Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

NXT is on at 2am tonight, Total Divas is on at 1.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NXT is on at 2am tonight, Total Divas is on at 1.

What channel is that on?

What channel is that on?

Dubya-Dubya-E Network.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dubya-Dubya-E Network.

Ah i see , thought it was on Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great to see Enzo back. Badda boom, Realest Guy in da room. Love him and Big Cass.

Bull Dempsey has the worst look ever.

Becky Lynch's jig is old already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

That lord of the dance ****e is diabolical. She won't go far with that. Another Emma. But worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I haven't watched yet, but when are the next tapings? Just maybe they'll addrress any negative points about Becky's gimmick then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So I haven't watched yet, but when are the next tapings? Just maybe they'll address any negative points about Becky's gimmick then

This weeks episode was the last episode in a set of tapings that covered all of June.

Next week's NXT is taken from the first episode of fresher batch of tapings that covers all of July.

Simon Gotch continues to impress but his and partner's transition to the main roster fill me with dread.

Bull Dempsey is not just indyriffic but early 90s Indyriffic. I could imagine him being a WWF Superstars jobber.

Gave my detailed thoughts on Becky in the Becky thread. However will say it was better on the second watch. Seems she was playing off Summer Rae's dancer gimmick rather than her nerves/indiscipline. I know pre-WWE experience doesn't matter to WWE in the main but Alex Riley calling her a rookie is still funny. As was outside sites calling her a 10 year veteran - it is closer to 3-4 years.

RVD really tried to have a good match with Nevill but the pure lad is bollixed. RVD to his credit wheeled out a new move - the kick to the chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bull Dempsey has the look WWE would of wanted during the Hogan Era ala King Kong Bundy, hence the last of a dying breed schtik but i was really expecting more ala Tazz or Joe (maybe it was his singlet) but i thought he would be throwing guys around and be a bit more agile.

Becky v Summer Rae was just filler not a great match but good introduction for her despite the cringeworthy dancing.

Was cool to see Enzo and I am glad WWE seem to be seeding the roots for proper tag teams, characters with similar/same gimmicks as oppose to just two lost single wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Enzo is fantastic.

Makes most of the remaining NXTers look very dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone have spoilers for the next few weeks shows ?

I assume a name like Vaudevillains implies they're meant as a heel team but doing a New Age Outlaws type entrance helps get then over

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Their entire match is face stuff too. There's no attempt to make them heels. Gotch is awesome!

Anyone have spoilers for the next few weeks shows ?

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/86255/ongoing-nxt-spoilers-from-full-sail.html?p=1

Show Number One

Match Number One: Colin Cassady with Enzo Amore defeated Sylvester Lefort with Marcus Louis.

Match Number Two: Charlotte and Sasha Banks defeated Bayley and Becky Lynch when Charlotte pinned Lynch with Bow Down to the Queen.

Match Number Three: CJ Parker defeated an unnamed opponent. After the match Parker said that he was coming after Xavier Woods.

Match Number Four: Sami Zayn defeated Justin Gabriel with Tyson Kidd with the Koji Clutch.

After the match, Kidd and Gabriel attacked Zayn. Adrian Neville came to the ring to make the save.

Show Two

Match Number One: Summer Rae defeated Bayley to become the Number One Contender for the NXT Women's Title

Match Number Two: Sin Cara defeated Wesley Blake with a Swanton.

CJ Parker comes out and he wants Xavier Woods to come out to apologize for what he said last week. Woods comes out and Woods does not believe him. Woods turns his back and Parker attacks him.

Match Number Three: Bull Dempsey defeated Angelo Dawkins with a power slam. After the match, Dempsey said that he was going to win the NXT title.

Match Number Four: Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel with Natalya defeated Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn when Kidd rolled up Zayn after Kidd knocked Natalya off the apron.

Show Number Three

Match Number One: The Vaudevillians defeated Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady when The Legionnaires' music played and Gotch rolled up Cassady.

Match Number Two: CJ Parker defeated Xavier Woods with a rollup

Match Number Three: Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss with a Cobra Stretch.

Match Number Four: Adam Rose defeated Jason Jordon with the Party Foul.

Match Number Five: Sami Zayn defeated Tyson Kidd with the Koji Clutch.

Show Number Four

Match Number One: The Ascension defeated Jonny Vandal and Aaron Solow in a non titleatch when Solow got pinned after The Fall of Man.

Match Number Two: Tyler Breeze beat Mojo Rawley with the Beauty Shot. That was the only move of the match by Breeze.

Match Number Three: Charlotte defeated Summer Rae to retain the NXT Women's Title with Bow Down to the Queen.

Match Number Four: Kalisto and Sin Cara defeated The Vaudevillians when Kalisto pinned Gotch after a standing Shiranui.

Match Number Five: Adrian Neville defeated Rusev with Lana when Tyler Breeze interfered. After the match, Rusev put Neville in the Accolade.

Rusev then kicked Breeze and put him in the Accolade.

Neville recovered and hit the Red Arrow on breeze.

After the tapings ended, Batista came out and played with the crowd about the chants. Then he said that he isn't much for talking but he is here to thank the fans for their support of NXT.

Bo Dallas came out to talk to Dave and they shook hands to chants of BOTISTA. Batista gave Bo a powerbomb.

The Renee and Tyson Kidd sitdown was excellent. One of the best pieces of long time ongoing storytelling on WWE in forever. Made Justin Gabriel relevant for the first time in forever.

Enzo's charisma is really overpowering. His future on the main roster remains an open question though sadly.

Charlotte and Sasha Banks are amazingly bad actors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

As someone who's an infrequent watcher, who would be top of the list for a possible promotion?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    As someone who's an infrequent watcher, who would be top of the list for a possible promotion?

Singles: Sami Zayn and maybe Adrian Neville. Neville is very flawed. I know people who want him released as his stint in NXT hasn't set the World on fire.

Tag Team: The Ascension

Divas: 1. Charlotte 2. Sasha Banks

Bare in mind Triple H said everyone on NXT TV is main roster ready. So anyone would could randomly debut.

There's a lot of concern where the next Main Eventer is coming from. Consider WWE's former developmental promotion OVW had a Class of 2002 which produced John Cena, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar - like Manchester United's "Class of '92".

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Charlotte is not ready for TV. She's improved since her debut last year but she needs much more seasoning before she can even think of cutting it on the main roster. Adrian Neville I'm not sure about either. His accent holds him back in promos a lot. Comparing him and Sami Zayn, they're two very similar wrestlers. Except Sami is great at selling with his facials, cuts good promos and comes across as a likeable guy. Neville just seems very bland and comes across as aloof

The rest of the Divas all need to stay on NXT. Paige and Emma weren't ready to be called up either. Emma got a repetitive and silly angle with Santino that led to nothing. Paige meanwhile got no effort put into her title reign and has lost all the fan support she had when she debuted. Bayley and Sasha will be stars but they need to stay on NXT for the time being

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't get Sami Zayn right now. Sure great wrestler but I don't find him that likable now the novelty of who he was before WWE has worn off. Just comes across as another face that is just a face rather than someone I want to shout for. Maybe thats just me.

I have enjoyed the development of Tyler Breeze though, gone from just taking selfies to being an interesting character and should be much more than an Adam Rose or Fandango type that I initially thought he would be.

Outside Enzo who is by far the most entertaining guy many of the males in nxt now look like potential Xavier Woods to me, guys who if called up would be quickly forgotten.

Its interesting to see Cena, Batista, Brock, Orton mentioned, I think they already had that class/run of talent with Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, Cesaro, Big E that they won't match for a while (I know many of them were not really products of developmental system like Cena and co)

• Advertisement

Had to laugh at this week's NXT that
    Bayley got a Joe type chant from the crowd of "Bayley's gonna hug you!"

Adds another layer onto it with her finisher being a belly-to-belly suplex. The girl has taken the hug and weaponised it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Really enjoying Tyson Kidd in recent weeks.

It's good to see him getting a chance somewhere, rather then being ignored on the main roster.

357ha2s.png

Poor Tyler. As if the career threatening finger injury wasn't enough.

Seeing Alexa Bliss this week made me realise Stardust stole her entrance.
    And if she ever teams up with Bayley the WWE universe will implode from adorableness.

They are taping another month of TV tonight.

So say a prayer tonight before bed for Becky "Life Enthusiast" Lynch.

I believe that's the first time I've heard Alexa use her normal voice. I think I preferred the southern accent

Maybe she risked puling a Kofi... I mean doing a Kofi... Ah I give up, though I'm sure he wishes it were true.

Was repping debuts for Solomon Crowe and Veronica Lane. But Lane is injured and Los Angeles. So I am all in with Crow tonight.

• Advertisement

Deathly dull episode this week. Last show of the tapings taped in June. Dead crowd, no pre-tapes or interviews and crummy matches. A non-Regal week on commentary too.

This was a total finish up and go home early episode. Skip and play in the sun instead.

Next week is Becky Lynch's total character reboot against Charlotte. So you can exbext me so ****e on about that for the next week or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement