan English got the jobber entrance then lost.

Zayn vs Neville should be a good one to watch.

On a sidenote, I think this is how Beat the Clock challenges should be done in the main shows. Where both guys in the ring are attempting to beat the clock. In the main shows only one competitor is attempting it which seems unfair to his opponent because not only are they not given the same opportunity for the title or whatever but they're basically out there as a jobber since it's usually made out that they'll be beat, just don't know how long it will take.

Greatly enjoyed this weeks beat the clock episode. Anything that saves us from a 20 minute Leo Kruger/Corey Graves type snoozer is a plus. I know the eventual result after reading the spoilers. The story they tell the next few weeks is very worth while.

• Advertisement

So long Leo Kruger:

BZzGipQIQAAKZ3y.jpg

Welcome Adam Rose.

He is pipebomb promo on the creative team that leaked online a month ago:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1576iz_leo-kruger-nxt-presentation-skills-11-09-2013_sport?search_algo=2

Poor Enzo:

nGcvBOw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So long Leo Kruger:

BZzGipQIQAAKZ3y.jpg

Welcome Adam Rose.

He is pipebomb promo on the creative team that leaked online a month ago:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1576iz_leo-kruger-nxt-presentation-skills-11-09-2013_sport?search_algo=2
    What's going on?i must have missed something?

So they canned his Leo Kruger gimmick and have repackaged him as Adam Rose?

Not that I was a Kruger fan, but why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I noticed a 'Jasper Orton' listed on the roster of the NXT page on Wikipedia, any relation to Randy or just a load of BS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_NXT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    I noticed a 'Jasper Orton' listed on the roster of the NXT page on Wikipedia, any relation to Randy or just a load of BS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_NXT

a quick googlin tells me he is randy's cousin, Bob Ortons nephew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

a quick googlin tells me he is randy's cousin, Bob Ortons nephew

I read that too, but again only on Wikipedia.

Well Zayn/Neville was absolutely class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

what is going on with enzo and that hair? did he lose a bet or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Well Zayn/Neville was absolutely class.

How much do they cut down matches on tv that was about 10 mins long but I felt watching it was a longer match.

NXT was absolutely wrecked by the commentary this week. Alex Riley straddled between possibly being a heel being a grumpy c*nt of man. While Renee Young has either picked up JBL's bad habits after hanging around him for too long or she has Matt Strikered herself by believing all the praise.

I really wish WWE commentators would stop referencing Miley Cyrus and twerking at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

they must be told you - there was no way there would be that many twerking references without being told to do so. "Keep making the pop culture references - fans like it - lets get down with the kids!"

I rememebr at a partners conference this years mania i spoke to william regal and he told me how much torture it was on commentary - he said Michael Cole is the most under appreiated man out there. (paraphrasing here) "it's just constantr, do this do that, talk about this now, sponsorship now, plug x now y, now banter, twitter, tout, reference this...etc - it can be bloody exhausting"

i am surprised anyone has time to think and speak at the same time while having all that going on in your ear!

Also - don't you badmouth Renee Young - the woman is a goddess and can do whatever the hell she likes! :mad:

:pac:

I agree about A-Ry i had no idea if he was trying to be face or heel or justr arrogant or if he was cracking on to renee!

Cole said something similar about always promoting the app.

As for A-Ry cracking on to Renee, I like how herself and Regal play off each other. Regal being all charming and Renee going along with it.

Details of Sami Callihan's/Solomon Crowe's new gimmick from a recent NXT house show has popped up online.

BaxlYoUCYAEOPMI.jpg

Kalisto (the former Samuray del Sol, who notably brought his "lucha, lucha" chant over to WWE) came out after intermission to hype the rest of the events for the evening. NXT is basically having their new talent test their in-ring promo ability by having them as hype men, to those who might be confused.

Kalisto did his glowing baton routine, which actually is kinda cool, and he was about to do the traditional live event "hyping up the crowd by giving away free stuff" bit, when the lights went out and the sound you usually hear during an Emergency Broadcast Signal blared over the speakers. The lights were flickering, so you could barely tell at first, but someone had attacked Kalisto.

The lights came on to reveal Solomon Crowe, who has a very maniacal look on his face, with his finger hovering over a tablet, indicating that he basically has the entire arena hacked.

Without a word, he presses a button on his tablet, shutting off the lights and setting off the EBS alarm, and disappears.

While Crowe has a table Becky Lynch has a Limerick book. Becky made her NXT singles debut against Bailey at a NXT live event last night too:

Bawsh_PIcAAX-68.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I'm not sure why but I'm getting tired of Paige right now. She's a good wrestler and always has consistent matches. I'm just sick of countless Divas these days using the "hey guys look at me, I'm just like you" attitude. And I get annoyed of the models vs wrestlers schtick which is so outdated these days. There's nothing wrong with being feminine and I get annoyed of being supposed to boo Summer Rae and Sasha Banks just because they're beautiful. I much prefer Emma and Bayley's characters - they just exist as interesting characters in their own right without making some big statement

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love the idea of someone who can hack the arena. Shocking there hasn't been an attempt at that before now...

I love the idea of someone who can hack the arena. Shocking there hasn't been an attempt at that before now...

The ESB will be doing a lights out gimmick on the 16th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did you catch him in the leaked `mirror' video rovert linked, it was really good and a very interesting character.

Something that struck me in the greatest non world champion thread was how guys who could do it in the ring also had great characters as well in years gone by. Too many Tyson Kidds, Justin Gabriels around now where they can work but we have no reason to be engaged by the person in the ring.

Good Gimmicks/personas are important to create a real connection with the crowd before they eventually become a superstar on their name alone. From Jake the Snake, Million Dollar who are greats for sure to hugely successful guys like Undertaker or Cena and his thugenomics persona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sounds a bit like Anarky from Batman.
    Is he going to take credit from screwing Austin in the ladder match vs the McMahon's and turning out the lights for Taker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hacking the place using dial up?

SO happy to hear Ricochet is trying out at NXT today:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE are signing way too many great wrestlers. Hero was the first to get lost in the shuffle (for one reason or another), it's a shame more will too.

• Advertisement

WWE are signing way too many great wrestlers. Hero was the first to get lost in the shuffle (for one reason or another), it's a shame more will too.

Hero wasn't really lost in the shuffle at all. He was used a lot and was on people's minds. There were a lot factors involved in that.

I believe WWE is priming for a Cruiserweight show for the WWE network. They've signed and retained a lot of flyers the past few years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement