Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Kevin Steen is seemingly counting down to NXT:

ZOPovDJ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Which NXT episodes from the past month standout or is it all watchable to good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched last weeks nxt episode and poor bayley. Who did she piss off to have to wrestle the Mat technician known as Eva Marie.

Which NXT episodes from the past month standout or is it all watchable to good?

It has been a bit crummy. Watch anything with Tyson Kidd involved and the Becky-Charlotte match. Possibly missing something but nothing big or MOTYC or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watched last weeks nxt episode and poor bayley. Who did she piss off to have to wrestle the Mat technician known as Eva Marie.

Maybe they thought Bayley was the only one who could come close to carrying Eva Marie. She even got a "Thank you, Bayley" chant for her effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

that was an awful awful match!

Eva Marie is gorgeous - but mother of jaysus she can not work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

When can we realistically expect to see Devitt in a (televised) match in NXT guys?

Anyone? :o

Anyone? :o

It depends is the answer. Him and Kenta are pretty unique cases. Devitt could be a part of a big media push in the UK and Ireland when WWE Network launches over here October 1st and be put on shows airing that month. Or they could just debut whenever WWE thinks they are ready. There's lots of talent in limbo in NXT or waiting to debut.

One of my happiest days as a Wrestling fan here
    Bu1ifbGIQAAhU9c.jpg

SignedSteenSigned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    One of my happiest days as a Wrestling fan here
    Bu1ifbGIQAAhU9c.jpg

SignedSteenSigned

How good is he?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How good is he?

Great.

A recap of his most famous feud with El Generico/Sami Zayn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I usually don't mind non bodybuilders and I don't mind Steen, but I do worry about about Steen in WWE....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bray Wyatt is doing ok. But then again he had family connections.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Omackeral wrote: »
    Bray Wyatt is doing ok. But then again he had family connections.

Yeah, good point. Though he works because there isn't other body types like him....

Fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Al though it is great wwe are signing a utilising the best Indy talent in the world I can't help but feel for Samoa Joe....the man was a beast and it is just sad that we will more then likely never see him in wwe , even if he does some how eventually get there he is no longer the same animal he was when he originally signed with TNA

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Devitt signed...

Steen signed...

Now the best talent on the indy's? Adam Cole.

He'll be signed too once his ROH contract is up. Be another year and a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Devitt signed...

Steen signed...

Now the best talent on the indy's? Adam Cole.

He'll be signed too once his ROH contract is up. Be another year and a bit.

Didn't they already try sign him?

I scooped the WWE by two hours:
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/499190708235149312

Moneymaker wrote: »

He's done tryout camps but he's under contract to ROH so can't move yet. Think the same goes for Roderick Strong, apparently they were pushing for him too.

Adam Cole just turned 25 last month.

Steen's 30, Devitt & KENTA both 33. So Cole has time on his side. He'll get to WWE sooner before later.

With WWE/NXT acknowledging they sent Regal down to PWG and using Devitt & Steen's real names. I guess finally the indy's mean something.

Now but differences aside and sign The Young Bucks!

"I guess finally the indy's mean something. "

Is almost as bad people who freak out when they say Wrestling on WWE programming. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Moneymaker wrote: »

When they thought he was Xavier Woods...

rovert wrote: »
    "I guess finally the indy's mean something. "

Is almost as bad people who freak out when they say Wrestling on WWE programming. lol

Not at all, my point is that WWE have for a long time ignored or looked down upon indy promotions. WWE is the top and the biggest and always will be but there are great promotions out there and it's refreshing to see WWE acknowledge this in some way.

It makes the business itself better, now these promotions can say we used to have Fergal Devitt wrestle here, or Kevin Steen, straight out and it means something. That promotion gets a rub, more wrestlers check them out, their talent gets better and then more guys get to the WWE with talent already in their back pocket.

Go back 15 years, people knew who Chris Jericho was before WWE (yes, he had national TV and that is different I know) and WWE acknowledged who he was and that fans knew him and Jericho is now a world famous wrestler and 'one of the best' of this generation. Acknowledging outside wrestlers and promotions can only be a good thing. They're no threat to WWE so it always seemed nonsensical when WWE pretended they were the only wrestling company on the planet.

No interest in going back 15 years it is not relevant anymore. WWE has acknowledged the Indies for a long time now. If anything "you" need to adjust/catch up not WWE/NXT. Triple H's administration/the Performance Center opening is a new era/a year zero for talent relations.

Also while I am on the topic Indy talents aren't going to be "buried" or ruined either at least on Triple H's side of the company. Some still run with that narrative.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rovert needs his own dirtsheet.....

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Rovert needs his own dirtsheet.....

Good as my last post makes me sound like I am employed by WWE. :P

Gas:

Bu2Okb-IcAA2G_x.png

Kevin's friend Curt Hawkins showed some PWG and Steen's matches to Rock when Hawkins was the Rock's training partner for Rock's first two matches back. Rock and Steen have traded Tweets back and forth over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Kevin told a story on cabanas podcast awhile ago where Rock told someone "Hey, I really like this Killsteen guy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't that just the Devitt pic photoshopped to put in Steen? :)

On another note, who would be the youngest guy in NXT (preferably on tv)? Just when I see ages of guys mentioned above yet then you have the women who seem to be much younger

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't that just the Devitt pic photoshopped to put in Steen? :)

On another note, who would be the youngest guy in NXT (preferably on tv)? Just when I see ages of guys mentioned above yet then you have the women who seem to be much younger

On TV as it is easier. Jason Jordan at 25. Bo Dallas was the perennial answer for years and years but he was called up to the main roster still just 24. Bray Wyatt is 27 before you ask.

The entire NXT roster would probably take a while to research.

Obviously the NXT Women are all very young for the most part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement