Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »

Like Becky's reply
    SASHAAAA! Get the tables!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Thought it wasn't kosher race wise to talk about it but I loved that Becky is carrying on the black guy always gets the table trope.

But then I saw this

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/530761142071992320

Tantastic

It’s worth noting that WWE listed NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte as Charlotte Flair in the announcement on the WrestleMania 31 ticket party. Up until now they have just used the Charlotte name. There’s been a lot of speculation that Charlotte will be called to the main roster after the next live NXT special in December.

Ric's health has seemed to be have been the hold up. The main roster Divas is a low bar performance wise. But even so the reaction even just among fans is that she isn't ready yet. To me she has kind of plateaued in NXT for whatever reason so you may as well call her up. Interested to see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought Neville and/or The Ascension were due to be brought up after Night of Champions or the last Takeover.

Was this idea scrapped or was it just a rumour?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have they any plans to use the Divas in a useful way? If not Charlotte won't need to be particularly accomplished to get called up :(

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought Neville and/or The Ascension were due to be brought up after Night of Champions or the last Takeover.

Was this idea scrapped or was it just a rumour?

An idea that was scrapped due to the video game being delayed. In fairness to me they did kind of bring them up. Neville in that RAW NXT showcase match and The Ascension on Main Event. Then put them on live events pretty much full time.

I wasn't completely wrong. :p
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Have they any plans to use the Divas in a useful way? If not Charlotte won't need to be particularly accomplished to get called up :(

I'd love to know this personally. The NXT women work very hard.

Bayley is still pushing the cage match:

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/531183223515394050

Like I said here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92784087&postcount=1007 the two new girls are eejits:

Rq1einS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I thought this week's show was really good, it left me longing for more. Am very excited for the next month of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I love how the Americans pronounce Hideo as Hih-day-oh and the Irish (well myself, mates and Bálor) pronounce it Hih-dieo (like Video)

Told this is a must see show:
    A Finn Balor promo and match.
    * Finn Balor & Hideo Itami vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd
    * Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha banks
    * Non-Title Match: The Lucha Dragons vs. Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy
    * NXT Title Match: Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn

The main event is apparently a match of the year contender.

NXT has a major edit job to make during the Alexa/Sasha match as
    Bliss's nose got busted open with blood everywhere
    to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Any word on Braun Stowman having potential? he looks the part, but I see he comes from a weightlifting background and I can't find one match of his....is he destined to be someone's bodyguard for a few months, if he ever makes TV?..

I think he is a novice, wouldn't have any training outside WWE developmental so it will be a long time before he is on tv.

Actually is a tad overdue on the in ring debut front on NXT Live Events. How they introduce some people is that they do an interview segment in the ring stating they are coming and what their plans. Really it is a way to get used to being in front of the crowd. The girls either ring announce or throw out merch, wave and dance around to the hit song "Let's Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez. ANYWAY:

B1P6NSJIUAAhWzK.jpg

Anyway that's Strowman and Rich Brennan in one of those segments last month. I wouldn't be surprised to see him debut on of the three shows NXT is running this week. The first of which is tonight with Devitt's NXT Live Event debut btw. Someone who came into NXT at the same time as Strowman is Hugo Knox he debuted last weekend. Hugo Knox real name Stuart Tomlinson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Tomlinson a male model and former football goalkeeper for mainly Port Vale.

In terms of how good Strowman I've no idea but I have heard good things about his attitude. Strowman is the personal project of Tensai/Albert and apparently modelled a lot after him. Braun even has gotten his nipples pierced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Strowman is the personal project of Tensai/Albert and apparently modelled a lot after him. Braun even has gotten his nipples pierced.

Ha, I had him down as a Bruiser Brody, hard not to looking at that picture, and thought he'd have a mountain to climb with Luke Harper already so established.
    Nipple piercings might change the dynamic a little bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville tomorrow. They were the standout match for anyone I talked to at last week's show in The Point. I just think it's kind of strange how they have had Sami Zayn appear on Main Event for the last fortnight losing to Tyson Kidd. With him already having appeared on Raw that time, people won't be as excited for him when he come up full-time surely?

What time is nxt on the network lads?

9 our time, next show on.

Balor's walk to the ring is a bit erm interpretive dance.

Nice debut match for Balor.

Certainly was an unusual entrance but it made sense with the music and the video game boss vibe he has going on.

Sin Cara with the Power move. Lucha Dragons are great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Balor's walk to the ring is a bit erm interpretive dance.

Some seriously dodgy moments. Needs tweaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah his entrance was a bit much but I'm sure it'll be reeled back. Or he could get more interesting attire/body paint to match - It's too fancypants for plain black trunks!

Very happy to see him wrestle in WWE-land. Nice quick tag match. Fan of Kidd and Gabriel as well. But not his hideous stinger bar jocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Really good episode.

Finn & Itami vs Gabriel & TJ was alright for an opener. Fergal's entrance reminded me of Anderson Silva's UFC entrances a bit.

Bliss' bloody nose shot looked sore. Some of the women lay it in thick. Becky's facials were great. Shame they're not taken seriously on the main roster. ..

Lucha fellas match was alright.

Zayn v PAC was very very good.( Zayn v Kidd from Main Event was also good fwiw.)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Told this is a must see show:

The main event is apparently a match of the year contender.

NXT has a major edit job to make during the Alexa/Sasha match as
    Bliss's nose got busted open with blood everywhere
    to

Best episode in a long time. Really enjoyed every bit of that show and can't wait again until next weeks episode. NXT really is must see tv. However while the main event was very good it's nowhere near match of the year contender.

Great episode this week.

By NXT standards Devitt had an excellent debut. Not exactly the second coming as it was explained to me but still. Also roughly 3-5 minutes of the match was cut out of the TV airing. Despite raging about everyone online saying HE NEEDS TO DEBUT IN FULL BODYPAINT. I am coming around on him needing something on his way to the ring. He looks kind of naked now after seeing him walk to the ring with bodypaint, dress up or without his Bullet Club light up leather jacket. I guess I just have to adjust to it.

Loved the tag match. Want the teams to get more time. Kalisto and Buddy Murphy were particularly really good.

Impressed by Alexa's composure after getting her nose busted open. She hit her offence perfect seconds after it.

zEabp2E.gif

As she tweeted the day after the tapings:

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/525636103001628674

Becky Lynch reprised her role from her last SHIMMER appearances as a great annoying stooge at ringside. However Sasha's promo left a lot to be desired very rushed through and her eyes were wandering all over the shop. Heel Rebecca Knox was one of my favourite things in the World. But Becky Lynch needs to stop changing facial expressions so much and work out in the mirror what are the good ones she pulls and what are the bad ones.

Spectacular main event. Neville is finally finding his groove as character wise and it told a great story. Neville has a great sad face kind of like Mick Foley's with the beard and all.

Alex Riley is the dirt worst.

Regal is so great here love him in this role:

Mason has his blog up covering last night's show featuring Balor's live event debut:
    http://masonsringsideview.blogspot.ie/2014/11/nxt-orlando-11-13-14.html

B2YRmbWIUAAZb7u.jpg

Solomon Crowe has gone all WCW Wrath:

B2YKaa4IgAAbegc.jpg[img]Becky got a nice notice from Rob Naylor too:[/img]https://twitter.com/NINaylor/status/533080803681779712

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

By NXT standards Devitt had an excellent debut. Not exactly the second coming as it was explained to me but still. Also roughly 3-5 minutes of the match was cut out of the TV airing. Despite raging about everyone online saying HE NEEDS TO DEBUT IN FULL BODYPAINT. I am coming around on him needing something on his way to the ring. He looks kind of naked now after seeing him walk to the ring with bodypaint, dress up or without his Bullet Club light up leather jacket. I guess I just have to adjust to it.

When he does come out in the body paint that entrance is gonna look so much better. He's got a supervillian entrance and theme so yeah roll on Takeover: Evolution.

Thought Alexa did an excellent job after her nose got busted. Big fan of hers now.

Garseys wrote: »
    When he does come out in the body paint that entrance is gonna look so much better. He's got a supervillian entrance and theme so yeah roll on Takeover: Evolution.

Apparently the poses he did were lifted from comics/video games. But I don't remember where I read that sadly.

8FNrdvE.gif

As always it could be worse:

Bo7ZlynIYAAiU_9.jpg

Remember joking that Devitt was going to debut as her Irish Dancing partner. But fair play in fairness both in are now packaged as non-stereotyped characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cheeseofdeath

Anxiously refreshing CFO$ iTunes page waiting for Balors theme to go up.

Becky and Sasha are really pushing being called Team B.A.E. (Best At Everything). Their live event opponents this weekend:

66p7rQ8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Cute Overload ^ :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Garseys wrote: »
    Cute Overload ^ :D

Agreed..

Wonder which one will turn on the other first? Ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement