Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Agreed..

Wonder which one will turn on the other first? Ha ha

It will be "Baby Trish Stratus"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Agreed..

Wonder which one will turn on the other first? Ha ha

They'll have a mutual break up like Rybaxel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why break a trend, so Bliss to turn on Bayley.

That was basically a Canadian Destroyer she did. Was impressive.

Watching the Lucha Dragons match I just thought you could imagine the original Sin Cara trying to do that power bomb type move he did here. Their new gear is very bright.

Hugo Knox debutted last week. He's Stuart Tomlinson, 29, 6ft, a model and an ex-football goalkeeper for Port Vale in England.

Looks like this:
    29O5vxa.jpg

Knox and a fan there.

and does flips and general high flying:
    9x1IejK.jpg

Wrestlemania in Wembley Stadium lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The big question for the rookie: How's his standing dropkick? And will he tag with Hardcore Holly or Al Snow?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hunico Is approximately 1 million times better as Sin Cara than Mistico was. Can't help but think if Hunico played the part from the start, and got the same push, he'd be a much bigger deal, and possibly be in or around the main event scene on Raw and Smackdown.

Said it before, and I'll say it again... NXT is far and away the best show WWE have right nos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Said it before, and I'll say it again... NXT is far and away the best show WWE have right nos
    I agree!

Balor has me interested
    Beckys heel turn, interested!
    Enzo and Cass, interestd!
    Zayn chasen the strap, interested
    Vaudevillans, interested!

Tomorrows episode is a huge step down in ring wise from last week but there's a really good Neville and Zayn angle.

Also the first time match up of Becky Lynch needs a heel match graphic vs Bailey. Which I didn't here much about as a match.
    B21o6NQCAAASww6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Have you seen the episode already?

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Have you seen the episode already?

Oh no just know a lot of people who attended. This is a come down week after last week's amazing episode. Next week's show is pretty good. Another Finn match next week.

One small note from this episode onwards you can see the former WWE Diva Maxine sitting in the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

With a view too re-entering the ring??

With a view too re-entering the ring??

Nah she was just visiting. She's valet for Lucha Underground now.

A billion times more interested in NXT tomorrow. It's a video not aired to the live crowd.
    The first Kevin Steen vignette airs tomorrow on NXT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So why does this air at 9p.m our time. Do they really put it on at 4p.m on the East coast in America?

The show was as I said largely. Becky/Bayley was just a setup match but I really liked Becky's performance. Less restrained and the most "WWE" I've seen her despite the finish which wasn't delivered or sold effectively. No 30 facial expressions per minute like last week or failing away selling. She nees to realise the extent she projects naturally to the audience and have confidence in it.

The Vaudevillians/Midgets segment was main roster level trash and the main event segment was really good stuff. Had to laugh at NXT explaining Charlotte's absence next week when they profoundly never do it with Cena. Cena not saving his team's skin on Raw this week included.

Looking forward to seeing Finn Bálor vs. Tyson Kidd next week. That should be a pretty decent match, if they haven't edited it down too much? I find, as others have mentioned earlier in this thread, that NXT is becoming increasingly more and more "must-see" with each week that passes. The problem is when these guys get brought up to the main roster and they're squandered though, I guess. Will Devitt get to be NXT Champion at some point I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't remember the last person we saw promos for before their arrival. Debuting on the live show as well

Watching the Vaudevillans I just thought why not just bring out a black version of Lucha Dragons? Or a Redneck version? Mainly because I was listening to Renee on commentary and thinking of her costume.

Was just thinking last week what happened your man in the shirt and cap and this week we got him, Scott Dawson.
    If Enzo and Cass don't make it on the main roster I'll be very surprised.

Had to laugh at the Bull Dempsey match. Just because his opponent got such a jobber entrance that he must've been at the ring before the Corbin match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

WHen does the Steen promo air?

WHen does the Steen promo air?

After the Vaudevillians segment and here (if WWE doesn't take it down):

• Advertisement

Yeah, a whatever episode. Steen vignette wasn't much although, you would think there will be more to come before December so cool beans.

Mini-Lucha Dragons skit was pathetic.

I assume we're getting Finn/Hideo vs The Ascension at the special.

NXT had a show in Tampa, FL tonight. A fairly odd one as neither Becky or Finn were at the show. So fans got a six man main event of Enzo & Cass & Itami vs The Ascension & Tyler Breeze:
    B27fxAsCAAAggp2.jpg
    B28ToakIMAQiRs3.jpg

Enzo and Cass are "busy" enough as a unit with Carmella but I could see an association with Itami really helping Itami and making for some funny interplay.

rovert wrote: »
    NXT had a show in Tampa, FL tonight. A fairly odd one as neither Becky or Finn were at the show. So fans got a six man main event of Enzo & Cass & Itami vs The Ascension & Tyler Breeze:
    B27fxAsCAAAggp2.jpg
    B28ToakIMAQiRs3.jpg

Enzo and Cass are "busy" enough as a unit with Carmella but I could see an association with Itami really helping Itami and making for some funny interplay.

Erm dude, we don't need another Funaki like. No more comedy please.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Erm dude, we don't need another Funaki like. No more comedy please.

If you want serious there's always an evolving idea called Shoot Nation. A team of college Wrestlers.

Back row: Angelo Dawkins, Tucker Knight(?), Jason Jordan and Sawyer Fulton. On the mic: Chad Gable.

B28ViGNIQAAv9lA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Only if Steen can make fun of them like he did Davey Richards.

The NXT Special logo giving people Nexus flashbacks and annoying grammar Nazis:

B28LkDiCQAAFx19.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Man I'm loving NXT. Not the best wrestling episode but storyline was it was great.

Corbin and Bull looking like they might feud. Assention looking like they might have their tag team match for Takeover but we also have a match between Baylor and Kidd set up for next week.

I'm loving Zayn vs Neville. This is honestly becoming my favourite feud this year. I can't wait to see these guys at Takeover. Also Owens is about to debut, rarely is wrestling so exciting at this time of year, but there is some great stuff going on in NXT.

Best wrestling show on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The Bull/Corbin bit came off as someone backstage hitting Bulls music too early. :pac:

It did seem intentional though with the back to back squash matches (and the "race").

They frequently do that on NXT though, where one match ends and another one starts and the 2 guys pass each other on the ramp. It happened with Bull Dempsey and Mojo Rawley I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

As an on and off watcher of wrestling have found myself becoming disillusioned with the wrestling scene again. However have been watching NXT for past few weeks and it's a fantastic product. Characters and storylines I'm actually interested in and some great matches. Even the diva matches are good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement