Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

She's not putting on the accent I guess?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On Becky. Good things are hard to discuss without just repeating what others said.

Bad things. Sami Zayn. I can't warm to him at all. I tend to find him boring. Yet Tyson Kidd is thoroughly entertaining when he should not be (as a heel).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

She's not putting on the accent I guess?

Obviously it is slightly wrestling-sied and she was being all tough sizing up Sasha Banks. Also for better or worse it is too. Hard to parse the trolling comments from the legit ones online sometimes but some Yanks find her accent "the thickest Irish accent I've ever heard". Her voice being too deep is another criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lets go blue pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Not a bad theme song. CFO$ guys known how to make good theme songs for Divas but their songs tend to loop after awhile.

• Advertisement

Next NXT taping is this Thursday:

B0b5FWFIUAA_sVA.jpg

With or without Seth it is an interesting show as it tapes up until NXT Network Special. But Rollins vs Zayn, Itami, Neville or
    Balor
    or even Kalisto would do nicely.

Rollins being back reminds of the time him and CM Punk wrestled Cesaro and Ohno in a NXT dark match supposedly for an eventual CM Punk DVD. Which probably won't see the light of day ever.

Trying out at NXT all this week Uhaa Nation:

tumblr_nbvafpBCab1qhjbxeo3_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So is tonight the night for Balor or is that next week?

So is tonight the night for Balor or is that next week?

November 6th aka 2 weeks.

Believe me I will more than flag his debut. Will awake this forum from it's slumber to live watch it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Booo, Becky! Boooooo I say!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/525386190112161792

Seriously though have waited 8 years for this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Absolute schtate of the guy in Paul Heyman t-shirt who leaps to his feet giving it socks as Becky wallops Bailey. Lol.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Absolute schtate of the guy in Paul Heyman t-shirt who leaps to his feet giving it socks as Becky wallops Bailey. Lol.

The woman in the NXT Takeover shirt with dyed red hair. Front row far right's reaction to Becky's turn = best.

Her jaw drops and asks her boyfriend did that just happen.

FRESHMAN ORIENTATION DAY

cPSvOxH.jpg
    From left to right:

Sunny Dhins: Amateur wrestler who at one point was training for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.

Zahra Schreiber: Signed after an all female tryout camp in June. She was trained at the HOT Wrestling school by Truth Martini and Jimmy Jacobs.

Dustin Mueller: A body builder from Chicago, no known wrestling ot college sports background.

Gionna Daddio: Signed after an all female tryout camp in June. She is a former Hooters girl and trains at DeFranco’s gym, where Stephanie McMahon works out at.

Josh Woods: Amateur wrestler from the University of Central Florida with some MMA experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Those bios sound pretty grim. Combine that with the looks I'd be surprised if Zara was joined by any of them in making it.

Those bios sound pretty grim. Combine that with the looks I'd be surprised if Zara was joined by any of them in making it.

Zahra will be an interesting one. She kind of already has heat for how she carried herself during the NXT tapings last Thursday. I guess careless is the best way to describe her. She knows she can act a certain way and get away with more given her unique look. Another example this week was tweeting about tweeting and driving last week. If they gave her social media training she didn't listen to it. With or without the training it just shows a lack of common sense or understanding of what she has. New NXT trainees especially indie Wrestlers tend to live in fear in contrast. Becky, Paige, Devitt etc all took great care in getting signed. Even though Paige is on the main roster she famed for realising what she has and staying out of trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

She does have that dick look about her from what I've seen, if she's not smart enough to reign it in then no loss. She's not THAT unique in her look when taking the tatoos away.

An ESSENTIAL watch:
    - WWE.com has posted a new article on the WWE Performance Center, and a recent training camp that took place there. The article confirms that independent wrestler Rich Swann, strongman Michael Fierro, bodybuilder Justin Whitley, former NFL player Jason Shirley, Northern Iowa University wrestler Blayne Beale-McDonald and former MMA fighter Sione Finau were all in attendance. Muscle and Fitness editor Sean Hyson was also part of the camp, as he will be writing about his three-day experience for the magazine.

Go Rich

He came across so nice:
    uFXrQoU.png

Glad Colt Cabana got another look:
    QT3ReYe.jpg

The best bit:
    U1zjnlS.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dustin Mueller looks like a baby HHH in that photo. ^^^^

- WWE NXT Diva Alexa Bliss is said to be moving up into the upper echelon of developmental talents that Triple H and other officials have their eye on. They are beginning to look at Bliss as someone that they can build upon.

Sasha Banks is also high on the list in NXT. Sasha works a little stiff in the ring and they are trying to break her of that habit.

WWE officials are also extremely thrilled with NXT Women's Champion Charlotte and how she's progressed since debuting with the company. They are also happy with Bayley's performances but Bliss and Banks are higher up on the list.

Source: PWInsider

You will see what Mike Johnson is talking about in terms of Banks being stiff in a couple of weeks when
    busts open Bliss's nose with blood everywhere

• Advertisement

Not a fan of Zayns dancing in the entrance/pre match in general* but it really annoyed me this week.

Your going to the ring for what you are calling a road to redemption, supposed to be serious about your task, focused as to not make any mistakes, the dancing doesn't fit with the storyline right now. He should look more intense.

*As I think he will end up looking silly if he does it on the main roster.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Zayns dancing in the entrance/pre match in general* but it really annoyed me this week.

Your going to the ring for what you are calling a road to redemption, supposed to be serious about your task, focused as to not make any mistakes, the dancing doesn't fit with the storyline right now. He should look more intense.

*As I think he will end up looking silly if he does it on the main roster.

I get what you are saying but everyone does their pre-programmed entrance in any and all circumstances in NXT & WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the thing about Zayn's match that annoyed me was the number of times redemption was mentioned. Sounded like they were advertising the next PPV.

Surprised Charlotte didn't turn on Bayley.

That Bálor guy looks awfully familiar. :) I'm trying to work out, have they messed up Itami and feel they need to bring in Bálor, or was this the plan all along? I assume it was or they wouldn't have put him in with The Ascension.

Speaking of Ascension, how does their entrance look live? Do they come on all hunched over so the camera can't see them, then they stand up? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    You will see what Mike Johnson is talking about in terms of Banks being stiff in a couple of weeks when
    busts open Bliss's nose with blood everywhere
    Not the first time Bliss was cut. On her TV debut she had a busted lip or gum.

rovert wrote: »
    I get what you are saying but everyone does their pre-programmed entrance in any and all circumstances in NXT & WWE.

Good point :pac:

I think he needs a more serious entrance or a more defined silly jokey persona that would fit that type of entrance/carry on.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think he needs a more serious entrance or a more defined silly jokey persona that would fit that type of entrance/carry on.

Dancing is definitely midcard.

So glad we don't have to carry on the farce of spoilers when it comes to Finn Balor's debut.

So so happy. Both him being on WWE TV and Becky being a heel is really all I ever really wanted out of Wrestling at this stage. Anything else is a bonus. Likes of either coming out of Ireland especially at the same time may not be seen again in our lifetimes.

Wish there was a less goofy picture of him with Becky but it is what it is. There's them both for New England Championship Wrestling in America in September/October 2005:

10593269_686410571435553_967948530_n.jpg

Nines years on:
    B1yiaPAIgAM7zI3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What about Becky Lynch stealing McGregor's "here to take over" schtick :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think the thing about Zayn's match that annoyed me was the number of times redemption was mentioned. Sounded like they were advertising the next PPV.

That Bálor guy looks awfully familiar. :) I'm trying to work out, have they messed up Itami and feel they need to bring in Bálor, or was this the plan all along? I assume it was or they wouldn't have put him in with The Ascension.

Thing that annoyed me about that match was one of the commentators saying "they know each other so well" about twenty million times.

Devitt/Balor is in some feckin nick it has to be said! Shame they turned down the crowd noise so low you could hardly hear a reaction to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Delighted he debuted.

Right now there is 3 Irish wrestlers in WWE. That's amazing really for such a small country.

We have had Sheamus who is a 2 time WWE Champion and a World Heavyweight Champion. Now we have Lynch and Balór making their mark in NXT.

If any of us predicted this 10 years ago we would have been laughed at. A fantastic Irish representation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement