Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is it possible to legally watch nxt on the internet if you are not in the US? I have been wanting to watch it for a while now but havent bothered resorting to other means just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it possible to legally watch nxt on the internet if you are not in the US? I have been wanting to watch it for a while now but havent bothered resorting to other means just yet

It's on sky in the uk n Eire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's on sky in the uk n Eire
    I guess there is nothing on the internet though? Oh well, I will find it some other way ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Expected news for the Observer:
    Those from NXT slated for call-ups the quickest right now are Emma, Paige, Alexander Rusev and Lana (as a team, which is a good move).

Emma debuting in the crowd on Raw is probably a good idea as I would save vignettes for Paige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Mojo the new Warrior? :)

Wonder who they'll have on the first live episode. They'll want to go with someone reliable so maybe Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Paige and will have to have Bo, assuming he's champ at the time.

• Advertisement

Jesus, Mary and Joseph that Kofi Kingston vs Alexander Rusev was some sack of shyte.

Very skippable show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph that Kofi Kingston vs Alexander Rusev was some sack of shyte..

It really was! Kofi as the "veteran" is just not believable at all, he is only hanging on for his royal rumble spot IMO!

Yeah even the nxt crowd who are usually into all matches started entertaining themselves sing the Mexican wave and all

Becky Lynch Watch 2014.

Returned to NXT live events tonight with new gear and seemingly a different character:

89209bda800c11e3892c120b560fe867_8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Becky Lynch Watch 2014.

Returned to NXT live events tonight with new gear and seemingly a different character:

89209bda800c11e3892c120b560fe867_8.jpg

Is that Sheamus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is that Sheamus?

That'll be "Mrs Sheamus" whenever Fandango disappears!

Becky vs Bailey from Friday. Very basic match based around working the arm but you have to watch Becky's entrance. She is essentially doing an Irish Dancing version of Summer Rae's main roster character:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This looks the kind of gimmick that would have me peeking out through my fingers. I was really hoping they wouldn't saddle her with some Oirish shtick. Are they really so bereft of ideas in that company that they can't give an Irish person a role that doesn't involve the usual old stereotypes?

This looks the kind of gimmick that would have me peeking out through my fingers. I was really hoping they wouldn't saddle her with some Oirish shtick. Are they really so bereft of ideas in that company that they can't give an Irish person a role that doesn't involve the usual old stereotypes?

I get ya and I believe this was discussed before here but fairly obviously:
    • Stereotypes allow you to connect to an audience easier as they are so broadly drawn
    • The Yanks love the Irish
    • In terms of a main roster call up. The McMahons love their Irish roots and appealing is rather smart.

Becky is a very Irish Irish person so to me there's no use in fighting it in my opinion. A heel Riverdancer is subversive enough for me. It is the a the spoon full of sugar to make the Paddywhackery medicine go down.

The former Leo Kruger's Adam Rose debut is GENUINELY worth going unspoiled for. But if you are curious here you go:

http://imgur.com/a/VIa4b#ctVzqGh

Explanation:
    There was a vignette played a match or two prior to the Adam Rose debut that had a cameraman in a nightclub at a huge party full of WWE developmental talent that hadn't yet had their in-ring debuts on NXT TV (Kalisto, Solomon Crowe, Bull Dempsey, Alexa Bliss, Kendall Skye, etc.). It turned out the party was for Adam Rose himself, as he is now some kind of waify, party going, bachelor figure.
    The lights went out and the party came out and down the stage before Rose made his way out from the rabble and bopped his way down to the ring. Before making his way inside, the party lifted him to their shoulders and he crowdsurfed into the ring.

After winning his match, the party returned and kept going.

Featuring a cameo appearence from Becky herself too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A NXT PPV called 'Arrival' has been announced for the 27th of February.

Card is:
    Bo Dallas v Adrian Neville in a ladder match for the NXT Championship
    Paige V Emma for the NXT Womens Championship
    Sami Zayn v Antonio Cesaro in a 2 out of 3 falls match

Presume this is a test run for the streaming abilities of PPVs on the WWE network.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/jbl-announ...e-net-26179443

P_1 wrote: »
    A NXT PPV called 'Arrival' has been announced for the 27th of February.

Card is:
    Bo Dallas v Adrian Neville in a ladder match for the NXT Championship
    Paige V Emma for the NXT Womens Championship
    Sami Zayn v Antonio Cesaro in a 2 out of 3 falls match

Presume this is a test run for the streaming abilities of PPVs on the WWE network.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/jbl-announ...e-net-26179443

Hopefully it's shown on Sky over here.

Random use of a Dr. Horrible song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Semi Zayn & Antonio Cesaro's pinky promise moment was class this week

Any word on the NXT PPV being shown on Sky over here?

• Advertisement

Any word on the NXT PPV being shown on Sky over here?

The two hour PPV will be spilt into 2 one hour shows shown over the course of two weeks according to William Regal.

The two hour PPV will be spilt into 2 one hour shows shown over the course of two weeks according to William Regal.

Thats grand.

Just give us the damn network though :P

Wouldn't that put them a week behind then?

So Sami Zayn will be in a 2 out of 3 falls match with the WWE World Heavyweight champion? :)

The Cesaro-Zayn sit down on NXT this week is awesome stuff.

Cesaro's verbal delivery and facial acting has come on leaps and bounds compared to where it was.

Neville and Dallas stepped their game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The Cesaro-Zayn sit down on NXT this week is awesome stuff.

Cesaro's verbal delivery and facial acting has come on leaps and bounds compared to where it was.

Neville and Dallas stepped their game too.

Feckin idiots chanting CM Punk and Daniel Bryan during this. Some fans are just too cool!

Awesome look at the WWE Performance Centre

New William Regal interview from the Performance Centre:

Swoon

So NXT is competing with Impact tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's starting at 8pm eastern, what time does Impact air in the US?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement