Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

If Steen keeps up the weight loss he's going to be an absolute beast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Holy crap the guy beside Steen is a year younger than him :eek: Drake Younger.

He looks in his early 50's to me.

Maffew of Botchamania referred to him as a young Sid James:

8656-3004.gif

Drake is pretty open with his issues with drugs. Most of the CZW roster is/was on amphetamines (speed) and much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

In the recent episode Charlotte was cutting a promo on Bailey and the crowd were taunting the hell out of her chanting "Bailey's gonna hug you!". Charlotte let it get to her as she seemed a bit frustrated by the crowd interrupting her.

Main event of Zayn/Neville vs Breeze/Kidd was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

-"Let's go jobber!" was fantastic. Strange they didn't even try and introduced them, but Cult of Full Sail made up for it.

-I like Charlotte's almost raging, soccer mom-ish slant to her character. Dunno if that's the direction they wanna go in, but the contempt she displayed was pretty compelling. Bayley's 'I don't wanna hug you' and the crowd's selling of it was class. I really enjoyed the fire shown by Bayley.

-Bull Dempsey immediately strikes me as Bully Ray's non-union (or union, I guess, considering this is pro-wrestling) equivalent, and being frank, I don't mind. I'd rather Bully Ray by 1,000,000 miles, but it's not a bad comparison to be drawing. Dunno about the gear, the moveset or the shoehorning of 'Bull, Bull, Bull' into both his promo and his theme, but I'm interested in something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah Bayley seems to have a great fanbase on NXT. With the "Bayley's gonna hug you" chants and then the "Ooooh" when Bayley says she didn't want to hug Charlotte, as if that's an insult coming from Bayley. Would like her to do well for herself but we know there's a good chance she'd be wasted on the main roster.

Is that Jojo announcing now?

• Advertisement

BwNWhyGCcAA63mI.jpg

*Enjoyed*

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

"Lets go jobbers" during the tag match with the Ascension,couldnt stop laughing at the crowd unreal down there lol

A load of interviews conducted at NXT:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/jvarsallone/videos

I can post this now without getting yelled at:
    * NXT Championship Match: Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Tyson Kidd
    * NXT Women's Championship Match: Charlotte vs. Bayley
    * Hair vs. Hair Match: Enzo Amore vs. Sylvester LeFort
    * NXT Tag Team Championship Match: The Ascension vs. Tournament Winners
    * Bull Dempsey vs. Mojo Rawley

Don't know if I should spoiler my predictions as they kind of an informed nature on the same time I don't want to come across as up my own hole. I will spoiler them just in case. The title matches have "Loser Gets Called Up To Main Roster" implications seemingly. So there's more intrigue than normal about NXT Takeover for me.

My predictions going into Takeover:
    Obviously LeFort is losing his hair at NXT Takeover just look at his hairline.

Ascension will drop the belts and debut on the Raw after Night of Champions.

Sasha will cost Charlotte the title and they will have a Loser Leaves at the next set of tapings sending Sasha to the main roster.

Tyler Breeze will steal the pin from Zayn and break his heart which sets up a title feud between those two and Neville will get called up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Neville being called up so? Disaster.

Doesn't even resemble a WWE Superstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Neville being called up so? Disaster.

Doesn't even resemble a WWE Superstar.

Yeah, shredded as fcuk, kid friendly, amazing move-set the exact opposite of a "superstar"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I've always wondered what all the hate for Neville is about, I've always found him impressive.

Maybe he needs a veteran in with him to help his matches flow better or something but I've never really noticed his matches being any less cohesive than the usual fare and his athletic performance is second to none.

Willie Mack cut a very heartfelt promo at the last night of PWG BOLA confirming him going to NXT. He had all the Wrestlers and fans crying talking about his mother dying when he was 14 and her never seeing him Wrestle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I predict
    neville
    will definitely be called up.

Evene the latest batch of WWE Mobile wallpapers we get he was one of them, which is odd as we have never gotten any NXT guys before - i think it's as good as decided!

A money promo by Enzo Amore:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=713266672056233
    FEATURING CARMELLA!!!

Veronica Lane posted this on her Twitter:

Bk9Tf5A.jpg

https://twitter.com/VeronicaLaneWWE/status/506955893410639873/photo/1

Very, very sad to hear about this one. Legitimately thought she had tremendous potential. A Maxine type dropped ball.

veronicalane_bio_20140509.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

How would people feel if Kenta Steen and Devitt made up a shield like stable in NXT.... Indy guys taking over tellin everyone how much better they are then everyone in NXT and doing as they pleased? Nwo style take over with dx's immature attitude.

I don't think you could do that for a long time, really. Sure The Shield are still fresh. It'll be a long time before any of them get called up I imagine. 2015 and any of them will be doing well.

Invasion/takeover angles can join evil-GMs and automatic rematch clauses on the list of rasslin' stuff I could happily see shelved for a while.

The WWE writing team underwent a massive shakeup in the past week or so, as WrestleZone has learned NXT lead writer Steven Guerrieri has been named the new lead writer for Smackdown, and former Smackdown lead writer Ryan Ward has been re-assigned back to being the lead writer of NXT again.

Both writers still work every Raw and Smackdown taping, though, under show runner Dave Kapoor and Raw lead writer (and senior member of the WWE creative team) Ed Koskey.

Ryan Ward is Triple H's Wiz kid and the guy who was behind NXT when it was really good about 18 months ago.

• Advertisement

Agree with the evil GM concept, I like when jack Tunney or gorilla monsoon were people who just showed up to deliver some announcements.

However the faction thing is somethin I always loved. It would make sense that in a big group of wrestlers, obviously there would be cliques. It's prob just the attitude era that makes me yearn for factions and takeover angles.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Agree with the evil GM concept, I like when jack Tunney or gorilla monsoon were people who just showed up to deliver some announcements.

However the faction thing is somethin I always loved. It would make sense that in a big group of wrestlers, obviously there would be cliques. It's prob just the attitude era that makes me yearn for factions and takeover angles.

Ick. Watch TNA.

rovert wrote: »
    Ick. Watch TNA.

Ahhhh touché, but in fairness they can't do it right.

Main event mafia ok for awhile
    Fortune good idea, poorly executed
    Ev2 sucked
    Immortal really sucked
    That international group with young, doug Williams etc terrible
    Team Canada I liked due to Scott damore and bobby roode

But when wwe tend to get it right it's often great
    Wyatts, shield, evolution, dx, hart foundation, corporation, ministry, nod

The cabinet, la familia, legacy excluded

Ryan Ward is Triple H's Wiz kid and the guy who was behind NXT when it was really good about 18 months ago.

So Smackdown's going to start being good again and NXT is going to suffer? Though how will they do all the Raw rematches and show all the RAW Rewinds on NXT?

Is it perchance a temporary thing? Considering Smackdown!'s surely going to get a brief bout of attention with the move to Thursdays. Yanno, before slipping back into the relative obscurity of being the glorified RAW preamble.

Not sure if this has any storyline relevance it seemed like just an announcement.
    Ric Flair will introduce Kenta to the World at NXT Takeover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Not sure if this has any storyline relevance it seemed like just an announcement.
    Ric Flair will introduce Kenta to the World at NXT Takeover.

And you just know the crowd will start chanting for
    Devitt

And you just know the crowd will start chanting for
    Devitt

Wait until they start chanting
    CM Punk
    when he does the
    GTS

NXT the next year is going to be amazing!

• Advertisement

So with Neville probably moving up to the main roster soon, how do you think they should do it?

Surprised they didn't have the tag match as the third match this week to break up the title match contender matches and have Neville as the main event.

Now I think of it, did they really have 6 matches within the hour? Raw barely manages that in 3 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement