Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Becky Lynch? I think I may have seen you mention her once or twice before. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What's her new character?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They've dropped a lot of the "Oirish" stuff apparently; no dancing, long green genie pants are gone and I think more "rock-y" music as well....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

She's British now.
    What Lord TSC said

British? Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

British? Christ

Rovert was taking the piss!

Thank feck for that, nothing surprises me these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Well the Women's Champion bombed royally. People saying Charlotte is ready for a call-up - she's far too green and this is what she looks like when she doesn't have Natalya to take care of her in the ring. She's not on a level where she can work with everyone. She's improved sure but she'd need at least a full other year in developmental

2itismb.jpg

:D

Dean Ambrose on NXT vs the FCW he arrived at:

*Prepare for the burial of a forgotten name which I DIED at*
    When it comes to KENTA, I saw him in Japan and talked to him a little bit. Him coming in just shows you the difference in the Performance Center. When I came in it was a totally different story than what it is today. I slipped in the back door of developmental, the only guy I was even vaguely familiar with was Seth [Rollins], and I never wrestled him before. I may have crossed paths and maybe said hello to him once or twice over the years, but we were in different circles. We were always kind of on parallel paths on the indies, so I never really crossed paths with him much. But he was the only guy I had even remotely heard of, it was just a bunch of other guys. For instance, to give you perspective, the top guy in developmental when I got there was Lucky Cannon. If you don’t know [him], just Google it. That will show you the difference in the talent that is in developmental now.

http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=51494

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lucky Cannon

Is he the one Kofi kicks during his don't try this bit?

The next NXT special is apparently going to be on Thursday 11th September.

Glad they ARE doing one Special per quarter like planned was really afraid it would be a budget cut.

Has a lot to live up to as the first two Specials were mind blowing. You could fantasy book all day with your KENTAs and Devitts possibly debutting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    The next NXT special is apparently going to be on Thursday 11th September.

Glad they ARE doing one Special per quarter like planned was really afraid it would be a budget cut.

Has a lot to live up to as the first two Specials were mind blowing. You could fantasy book all day with your KENTAs and Devitts possibly debutting.

Have WWE officially said they've signed Steen yet? If not, will he get the same type of announcement?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Have WWE officially said they've signed Steen yet? If not, will he get the same type of announcement?

I don't see how Steen is as relevant or as important has either Kenta or Devitt. Kenta is important for the Japanese market and Devitt is important for Japan and UK & Ireland - likely everywhere else :p. Maybe there's been a change in company philosophy since but Steen's best mate Sami Zayn got no real formal announcement.

No idea if Steen technically has put pen to paper but he IS moving his family (wife and two children) to Florida I know that 100%. It is pretty academic.

Just minor bits & bobs:

Kenta seems to be fitting in fine. He is a man around town. The type who locals see several times a day.

Devitt seems to be a bigger deal than forecasted. He will be mobbed by NXT fans tonight at Full Sail something that doesn't really happen too much. He has always appealed to women but everyone in Florida fans, Divas and general public all are really swooning apparently.

Becky's re-debut has already aired in various parts of the World and her being "hard rock" now keeps popping up. Jaysus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Presuming Devitt can speak Japanese (at least to a level he can work matches with Japanese wrestlers).

Wonder will they link him up with Kenta, be it friend or foe, cause Kenta's English didn't look brilliant based on the Funaki-usage....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Presuming Devitt can speak Japanese (at least to a level he can work matches with Japanese wrestlers).

Wonder will they link him up with Kenta, be it friend or foe, cause Kenta's English didn't look brilliant based on the Funaki-usage....

Kenta knows good English for what he needs to do in the ring. He has worked with a lot of US wrestlers in his career in Japan. In the late 00s he was used so much he was essentially an ROH regular.

Devitt never learnt a stitch of Japanese. Not really scholastic although VERY smart in other aspects he never stuck with studying a language book. Not knowing Japanese meant he was apolitical in the locker room and just let his talent speak for him.

The impression I got 2 years ago was that Neville and Devitt were set to be a tag team in NXT. But however Devitt stayed on with New Japan. So there's precedent for the idea of Devitt being in a tag team. But think Devitt is beyond that now and personally I don't think Devitt & Kenta would be a good pairing in and outside the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can Devitt speak Japanese .....Well he was at NJPW the last few years so i'm sure hes picked up a bit :P

Can Devitt speak Japanese .....Well he was at NJPW the last few years so i'm sure hes picked up a bit :P

He didn't need to Tiger Hattori was his translator.

I don't think I've ever seen Devitt speak a full sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Devitt should feud with guys he's never worked with before imo.

I'd keep him away from Neville or KENTA.

Devitt v Steen, Devitt v Generico are pretty damn mouth watering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

pretty sure i have read in interviews that devitt can speak the language and that it was self taught and picked up just by listening to others etc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Devitt should feud with guys he's never worked with before imo.

I'd keep him away from Neville or KENTA.

Devitt v Steen, Devitt v Generico are pretty damn mouth watering.

Though at the same time, having him wrestle guys he knows would be a good showcase for both guys since they'd be familiar with each other's styles and be able to pull off better matches in front of people who don't know them.

Look at Zayn and Cesaro whose great matches in NXT were probably helped by their history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

The new NXT'ers

Bt5eB89CYAIwful.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Excellent dress sense.

WWE does a really strong job of editing out chants for NXT - like CM Punk chants when he left. But I could see the crowd get grumpy/demanding if neither Kenta or Devitt wrestle tonight that it could derail the tapings.

Ex-NXT Creative team member & jobs body Rob Naylor suggested this to a current NXT writer:
    2re1qh2.jpg

Rob was a Internet personality/podcast/message board poster and just a cool, deserving dude who was hired by NXT - most likely as a favour to Rob's friend CM Punk. NXT asked Rob to draft a list of hires from the Indies when he first got there. I believe he suggested 24 names. The four lads above were on the list. As was the likes of Cesaro, Hero, Zayn, Steen, Callihan, Del Sol etc.

Speaking of, any sign of Callihan debuting on tv?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of, any sign of Callihan debuting on tv?

Callihan/Solomon Crowe has an Undertaker like Streak of working NXT pre-TV taping/Dark matches.

As of tonight the the Streak is unbroken.

News thread and the NXT tapings have been very news worthy.

NXT Takeover (yes again) is September 11th

William Regal is the new NXT General Manager
    Main event: Fatal 4 way for the NXT title: Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze vs Tyson Kidd
    Women's title match: Charlotte vs Bayley
    Tag team title match: Ascension vs Sin Cara and Kalisto
    Hair vs Hair match: Enzo Amore vs Sylvester Lefort

Maybe spoiler those?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe spoiler those?

News thread/Spoilers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement