Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aye but it isn't the NXT thread so it probably warrants spoiler tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I dont watch NXT but I'd be pretty annoyed at blatant spoilers outside the NXT thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Aye but it isn't the NXT thread so it probably warrants spoiler tags

None of matches are won via #1 number contendership matches.

Also it is a news/spoilers thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    None of matches are won via #1 number contendership matches.

Also it is a news/spoilers thread.

It's actually a POSSIBLE spoiler thread. That doesn't mean we should be posting the Smackdown spoilers here every week. A lot of people like to watch unspoilered. You're not even giving an option with that post. Just "this happens and this and this."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Moved to the NXT Thread The news thread says possible spoilers but sure, we should err on the side of caution/post in the NXT thread to avoid spoiling others. Cheers!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Moved to the NXT Thread The news thread says possible spoilers but sure, we should err on the side of caution/post in the NXT thread to avoid spoiling others. Cheers!

I put spoiler tags before you moved them here in fairness and NXT's next Special is in fact news. One of the bigger WWE shows of the year.

If only people on here talked about episodes of NXT compared to those who complained about mild spoilers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've watched a few eps but just don't have the time to watch NXT. Last one I saw was the Zayn/Cesaro show. Didn't think it was worth keeping up with at all tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be honest, I do talk about NXT here, as it airs.

I know it's not the same, but imagine if you saw in the news thread or even the Wrestlemania thread the result of the Taker/Brock match before it was shown.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off topic. Back on topic, who was the guy interviewing Bayley this week? Looked so serious.

WWE are actually airing the infamous Eva Marie match this week. Live reports had her left so upset by the crowd's chants she was crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

WWE are actually airing the infamous Eva Marie match this week. Live reports had her left so upset by the crowd's chants she was crying.
    Were they expecting that reaction putting her out there? It sounds mean if they did, but it also sounds like "breaking you in the hard way" mentality.

• Advertisement

Were they expecting that reaction putting her out there? It sounds mean if they did, but it also sounds like "breaking you in the hard way" mentality.

Or the company is so irresponsible putting her out there when she can't wrestle and they know it and they haven't bothered to teach her.

I had the impression that having Eva and Bayley wrestle each other in Full Sail was a really bad idea. As they are at different ends of of the scale in terms of "dues" paying. Eva was put on the main roster immediately. While Bayley is still down there while her "class mates" Summer Rae, Emma, Paige etc are on the main roster. A situation made worse when Eva had a stinker of a match with Bayley.

Whoever edits NXT does an excellent job compared to whomever does Smackdown. Organic sounding sound editing and relatively flawless editing of match footage. There was one episode live that was supposedly ruined by CM Punk chants however they were barely audible on Television airing for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Or the company is so irresponsible putting her out there when she can't wrestle and they know it and they haven't bothered to teach her.

I had the impression that having Eva and Bayley wrestle each other in Full Sail was a really bad idea. As they are at different ends of of the scale in terms of "dues" paying. Eva was put on the main roster immediately. While Bayley is still down there while her "class mates" Summer Rae, Emma, Paige etc are on the main roster. A situation made worse when Eva had a stinker of a match with Bayley.

Whoever edits NXT does an excellent job compared to whomever does Smackdown. Organic sounding sound editing and relatively flawless editing of match footage. There was one episode live that was supposedly ruined by CM Punk chants however they were barely audible on Television airing for example.

Oh it was clearly a mistake sending here out there, I just assumed it was so obvious a mistake that someone must have hated her and done it on purpose. Whoever thought it was a good idea needs a talking to.

The Total Divas cameras were filming at the fan meet and greet before the show. So there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Maybe she'll surprise us all and wrestle a nice 2-star match. I mean she can't be any worse than Raquel Diaz during her reign of terror

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Eva Marie and her skills wouldn't look out of place in a triple threat against Sharmell and Jenna Morasca

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

montyrebel wrote: »
    pretty sure i have read in interviews that devitt can speak the language and that it was self taught and picked up just by listening to others etc

I listened to his interview with Colt Cabana a while ago, pretty sure he said that he never learnt how to speak Japanese.

Wasn't going to bring it back up again but I saw this Tweet last night from a couple of months ago:
    taka_zpsb83a7339.png

Taka Michinoku and Devitt always heel on each other on Twitter. Taka is a lunatic. :D

Bakagaijin means stupid foreigner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Out of curiosity, what did you guys think of NXT when it was a competition from season 1-5?

I did like NXT from season 1-3, season 4 was terrible and season 5 was quite good before they moved to Full Sail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

When can we realistically expect to see Devitt in a (televised) match in NXT guys?

mxph3 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what did you guys think of NXT when it was a competition from season 1-5?

I did like NXT from season 1-3, season 4 was terrible and season 5 was quite good before they moved to Full Sail.

Once the novelty wore off, it quickly emerged as a really bad way of promoting new talent. It was very difficult for anyone to get over when the focus was on silly challenges. It was only once the competition nature of it was dropped that you saw entertaining storylines like the Maxine love quadrangle.

• Advertisement

Remember how LayCool were Low Ki's pros? Even less believeable than The Miz being Bryan's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I'm pretty sure WWE wanted to end NXT after season 3 when Smackdown moved to SyFy but they still had contract obligations to still show it internationally (but i could be wrong though).

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Remember how LayCool were Low Ki's pros? Even less believeable than The Miz being Bryan's

LayCool were better WWE-style performers than Low Ki, though.They needed something to fill up that charisma-less void that Low Ki generates, and Laycool were pretty entertaining at the time. I can see why they did it, but it didn't really work out.

One of the biggest names in Japanese Women's Wrestling Hiroyo Matsumoto (28) getting a WWE tryout in Australia is a shocker:
    Hiroyo-660x330.png

The Japanese Women's scene died off around 1999 and since then has kept getting smaller and smaller. A situation aided by whenever a Wrestler would leave a promotion they would start their own promotion. The modern Japanese Women's scene and WWE seemed to operate in separate Universes as Japanese Women's Wrestling was so low profile and the Wrestlers in it didn't fit the standard Diva profile.

She is the girl in orange here:

Had to laugh at the chants after the Bayley/Eva Marie match.

Also very awkward silence at the end of the Zayn interview

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

When did Justin Gabriel become a heel? Granted it's probably an improvement since he was rather bland in the ring as a high flyer

Eva didn't actually do too bad. One or two botched spots but she carried herself much better than she has in the past

Gabriel turned when he fought Zayn. The match was just face v face but afterward Tyson attacked Zayn and convinced Gabriel to join in

I am a big auld softie so I think everyone should be signed BUT I really do think WWE should have signed Jessie McKay from Australia several years ago.

SHIMMER on commentary used to call her the third Bella Twin and would talk how it was a matter of time before WWE would come calling. Anyway she attended the WWE tryout in Australia.

Is it bad that I knew that was B*Witched from the very beginning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

ah Jessie really should have been signed years ago. She's an indie girl that obv has the "WWE look" but I'm surprised TNA never signed her either. Though they did pick up Santana Garrett who seems to be her american kindred spirit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement