Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There was also a three way tag team elimination match, Adrian Neville & Bo Dallas vs. Primo & Epico vs. The Wyatt Family - Very good match, some decent action!

The Y2J vs. Wyatt match was class! Wyatt is such a star it is unreal....although did fandango steal his finisher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why was the IC title blurred in the Y2J video package at the beginning?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Looking at some recent shows, did Brad Maddox, Brad Maddox, take off Kennedy's entrance for his match with Big E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

2 weeks ago yeah and he copied vickie on a recent houseshow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any idea when El Generico's (Sami something) televised debut will be?

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »

thursday 2 weeks (23 may) if they air the tapings in order

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Quite a long match between Paige and Bayley on this week's episode. The reports said she's using AJ's old theme song so I'm happy we were spared her coming out to that. As far as Divas go, Summer Rae has been very impressive and I think she should be the first NXT Divas' Champion since Paige is likely getting called up as soon as she turns 21. Anyone know that Summer used to be a football player before she joined WWE? Sasha Banks is another one to watch. She's absolutely gorgeous and can go in the ring

Was thinking myself they should introduce a divas NXT title. And sure why couldn't Paige get it? Turns 21 in August which is still a bit away and Big E got his title after he was called up and he still has it. I doubt Sandow will take it from him next week.

The title is being introduced in two weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gerrybbadd wrote: »

This week

http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/wwe-nxt-5152013-results-and-review.html

Have to hold off watching until my exams are over so I haven't watched any but his first promo which I thought was very good. Crash Holly-ish only ish now but the closest thing I can think of.

• Advertisement

They did say he had performed internationally. He'll make his in ring debut against Curt Hawkins next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

FFS they changed Big E's theme on NXT too. :(

Just came in the door from finishing my exams. Going to get buckled and watch this:
    NXT 5/22/2013 had:
    Sami Zayn(debut) vs Curt Hawkins
    Antonio Cesaro vs Yoshi Tatsu
    Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro
    Enzo Amore(debut) vs Mason Ryan
    Bray Wyatt vs Corey Graves

I reviewed the show here: http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/wwe-nxt-5222013-results-and-review.html

Overall thoughts: This was an awesome NXT and certainly one of the best NXT's ever. This show really had it all with debuts, good matches, good interviews and awesome characters. NXT is really loaded right now and has everything you could want from a wrestling show and I can honestly say that I can't wait for next week's show. Zayn/Cesaro was very good, Emma was hilarious and I really liked the Mason Ryan squash. Great show.

Some shots from the show:
    f.gif
    5-23-2013+10-21-24+AM.jpg
    l.gif
    5-23-2013+10-43-01+AM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Hope the exams went well.

Perfect present to celebrate finishing with.

I hope Cena & Brock don't see Mason Ryan's new finisher

Is it strange that NXT seems to be better than Smackdown and Raw? Might just be due to not having to stretch out over 2 or 3 hours and having plenty of matches in the time.

Do you think this is a sign of WWE having faith in Zayn's ability with
    2 wins in a row
    like that? Or likely as soon as he's brought up he'll be squashed?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it strange that NXT seems to be better than Smackdown and Raw? Might just be due to not having to stretch out over 2 or 3 hours and having plenty of matches in the time.

You'll be be hockeyed out of it with pop ups for the privliage but Mike Johnson really drives that point home here:
    http://pwinsider.com/article/77748/wwe-nxt-what-worked-what-didnt-and-what-we-learned-from-this-weeks-episode.html?p=1

Simplicity, youth and a sense of progression is a nice thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

They put the belt on BO DALLAS. He beat Big E last night.

They had to take the title off E but Dallas is a complete charisma vacuum.

watching nxt especially the generico/cesaro match and build makes you wonder why that didn't happen on raw, perfect way to introduce a new guy to the fans

On Raw Vickie would probably come out and point out he had already wrestled and he could face the second opponent next week. Then during that match Henry/Show/Ryback would come out and squash both guys.

• Advertisement

While watching NXT and seeing Emma, I was wondeing if they would let her keep her character the same when she moved up and would she be as over with it? I mean who doesn't like to do the Emma? Better than Fandangoing.

Anyway, was going to ask, has there been anyone who has had a pretty decent character/gimmick in NXT and then be repackaged when they were moved to the main shows?
    I only started really watching after the Shield and Big E on the main shows. I know Big E doesn't do the 5 count now, but maybe when he turns face.

5-30-2013+4-03-36+PM.jpg

Thats not beer, its JRs BBQ sauce

Well so far we haven't seen that many call-ups from the new NXT, especially for gimmicked wrestlers. But Bray Wyatt seems to be keeping his character intact. Triple H's plan is supposedly working out long term plans for gimmicks and characters so perhaps when the guys and girls with gimmicks get called up they'll be allowed to keep them if they work

I know Audrey Marie had a cowgirl gimmick in FCW but when it was changed to NXT that was dropped and she just became generic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Wyatt Family are absolutely terrifying! Bray is so believable in that character , a billion times better than Husky Harris, he should thank Orton for punting him off Raw way back when.

Rowan and Harper look like something out of Deliverance, it's very interesting to think how far this could go.

Oh and their music is creepy as f*ck!!!

Hope they keep their music since they changed Big E's. I know they had it in the promo but that could just be for the promo. Everyone wants to hear about catching flies in his mouth.

Yeah i was listening to it on youtube. :)

Not a good show at all this week. Between Bo Dallas and Taminia I fantasied about being the Head of Talent Relations and what I would do:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Having watched the contract confrontation, I'm thinking they have to turn Bo heel now. I really want to see if he can surprise people in such a role. He has a face that people would love to hate.

Glad Big E said about him always smiling because it's all he seems to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't watch much NXT. Wish I did, but I keep forgetting to get into it.

That said, I've spent the afternoon watching Bray Wyatt matches and promos, and it's been quite a while since I was so excited for a call up. Really excited now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Big E is brilliant on the mic, and he was spot on about Bo. He's soooooo vanilla.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement