Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

10408735_735137866521891_7086068134563548246_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who's second from the left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who's second from the left?

Chas Betts - his NXT name his Chad Gable. 2012 Olympic team member who placed 9th at the Olympics in Greco-Roman wrestling. He had the best NXT tryout ever reportedly. He is very impressive. How he holds himself and cuts promos is like "It's True, It's True" era Kurt Angle. One of the most charismatic NXT signings so far. The kicker he is about 200 lbs and 5ft 8in.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Isn't it just great that so many indie names are such stars these days? Like a couple of yars ago, who would have dreamed that Fergal Devitt, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Rebecca Knox and so many others would be on their way to becoming stars in this company

also Alexa Bliss is just the cutest little thing. they seem to want her to be the Kelly Kelly bubbly blonde underdog type. she's got lots of personality and she's ever improving in the ring

Isn't it just great that so many indie names are such stars these days? Like a couple of yars ago, who would have dreamed that Fergal Devitt, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Rebecca Knox and so many others would be on their way to becoming stars in this company

I was the guy online swimming against the tide and telling people than WWE/NXT has changed a huge deal to people who wanted still believe we are in the same era we were in with Johnny Ace's reign of talent relations.

But I will say things haven't changed in their hiring policy when it comes to Indie female Wrestlers. The last woman they signed was Rebecca (March 2013) who realistically hadn't wrestled to any real degree in six years. She's not one of those LA model types they hired but I am confident that even if she was never a wrestler she is pretty enough, the fitness freak WWE likes and has an Acting degree. WWE has tried out dozens and dozens of Indie females but they haven't issued any contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

rovert wrote: »
    But I will say things haven't changed in their hiring policy when it comes to Indie female Wrestlers. The last woman they signed was Rebecca (March 2013) who realistically hadn't wrestled to any real degree in six years. She's not one of those LA model types they hired but I am confident that even if she was never a wrestler she is pretty enough, the fitness freak WWE likes and has an Acting degree. WWE has tried out dozens and dozens of Indie females but they haven't issued any contracts.

There's a few notable exceptions to that in recent times such as Paige, Emma, Bayley and to an extent Charlotte (obviously being Flair's daughter was a factor in getting her in the door). None of them are ex swimwear models and all them (as far as I know) got into the business with the goal of being a wrestler rather than being lured in from something else by the potential money and fame.

There's a few notable exceptions to that in recent times such as Paige, Emma, Bayley and to an extent Charlotte (obviously being Flair's daughter was a factor in getting her in the door). None of them are ex swimwear models and all them (as far as I know) got into the business with the goal of being a wrestler rather than being lured in from something else by the potential money and fame.

Paige, Emma, Bayley (and Sasha Banks) were signed back in the FCW days.

There are mitigating factors they are over stocked with women on the NXT and WWE roster. There's a lot of women on the main roster who are over beating the standard life span of Divas by dating within the company or being in Total Divas. Also Tough Enough was delayed on the WWE Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I see Charlotte gets a free pass simply because she has a famous father. They seem to have moved away from signing swimsuit models or catalogue girls - at least the women they're signing come from fitness backgrounds - body builders, gymnasts, dancers etc. Women like Summer Rae and Naomi had no experience before they were signed but they adapted to wrestling pretty quickly. And they don't seem to put women on TV until they're ready - besides Eva Marie but she seems to be the odd one out

Is it nuts that after Layla, Rosa Mendes I believe is the most senior Diva in the company now? Or has Natalya been there longer?

NXT is on the WWE Network in an hour at a Euro friendly time of 9pm. Becky Lynch is prime time - she is Wrestling this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

well she did some chain wrestling this week. you must be doing backflips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

What is the point of having a GM on NXT? i think JBL who was previous GM of NXT only appeared in less than 5 episodes.

mxph3 wrote: »
    What is the point of having a GM on NXT? i think JBL who was previous GM of NXT only appeared in less than 5 episodes.

As the next GM is
    down at NXT full time William Regal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Some good stuff from Becky in this match and..it has to be said..she is very hot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Is this the same nxt that's on sky sports or is it behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

will it be on every week now at 9pm UK time?

will it be on every week now at 9pm UK time?

As far as anyone is aware.

They've gone back on Solomon Crowe again:

BvnUNsEIIAAvYc1.jpg

Hacker gimmick gone (again)
    Leather vest gone - I guess due to Seth Rollins
    Now yells "Pro Wrestling" in matches and talks about Pro Wrestling in his promos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wonder why they got rid of Becky Lynch's Irish stereotype gimmick? I have to admit that I do laugh whenever I re-watch her debut match on NXT.

10410159_735960099773001_5200076284419606211_n.jpg?oh=b5db55526f3dbe35f283fe727564c414&oe=54708A3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

10410159_735960099773001_5200076284419606211_n.jpg?oh=b5db55526f3dbe35f283fe727564c414&oe=54708A3D
    That backstage at nxt? When are they due too make their tv debuts?

• Advertisement

They are just messing around. Devitt is wearing old tights and Steen hasn't started at the Performance Centre officially yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

He is in crazy shape.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

D.Q wrote: »
    He is in crazy shape.

You mean we don't all look like that :confused:

Aw

31N515P.jpg

qnpWuW7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Ah fcuk you rovert :P

You should see the retweets and favorites I got after that post when Steen retweeted it himself.

Steen like Foley before him fell on his feet looks wise finding a pre-fame wife. Kevin openly admitted he would post this picture periodically to troll for comments:

BOgzrLRCQAAQux6.jpg

People would then accuse her of being his sister etc.

Steen has lost a lot of weight:
    Pc3poDh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He has a very punchable smug face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Omackeral wrote: »
    He has a very punchable smug face.

I think both of them do...

what???

• Advertisement

Holy crap the guy beside Steen is a year younger than him :eek: Drake Younger.

He looks in his early 50's to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement