Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I am really enjoying Adrian Neville since he first appeared on it. The Ascension really grew on me over time, despite their completely daft gimmick. Becky is great as well, and of course Devitt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A clip of Itami spelling out "SAWFT" last night:
    https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nfeci915xh1qm3j9i.mp4#_=_

Maybe turn down your speakers here.

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/537810739504095232

Both have wanted this match for years. Sadly this one is pretty short. But Tyson is a longtime Devitt and New Japan fan.

Also Charlotte is not around this week. Whar could this mean for young Bayley?

- Breeze/Louis was horrid. One of worst NXT segments of the year.
    - Hope this is the end of Blue Pants.
    - Balor's pre-taped interview was better than expected.
    - The Kevin Owens video had exciting elements like showing his family and NXT letting him do his running Cannonball into the corner.
    - The Bailey/Banks/Lynch segment was really well executed and got loads of heat. It was the best Becky has come across so far. The booking is kind of confusing. Becky vs Bailey already happened and the NXT Special match is Charlotte vs Sasha yet the majority of the heat for the beatdown was put on Becky.
    - Balor/Kidd was only decent. Some nice touches here and there but Tyson put on the chinlock of death and things of that nature. Devitt HATES the Benoit comparisons but given the snap he delivers on moves they are going to keep coming up. Also Tyson's "Ask him! Ask him in Irish!"

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I've said it before but Becky NEEDS a gimmick change. She looks all kinds of awkward in her entrances trying to do the rock thing. It made a great face gimmick but it doesn't work as a heel. Not saying she needs to ratchet up like Sasha but the rocker chick thing isn't working. Same with Bayley if she ever made a heel turn. There are some gimmicks that only work in one role

That video package with the Vaudevillains was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. If they keep going at this rate, they'll be insanely over. Though when they turn face, one wonders if the name will stay intact - Vaude-Heroes doesn't quite have the same ring to it :P

Really loving Enzo and Cass's stuff. I would love for them to get a proper push storyline-wise. They're mostly just popping in and out at random these days. Carmella will inevitably reject Enzo's advances for good and go out on her own as a heel

Also really enjoyed the Tyson/Finn match. Even though Finn isn't exactly a campy or OTT type of guy, he just has this presence about him and has so much subtle personality. It was a simple match but everything was done brilliantly. Obviously Finn is saving the wow-worthy stuff for the live special

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed the main event between Balor and Tyson Kidd. I think neither of them showed everything that they are capable of, so interest in a rematch would still be there for me. I think if The Vaudevillains win the tag team championship, which I really hope happens, then they should enter into a programme with Big Cass and Enzo for the next special. It would just give them something to do, rather than have the two of them just going to waste building Carmella up, which might not even go anywhere. I am really enjoying Bayley clashing with Becky and Sasha Banks. I think that the heel role really suits Becky. If anything, I think Sasha might be the weak link in that duo. But overall, they are working pretty well together and coming across as nasty bitches like back in school.

I am really enjoying Bayley clashing with Becky and Sasha Banks. I think that the heel role really suits Becky. If anything, I think Sasha might be the weak link in that duo. But overall, they are working pretty well together and coming across as nasty bitches like back in school.

No disrespect to your opinion but you are like the first person I've seen online to say that. Don't get me wrong I am happy about it and hopefully it is a tide turning moment. :) Becky showed the capacity to blow Sasha (who I think is fantastic) out of the water when she was Rebecca Knox on the indies. But if you read comment sections and Twitter you get comments about everything from Becky has no charisma, Becky & Sasha don't work together etc. Pretty much a complete rejection of current/heel Becky.

One thing of note is that the aren't we HILARIOUS Full Sail crowd kind of ruined that segment by chanting this at Bayley:

They edited out the sisss noise but not the ahhh noise if you re-watch the segment. The segment itself ran much longer as Becky and Sasha posed at the top of the ramp while Bayley was taken out of the side entrance. It was probably just cut for time but the photos of them posing on the ramp looked epic level heelish.

Like I said the past weeks they have built Becky vs Bayley up more than Sasha vs Charlotte. Was hoping that Becky vs Bayley would be an 11th hour edition to R Evolution (still do). It is just a curious situation.

Where is Charlotte while all of this is going on? She should have been on the show. I don't like Sasha Banks that much I guess. I only found her a bit tolerable when she paired with Becky?

Where is Charlotte while all of this is going on? She should have been on the show. I don't like Sasha Banks that much I guess. I only found her a bit tolerable when she paired with Becky?

Last week they explained that Charlotte was away this week in a pre-taped segment.

This week's show was third episode of a four episode taping so the "on the night" psychology was weird for the live audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Becky is pretty much just coming across as being to Sasha as Mizdow is to Miz. She just pretty much repeats her actions. Until she gets going and speaking on her own, we won't really know what she's capable of as a heel in NXT

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Last week they explained that Charlotte was away this week in a pre-taped segment.

This week's show was third episode of a four episode taping so the "on the night" psychology was weird for the live audience.
    How far ahead do they plan these Takeover specials? NXT is getting more and more popular, as it seems that the audiences at Raw are more familiar with the performers.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think Becky is pretty much just coming across as being to Sasha as Mizdow is to Miz. She just pretty much repeats her actions. Until she gets going and speaking on her own, we won't really know what she's capable of as a heel in NXT

The Mizdow comparison thing is more than apt until this week. Becky was to the forefront of the attack on Bayley from that great laugh and the "Are you going to call your momma and tell her you met some cowards?" line.

team-bae.jpg

Tyson's skull made of cats shirt is the best:
    djMA1Rg.jpg

Man, when I was watching the show last night that t-shirt just mesmerised me. I am a big cat lover as well, and was wondering where such a thing could be gotten. His tights are gas too. Becky was great during that beatdown on Bayley as well. Nice pair of Vans on her as well!

Man, when I was watching the show last night that t-shirt just mesmerised me. I am a big cat lover as well, and was wondering where such a thing could be gotten. His tights are gas too. Becky was great during that beatdown on Bayley as well. Nice pair of Vans on her as well!

The shirt was delivered part of this (geeky) subscription service Loot Crate:
    http://mmriley.com/2014/10/18/october-2014-loot-crate-reveal
    http://www.lootcrate.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If one decided to make an effort to watch NXT weekly, should one start this week or go back a few episodes? :p

The shirt was delivered part of this (geeky) subscription service Loot Crate:
    http://mmriley.com/2014/10/18/october-2014-loot-crate-reveal
    http://www.lootcrate.com/

Oh man, that is going to eat away at me, trying not to subscribe. Do you get it yourself?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If one decided to make an effort to watch NXT weekly, should one start this week or go back a few episodes? :p

The November 13th episode is the best hour of TV Wrestling this year and probably the best end to end NXT ever. It is the first episode of the current set of four shows building up to the next NXT special in two weeks. So start there.

Do you have the WWE Network? Watch all (three) the NXT Specials too.
    Oh man, that is going to eat away at me, trying not to subscribe. Do you get it yourself?

No but I know Irish people who do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have watched the specials and keep up with the odd character (Becky, Balor, Enzo). Just haven't committed to actually watching on the weekly schedule. And I have the Network anyway so may as well get into it. God knows Raw ain't doing much for me recently....

Thanks, I will start there :)

The November 13th episode is the best hour of TV Wrestling this year and probably the best end to end NXT ever. It is the first episode of the current set of four shows building up to the next NXT special in two weeks. So start there.

Do you have the WWE Network? Watch all (three) the NXT Specials too.

No but I know Irish people who do.
    I was delighted to realise that NXT gets uploaded pretty soon after they first air it on the network each week as well. I actually forgot to watch it at 9 on Thursday and was able to watch it on demand before it was repeated somethin like 5 hours later.

More non-build for Sasha Banks and Charlotte:

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/538557220368433152

• Advertisement

N1gpHED.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Enzo and Big Cass have gone from must watch to fast forward with the addition of the Hairdresser :o

I never found them as appealing as some of you guys seemed to, if I'm being honest. SAWFT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's a grand non complicated hour to watch each week, is NXT. They keep it simple and it's interesting to see them try to develop their characters. Balor/Kidd was grand but you'd hope the two of them could get the chance to do something a lot better in the future. I've really got the hots for Sasha Banks now too so I enjoy her and Becky's schtick :)

I don't find Sasha Banks that attractive at all. I know she is meant to have had issues health-wise? I'm looking forward to seeing Balor and Tyson Kidd fight to a proper conclusion sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I don't find Sasha Banks that attractive at all. I know she is meant to have had issues health-wise? I'm looking forward to seeing Balor and Tyson Kidd fight to a proper conclusion sometime.

There's probably "prettier" girls even in WWE alright but I don't know I just have a real thing for her in particular of late. Taste is a strange thing! I didn't read about whatever health issues she had.

Balor is being put over as a really big deal in NXT hopefully there's an awful lot more to come from him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Marcus Louis going mad because he had his hair removed is a classic please don't think about this storyline.

They naired my hair off, i hate it, but i keep shaving it off anyway.

I find some of Becky's acting way ott and as annoying as a Billy Barry Kid on the Toy Show. It doesn't come across natural and i think she is still trying to find a comfortable spot, was better this week though, heading the right way. Sasha to her credit is believable.

Pentecost wrote: »
    There's probably "prettier" girls even in WWE alright but I don't know I just have a real thing for her in particular of late. Taste is a strange thing! I didn't read about whatever health issues she had.

Balor is being put over as a really big deal in NXT hopefully there's an awful lot more to come from him.

For sure, it looks like they're putting an effort into himself and Kenta. So when Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn float up they'll be the new main men down in Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

DM_7 wrote: »
    Marcus Louis going mad because he had his hair removed is a classic please don't think about this storyline.

They naired my hair off, i hate it, but i keep shaving it off anyway.

I find some of Becky's acting way ott and as annoying as a Billy Barry Kid on the Toy Show. It doesn't come across natural and i think she is still trying to find a comfortable spot, was better this week though, heading the right way. Sasha to her credit is believable.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, whenever Becky is on screen I tend to cringe such are her farcical, pantomime style mannerisms.

• Advertisement

I dunno guys, I think the same can be said about all of them. Dolph Ziggler springs to mind here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement