Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What Ape said it is match 3 in like a 4 match story. If you download all the Rebecca Knox vs Allison Danger and Daizee Haze matches you have the full set. But the 2/3 falls is the best match easily.

411Mania said this about the match and the now out of print DVD:
    Most of the undercard was hovering around the average mark, but the last two matches warrant a purchase. The 2/3 falls match was the best wrestling women's match I've seen since the fall of Japanese women's wrestling. Definitely try to watch that match at least once.
    http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/67778/Dark-Pegasus-Video-Review:-SHIMMER-Vol.-5.htm#OO7ErVW2pLBUHB1o.99

The PWTorch on the mat work:
    There’s far too much to detail but the smoothness and innovation is to be commended.
    http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/DVDs_-_VGames_-_Books_25/article_47879.shtml#.U3jzTPldW_g

She was only 19 at the time.

I'd have it around the **** range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Do you know if Rebecca gets royalties from them matches?

Do you know if Rebecca gets royalties from them matches?

Independent companies don't pay royalties as a general rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching this week's ep just makes me wonder why they have Paige, Adam and Bo all brought up with their gimmicks from NXT yet they didn't let Big E keep his 5 count.

5-0 for Becky and Bailey against the BFFs:

BoXOVe2IQAEz2gw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm starting to think need an I Love Becky thread in the same way we had an I Love AJ thread.

NXT's Kendall Skye's choke out finish is pretty cool as is her music: http://instagram.com/p/oY-qEGIzWN/

BorXYaKIIAEULFf.jpg

Spoiler results from last night's tapings:
    Episode One:

*Mojo Rawley beats Aiden English.

*NXT Women's Champion Charlotte defeated Bayley after the returning Summer Rae distracted her. The BFFs beat down Bayley until Paige and Emma make the save.

*Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger won a match against unannounced talents.

*Tyler Breeze cuts a promo about becoming the top contender for the NXT title and says he will win it. he debuts his new music video.

*NXT champ Adrian Neville defeated Justin Gabriel. Tyson Kidd showed up and apologized for his behavior at Takeover and apologized. They challenged each other to a rematch.

Episode Two:

*Bayley & Emma & Paige defeated The BFFs, who were not on the same page. Bayley pinned Charlotte.

Colin Cassady defeated Sylvester Lefort.

*Sami Zayn pinned Mr. NXT, who was unmasked as Bo Dallas and forced out of the building by security.

*NXT champ Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd (with Natalya). Kidd won but the referee realized Adrian's foot was on the rope and restarted the match. Kidd tried to cheat but was nailed and pinned. He stormed off, leaving Nattie at ringside alone.

Episode 3:

On the screen, we saw Bo Dallas begging for help to return to NXT.

*Alexa Bliss defeated Sasha Banks. More BFF problems.

*Mojo Rawley defeated the returning Garrett Dylan.

*A new team, "The Vaudevillians", Aiden English and Simon Gotch defeated Travis Tyler and Angelo Dawkins.

*Tyler Breeze defeated Kalisto.

*NXT Tag champions The Ascension defeated Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd. Kidd walked out on Sami.

Episode 4:

*The Vaudevillians defeated unnamed competitors.

*Bull Dempsey defeated Xavier Woods. He said he was the last of a dying breed but was would take over NXT.

*Becky Lynch defeated Summer Rae.

*Colin Cassady defeated Sawyer Fulton. Marcus Louis and Sylvester Lefort attacked him and the returning Enzo Amore made the save

*WWE NXT champ Adrian Neville defeated RVD. He and Tyler Breeze faced off.

http://pwinsider.com/article/86002/second-set-of-wwe-nxt-spoilers-including-a-dream-match.html?p=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll admit that I don't watch NXT much.
    But why is Bo trying to get back into NXT? Surely now he's been "promoted", he should be happy to move up the ladder :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

But why is Bo trying to get back into NXT? Surely now he's been "promoted", he should be happy to move up the ladder :confused:
    spoiler alert :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

But why is Bo trying to get back into NXT? Surely now he's been "promoted", he should be happy to move up the ladder
    :confused:
    Doing it for his Bolievers perhaps? He is playing a character that believes the fans love him when they hate him so in his twisted mind he would want to be there for his fans

The quality of these names have me concerned at the bland name Devitt or Kevin Steven might get:

https://twitter.com/SteveCutlerWWE
    https://twitter.com/TuckerKnightWWE

No chance he'll keep Devitt?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    No chance he'll keep Devitt?

If you listen to Low Blows podcast he doesn't like "Prince Devitt" and if he had to do his career he would have suggested an alternative to New Japan. Seemed to like the idea of getting a new name.

I don't think WWE would let him keep his surname. As they want to own everything.

CM Punk was probably the last big name indie guy to be allowed keep his name and I'm sure they're regretting that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CM Punk was probably the last big name indie guy to be allowed keep his name and I'm sure they're regretting that now.

Yep, they also don't own his music which is such an important part of the character; in fact Punk has done good job of doing every part of his character so that it could be re-used in other company if he ever wanted.

There were a few guys that got in around 2006 specifically on ECW and were let keep their own name. Colin Delaney another?

This episode was grand as usual. Do these NXT shows remind anyone of WWF Wrestling Challenge which was made up of job matches? Grew up on them so have fond memories. NXT is miles better obvs.

Charlotte vs Bailey was pretty good.

One of the job guys, Philip Gouljar took a nasty bump nearly landing on his head in a similar that broke Sabu's neck in ECW due to a botched backdrop/flapjack. Jason Jordan shot him up off the ropes but Gouljar managed to turn in as he came down.

I
    Justin Gabriel suffered a mouse over his right eye in the with Neville.

:)

EDc9tYR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Paige and Emma with Bayley and Bayley's smile at them being there made me smile and wish Bayley would move up soon. Though at the same time, I'd be worried how she'd be handled on the main roster.

• Advertisement

Loved this episode. A lots more character building here than there has been in about a year.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing Paige and Emma with Bayley and Bayley's smile at them being there made me smile and wish Bayley would move up soon. Though at the same time, I'd be worried how she'd be handled on the main roster.

That's the run in:
    http://www.gfycat.com/UnkemptCelebratedFrillneckedlizard

Excellently executed segment over all. Yeah Bailey is superb at occupying her character.

I thought Becky was going to do a run-in. I wonder how she will fit in with Bailey vs BFFs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tyler Breeze was brilliant this week, love the theme music. I think Dolph will need to cut his hair, dye it black and get Evan Bourne back on screen as his little brother as he is ****ed when it comes to role of blonde show off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watching nxt and knowing that triple h is the head guy of it shows how different things will be when he takes over the main shows when vince decides to retire or clock out.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watching nxt and knowing that triple h is the head guy of it shows how different things will be when he takes over the main shows when vince decides to retire or clock out.
    Will it really though?

I can't see it changing all that much. I imagine some pushes/gimmicks will have longer shelf lives, but all in all it'll be status quo.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I remember reasing the exact same point online about 4years ago pre-NXT with the reasoning being that Triple H understands and/or appreciates things about wrestling that Vince has forgotten or gave up on.

Brian Alvarez and Dave Meltzer had an interesting little discussion on their podcast a few days ago about this. Something worth remembering is that while NXT is very good, it's just old-school booking and not breaking new ground so to speak. I mean, WWE could be booked like that but NXT is mainly a developmental to teach the workers the basics. Raw will still be chasing ratings when Trips is officially in charge. At the least though some long term booking and less stupid shïte would be a breath of fresh air but Trips was involved in lots of crap in his time eg. Katie Vick, DX 2006/2009, The Authority angle Sept last year to Janurary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think we may see a mix in the future, little things like the commentators actually calling the match or how they build certain matches (see how the womens title is booked in NXT and the most recent title match was promoted for example) could make a huge difference to the quality of the product but there will still be things on Raw that they would just never do on NXT due to financial reasons. Segments to plug shows like total Divas, having the announcer drinking o so refreshing mountain dew etc

As BH said Raw will always have commercial obligations they have to satisfy that NXT doesn't - Mountain Drew. Not only that the USA Network (Bonnie Hammer) will have significant input - More McMahons on screen/power struggles.

But I do believe NXT is an accurate portrayal of Triple H's philosophy.

rovert wrote: »
    As BH said Raw will always have commercial obligations they have to satisfy that NXT doesn't - Mountain Drew. Not only that the USA Network (Bonnie Hammer) will have significant input - More McMahons on screen/power struggles.

But I do believe NXT is an accurate portrayal of Triple H's philosophy.

It's not the stuff with commentators shilling stuff that bothers me. Nor is it commentators putting over main event angles during lower card matches.

It is the woeful unfunny "comedy" crap eg. Torito's tail. It's the bait and switch PPV-style matches with f**k finishes that gk nowhere as well as some of the nonsensical short-term week-to-week schizho booking eg Cena vs Kane this week. The underdeveloped undercard doesn't help. Look at how Bryan has been booked since Mania. The overscripted promos and general air of what Steve Austin referred to as 'everyone walking on eggshells' that has an effect on the workers. Failure to build to PPVs/monthly specials/whatever. Etc. Etc.

Fair point about the TV network getting their schpake in though.

• Advertisement

Among the Indy girls trying out this weekend are Mia Yim, Thea "Rosita" Trindad and young Canadian worker Jasmin:

Jasmin-GCW-Tabercil-e1394231511489-237x300.jpg

The first two are no brainer signees. Jasmin was someone talked up the past year was one to watch for the future. However she is almost too young and fresh faced. Really talent though sells well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement