Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

That was pretty entertaining. Poor lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Confidence is required but like with a lot of big companies you may be required to wait your turn and play the game. Don't go emailing management who probably have little idea who you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Wish the ascension came out with some extravagant entrance gear, would be more memorable like LOD or demolition as oppose to being more APA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Very enjoyable show this week. The booking seems even smarter this week. Intriguing, layered storytelling and I have read the long range spoilers. Essentially I know A and C but I don't know B so to speak so I am still hooked. I watch IMPACT and Smackdown and don't that feeling.

Tyson Kidd vs Adrian Neville was the clear highlight. Very strong NXT TV match. Felt Bayley vs Charlotte was very clunky and exposed both their short comings. I've very little concern about Itami and performing on US TV Wrestling after this episode. Sad about NXT changing the Vaudevillains's music but it will probably serve them better as they supposedly heels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Couldnt have said it better Rovert, I completely agree about the Vaudevillians. I guess their theme was too jolly for a supposed heel tag team.

I've completely grown to Adrian Neville now. Whatever shortcomings he has on promos, his in-ring is superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That power bomb on Kidd looked sore.

So is Baron Corbin meant to be any good ability wise? Or is he just another Roman Reigns type?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Didnt see it mentioned anywhere but supposidly Eugene was let go and no longer works on NXT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Where's the earliest place to watch NXT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Where's the earliest place to watch NXT?

Legally, WWE Network in California.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Legally, WWE Network in California.
    ANy workaround for us to watch it here?

Change our spoofy address on WWE Network to California?

Demott up to his old tricks

Time for Enzo and Big Cass to visit the WWE NXT GM and see if they can get a favor -- a tryout for Carmella
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=730139253702308

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Enzo and Big Cass are just brilliant!

Would have loved to see them against the new age outlaws, just for the opening promo off alone! :pac:

A Becky NXT week so the yoke doesn't leak early as is tradition.

/murderous rage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked like Itami was a bit out of it near the end of his match. Probably better he didn't get to hit the top rope move.

Is there any team more over than Amore and Cass? Makes me wonder if they could get that popular on the main roster.

Zayn doesn't win many matches, does he?

I'll admit Renee commenting on Becky being hot may have put thoughts in my head.

I fear Cass and Amore will suffer from Adam Rose syndrome.

I fear Cass and Amore will suffer from Adam Rose syndrome.

I think they'll be as big as the New Age Outlaws. Both are great on the mic, look different and imagine if they were given a post wm raw debut and how big that crowd would make them look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Garseys wrote: »
    I think they'll be as big as the New Age Outlaws. Both are great on the mic, look different and imagine if they were given a post wm raw debut and how big that crowd would make them look.

The post mania Raw crowd would eat them up and Cass and Amore would have them eaten outta their hands!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The post mania Raw crowd would eat them up and Cass and Amore would have them eaten outta their hands!!

How you doin'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I'd be surprised if they got over at all on the bigger stage. Catchphrases aren't enough anymore. Neither are anywhere near good enough in the ring to be more than a pre show act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looked like Itami was a bit out of it near the end of his match. Probably better he didn't get to hit the top rope move.

Yeah he looked properly hurt, barely staying on his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Garseys wrote: »
    How you doin'!

Me and my best pal are always flippin shouting this when we're out. They're the hottest act (and realest guys) in the company outside of Ambrose and the comparisons to the Outlaws is exactly what I said to my brother no more than a day ago. Love these guys.

QikBax wrote: »
    Neither are anywhere near good enough in the ring to be more than a pre show act.

Well they'd spark a bit of life into the tag division. So what if they're curtain jerker's? I think they're talented enough to get over if bumped up to Raw/Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

QikBax wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they got over at all on the bigger stage. Catchphrases aren't enough anymore. Neither are anywhere near good enough in the ring to be more than a pre show act.

I don't know, this chap called Daniel Bryan did alright.

Enzo has charisma coming out of every pore. He's a showman.

If he gets better in the ring he could be a big star in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Big Cass and Amore come across as so natural but I'd agree you'd have to fear about the bigger stage and production of Raw swallowing them up like it has to done to others.

The best thing you can do for those two guys is NOT put them up against a duo that can put it up to them such as the outlaws and end up outshining them.

In an ideal world you'd want them going up against two knobs that aren't that over the top and witty. Bo Dallas for example.

Have to say haven't been impressed so far with Kenta. A bit sluggish and sloppy towards the end of his match. Starting to think they have rushed him in a bit too soon.

Pretty disappointing episode this week. Becky vs Sasha was just solid but it was best match on the show. Calling this the Bank Statement is stealing thoughts out of my head level great:

bg9TX9S.gif

Where to start with Itami. There's a Sin Cara type fan backlash brewing online. I don't think he has his WWE in ring style down yet likewise knows how to appeal to the crowd and Ascension are a bit of handicap as an initial feud. But in Itami's defence it looked like he got hit pretty hard by an elbow coming off the ropes at the start of the match some people on the night thought he got concussed. Another thing that took away from the match and post match is that the crowd was muted as they were chanting racial/racist stuff at Itami. At a live event at Fort Pierce people were chanting Jackie Chan and Egg Role at him and last in Citrus Springs "Tokyo Drift" and "Mr. Myagi" at him.

Thought Titus was terrible in his match with Zayn. Yes I know what the story they were telling just O'Neil's offence looked so poor and he was moving around awkwardly.

Quality 90s reference:
    tumblr_nd8w4ypp0l1si9kpgo5_250.gif
    tumblr_nd8w4ypp0l1si9kpgo7_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jaysus, that sounds bad for Kenta. Crowd was burned out totally though, that would be fairly late into the tapings no? It's way too early to judge him, i'd be waiting several months at least before I draw any conclusions.

Titus did look fairly brutal alright. He's usually better then that but its worrying that you can't have a good match with El Generico.

Becky and Sasha was grand. Sasha's finisher is awesome.

The Hey Arnold reference cracked me up.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jaysus, that sounds bad for Kenta. Crowd was burned out totally though, that would be fairly late into the tapings no? It's way too early to judge him, i'd be waiting several months at least before I draw any conclusions.

The crowd were for sure dead for this show but the audio was muted and the commentators were overcompensating saying you "can hear a pin drop" and stuff like that. I asked people who attended the tapings and they confirmed the racist chanting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement