Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So can we start a seperate thread for NXT Takeover or will a mod merge it back with this thread?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    So can we start a seperate thread for NXT Takeover or will a mod merge it back with this thread?

Im happy for it to have its own Thread and in Doing so People can More Easily avoid Spoilers

A debut vignette for Baron Corbin
    ijMObWKYu1461.gif

6ft 8in 275lbs and an ex NFL player. Triple H is really high on him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The rabid wolv....errrr... Wolf

DEVITT, BECKY AND KENTA filmed in technology I don't understand:

BxRlL4jCEAAyqpx.jpg
    BxRlL5SCEAEBC1R.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of course Tyler Breeze would like having all those cameras

Itami's debut was really impressive. WWE hasn't clipped his wings:

IllustriousWelloffHoneybadger.gif

The most interesting thing about this show is that WWE booking has completely destroyed Emma in the eyes of Full Sail. Some feat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Weird show. Awful announcing. Titus O'Neill was there why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Jesus rovert and everyone.. Becky! shes the most attractive girl in wwe. Yes I know, but in my sort of drunkin state..one can dream.

Jesus rovert and everyone.. Becky! shes the most attractive girl in wwe. Yes I know, but in my sort of drunkin state..one can dream.

She's not a drinker and on a different continent. Good luck tho.

• Advertisement

Marcus Louis's hair has grown back already
    1vwA8WI.jpg

http://masonsringsideview.blogspot.ie/2014/09/nxt-wauchula-9-18-14.html

And for WinnyThePoo:
    Bx3-xmfIMAACl0N.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Marcus Louis's hair has grown back already
    1vwA8WI.jpg

2559-gold_medals-kurt_angle-microphone-pointing-smackdown-wig-wwe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Oh WWE are trying to make Titus O'Neil 'happen' again. I thought maybe he had a chance on NXT Redemption or when the Prime Time Players were going. But I'm over him these days.

Gotta love Carmella's debut. The girl has plenty of character and I saw a video of her wrestling - she seems to have caught on quite fast. They need more heels in the NXT division

WWE NXT Diva Kendall Sky, real name Kendra Smith, was released today. A former stunt woman with a martial arts background, she was signed in early 2013. She never debuted on NXT TV, but had worked house shows as a babyface. She was out of action earlier this year with a broken wrist.

kendallbio.png?508862
    WWE also released NXT talent Troy McLain, real name, Alexander Jones this morning.
    McClain had been using a motivational speaker-like personality, coming out wearing a mic to address the crowd for his entrances.

McClain had appeared on WWE NXT TV, but never in a pushed or prominent role. A former NCAA Division 1 athlete, he's from the Illinois area and was signed last year.

3.jpg

Calling Kendall injury prone is an understatement. Troy wrestled Corey Grave's last ever match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

KENTA's debut was okay, seemed to go at a snails pace at the beginning.

He botched the springboard dropkick. Bound to be some kinks and nerves nonetheless.

Lets hope its not another Sin Cara

Think he'll be safe enough. I just find it funny all this talk and photos of him with the other indie guys yet none of them came to help him. And neither did the Lucha Dragons. Even if they had Funaki come out since he got a mention.

With Neville teasing a heel turn, was just wondering out of the other 4 members of the NXT 5 (as the interview dubbed them) who else do you think could be heel. Of course all debut as faces.
    I think Sami Zayn is pretty good on the mike. I think people said he was weak before NXT?

As for Emma, to be honest, what were WWE doing with her before her life of crime? And thought Charlotte was turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

KENTA's debut was okay, seemed to go at a snails pace at the beginning.

He botched the springboard dropkick. Bound to be some kinks and nerves nonetheless.

Lets hope its not another Sin Cara

I remember Daniel Bryan saying he loved wrestling Kenta as they didn't talk, they just tried to read what the other was doing and that that was a lot of fun.

I'm guessing they didn't speak because back then Kenta had zero English - now he has very little and I doubt WWE would let anybody go out there and just 'guess' a match, so I presume him and Gabriel had planned the entire match before hand - which would tell why it seemed slow and not as exciting as most would have hoped. Still, early days. He'll have many five star matches yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

duuuaaaane wrote: »
    I remember Daniel Bryan saying he loved wrestling Kenta as they didn't talk, they just tried to read what the other was doing and that that was a lot of fun.

I'm guessing they didn't speak because back then Kenta had zero English - now he has very little and I doubt WWE would let anybody go out there and just 'guess' a match, so I presume him and Gabriel had planned the entire match before hand - which would tell why it seemed slow and not as exciting as most would have hoped. Still, early days. He'll have many five star matches yet.

It's crazy as well to think of the size of these guys.

Zayn, Neville, Kenta (Itami :P ), Breeze. All "cruiserweights" for want of a better term.

An unbelievable turn of the tide to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Kenta was grand, I wouldn't be worried too much.

Putting him up against the Ascension is weird though. Neither guy is the best worker and it seems a waste of talent.

Adding Titus to the title picture is a great idea. His talent is absolutely wasted on RAW and this is a good opportunity for him.

He's a contrast to the smaller guys too, and I think it will work great.

Poor Emma :( You talk about dropping the ball. Jesus Christ.

Who are rooting for tonight on NXT? Alexa Bliss or Bayley. YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Who are rooting for tonight on NXT? Alexa Bliss or Bayley. YOU MUST CHOOSE ONE.

Bayley

she's got the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubemen and that just about edge's it for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Bayley may want to hug me but Alexa's the one I want to hug back

Also I got inspired and wrote a wee analysis of every Diva training at NXT. I left out Eva Marie since she's technically already on the main roster
    http://www.lethalwow.com/2014/09/25/bobby-between-the-ropes-bobby-scouts-the-nxt-divas/

When Bayley took the mike at the end I was sure she was going to tell Alexa Bliss to "Bayley-ve".

Think Marcus losing the headgear may have had a better effect if they didn't have the picture of him without it before the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Baley & Balor I can see it now.

Not FinnBliss?

Why Slate got fired:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why Slate got fired:

What's the backstory here?

A worked shoot promo from a NXT wrestler how fired. He was let go for being too pushy on the topic of being put on NXT TV. From emails to management, Twitter posts to bringing a electronic keyboard to the ring at a live event and singing a song called "Put Me On TV."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"How dare you be confident. God damn it, you'll think your **** and be happy about it!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Then people don't get pushed and the reason is they didn't want it enough. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement