Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Decent enough NXT. Just simple and effective - if not dreadfully exciting build to Takeover.

My predictions remain unchanged:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91985494&postcount=850

I wouldn't expect Devitt at all on Takeover at all. On the NXT tapings taped the next night there's a good chance and possibly in a tag team with
    Sami Zayn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Will they allow Kenta to do the GTS?

About as much chance as they let him do the Brainbuster I guess :(

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Will they allow Kenta to do the GTS?

About as much chance as they let him do the Brainbuster I guess :(

High?

The first time someone from NXT on the record stated that there are ongoing NXT tryouts:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/h2dKA3N.jpg[/timg]

No names attending have been leaked or discovered yet.

2012 U.S. Olympic Wrestler Chad Gable made his debut on Thursday. He wore a blue singlet similar to Kurt Angle.

Bit of non-news but Meltzer this morning said Devitt was debutting "very soon."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

In ring promo with Kenta from a recent house show.

• Advertisement

The picture of Kenta on the Japanese WWE website is pretty cool:
    YPJ6tin.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    High?

You think so?

The brainbuster(while awesome and one of my favourite moves) has an element of danger to it.

And if he does the GTS, crowd will start chanting you know who and I doubt they will want to draw attention to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Maybe because he actually does the GTS well the fans will see it as a different move.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Maybe because he actually does the GTS well the fans will see it as a different move.

Sure give him the elbow drop too if we're going by that logic :pac:

If you are going to watch a Kenta match on Youtube before Thursday:

• Advertisement

WWE officials have clarified that Thursday's NXT Takeover II special will feature the introduction of KENTA, but he is not scheduled for a match on the show.

crying-baby.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who's expected to come out to interrupt?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who's expected to come out to interrupt?

I think (this isn't one of my scoopz by any means) is that Kenta will just say howya lads then say something special to those who watching live in Japan and drop the "9.99" catchphrase.

Then later in the night challenge the winner of the Four Way.

Pie in the sky scenario is that he is interrupted by Prince Devitt: "You aren't the only International Superstar in NXT."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Ric Flair is supposed to be introducing him. Am shuddering at the thought of how screwy it could go.

Kenta hits a move on Flair's jacket and Flair bleeds from it?

I'm hoping they don't flog the 9.99. Though NXT doesn't seem to do that. Probably because to hear them do it, you'd need to have paid 9.99 or be watching by other means which implies you wouldn't pay 9.99 anyway

Kenta hits a move on Flair's jacket and Flair bleeds from it?

I'm hoping they don't flog the 9.99. Though NXT doesn't seem to do that. Probably because to hear them do it, you'd need to have paid 9.99 or be watching by other means which implies you wouldn't pay 9.99 anyway

He did the 9.99 line this weekend on NXT live events. Edit I should explain NXT Takeover is airing live in Japan at 9am their time and the WWE Network launches there on October 1st.

Also worth noting the WWE playbook never has these type of segments end without interruption.

Also also I have totally forgotten CJ Parker. He could interrupt and get his ass kicked by Kenta.

I've said it before but bringing someone out and introducing them by just talking is rarely a good idea. So hope he does get to show off a bit.
    Though I suppose NXT is a crowd that would like to see him perform but would appreciate having him there.

Was just thinking it doesn't really make sense to do something like have Neville lose the title before moving to the main roster. I know the reasoning, but it's like "Your reward for losing your title is a slot on the main roster". And if trying to convince people to watch NXT more people will see. At least with Paige she was stripped of the title.

Was just thinking it doesn't really make sense to do something like have Neville lose the title before moving to the main roster. I know the reasoning, but it's like "Your reward for losing your title is a slot on the main roster". And if trying to convince people to watch NXT more people will see. At least with Paige she was stripped of the title.

That's a legitimate opinion but I will point out that the match is a Fatal Four Way so Neville doesn't have to pinned to lose the belt.

Sadly in 2014 and in WWE wins and losses don't really matter anyway either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think of it as WWE's version of when a wrestler leaves a smaller company, he drops the belt to move on to bigger and better things. Like Taz leaving ECW. Although I love the "congratulations for losing", ha!

Vince is very much of the opinion that 'When you leave, you show the proper respect', i.e you put someone over on the way out.

That I understand as well, but that's usually when leaving the company. But this is the guy they were just showcasing on Raw this week and then he comes up after NoC and doesn't have the title it'll just be strange.

I guess what made me think of it was watching that Ascension match against Los Matadores and thinking could they believably lose to Sin Cara and Kalisto after all this time?

WWE is pumping out NXT hype videos but this one is stellar:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Vince is very much of the opinion that 'When you leave, you show the proper respect', i.e you put someone over on the way out.

Bret screwed bret

The NXT preview show on the WWE Network
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v36120209

Via PWInsider

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair will not be appearing on tonight's WWE NXT Takeover: Fatal Four Way special on the WWE Network,"

Ric being Ric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

With KENTA being completely unknown to me I’m intrigued as to why the WWE are hyping him so much. He doesn’t speak English (if I’m heard right) and is fairly gimmick-less. Outside of exciting in-ring skills what else does he have to offer in the long run?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ShagNastii wrote: »
    With KENTA being completely unknown to me I’m intrigued as to why the WWE are hyping him so much. He doesn’t speak English (if I’m heard right) and is fairly gimmick-less. Outside of exciting in-ring skills what else does he have to offer in the long run?

Someone the Japanese markets can get behind....

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »

As I've said before WWE sees Japan as a major market for the WWE Network. There was after they signed him but WWE's last tour of Japan drew fairly embarrassingly.

You have to remember WWE isn't hyping him WWE is hyping him on the behalf of NXT - their developmental system. He was partially signed so others learn from working with him and his style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement