Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Harsh!

On Vanilla.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I won't tag this pic as it is a major spoiler but check it out after watching the show as it is the scene of the show
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMpnoDUCQAA0SfV.jpg

This week:
    *WWE NXT champ Big E. Langston vs. Bo Dallas.

*Alicia Fox vs. Bailey - WWE NXT Divas championship tournament.

*Sami Zayn vs. Claudio Castagnoli.

*Scott Dawson and Garrett Dylan with Sylvester LeFort vs. Travis Tyler and Baron Corbin.

Bailey debuts an interesting new character too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

rovert wrote: »
    I won't tag this pic as it is a major spoiler but check it out after watching the show as it is the scene of the show
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMpnoDUCQAA0SfV.jpg
    Ugh. Never going to make it. Has nothing going for him

jamc wrote: »
    Ugh. Never going to make it. Has nothing going for him

Except
    massive go away heat (see the crowd turning their backs)
    :p

Except
    massive go away heat (see the crowd turning their backs)
    :p

Fantastic. Can't wait to see it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Another great match between Sami Zayn and Antonio Cesaro. I've never actually seen someone block a small package before. Sami Zayn seems to be very over with the fans already. The headscissors throw out of the ring is a GIF just waiting to be made

Holy hell Alicia Fox actually *won* a match. You could tell she was savoring it afterwards. So Bayley is basically Tammy Jones from GLOW? I'll bet she comes out with a giant lollipop her next match. I wonder if her character will be an ingenue who will abruptly snap at times or she just forgot halfway through the match that she was supposed to be a sweetheart?

Thats brilliant Rovert, makes a far better point than
    boring

The main event was really, really long. There were bits I really liked namely the finish and the thought you rarely see on WWE TV being put into protecting the loser within the match. But it was really, really long.

None the wiser on Bailey's character is she simple/naive/a fangril?
    QDcRa0Y.jpg

GLOW is one of the few Wrestling promotions I've never watched, bobby_says_hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Excellent first match. Went quickly through the second. The divas match was ok. Looks like Bayley is doing a Jekyl&Hyde/Joseph Park/Hulk type thing where all innocent until she gets hit.
    As for the title match. Don't know if I'vr ever seen someone of Big E's size leap as high as he does

GLOW is one of the few Wrestling promotions I've never watched, bobby_says_hi.

Don't, the wrestling is atrocious. The girls in the first season had eight weeks of training tops, Rosa Mendes has had better matches. But the videos of their raps are lol-worthy. As someone who used to be very into Ancient Egyptian culture, Little Egypt's one is surprisingly well researched

I'm just wondering why on Earth they picked that kind of character for Bayley. She'd be much better off as a heel. Sasha Banks could play that kind of character better

• Advertisement

Read lots about GLOW and saw the new documentary mind. Watched Wrestlicous too.

hehe they're taping a second season of Wrestlicious right now. Ivelisse Velez, Brittney Savage and Santana Garrett have all been confirmed as new faces

This is making sense to auld thicko here:

qytggm.jpg

Exhibits B and C
    BMlc2AZCUAAh-s0.jpg:large

BLpH4X6CcAAHX0z.jpg:large

Meant to say, was it me or did Sami Zayn do a version of the Canadian Destroyer on Antonio?

Yes, he did. That move is a leg-trap Sunset Flip Powerbomb better known as the Code Red or Last Call depending on whether or not you're a fan of Amazing Red or Melina Perez. I think Sin Cara did it to Cesaro as well on Raw this week

I was told by people who know people were signed that July 8 was the induction date for the next wave of NXT trainees and the opening of the NXT Performance Centre (a large supermarket sized training facility in Orlando). But this is the first mention of that date by a WWE signee:

http://tinyurl.com/lchf95h

I was told by the same people WWE has planned to sign FOUR HUNDRED people to developmental by the end of the year. No real idea at how many people are in NXT right but it can't be more than like fifty or sixty. Lots of talk about WWE owning the industry so to speak. Imagine the damage WWE could do if they signed 20 more top indy names from an Indy scene that WWE has already skimmed the cream off largely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Yes, he did. That move is a leg-trap Sunset Flip Powerbomb better known as the Code Red or Last Call depending on whether or not you're a fan of Amazing Red or Melina Perez. I think Sin Cara did it to Cesaro as well on Raw this week

Its a spot Cesaro has used for years when working with smaller opponents. I remember him and Evan Bourne doing it beautifully in the TPI in 2006/7 ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I was told by people who know people were signed that July 8 was the induction date for the next wave of NXT trainees and the opening of the NXT Performance Centre (a large supermarket sized training facility in Orlando). But this is the first mention of that date by a WWE signee:

http://tinyurl.com/lchf95h

I was told by the same people WWE has planned to sign FOUR HUNDRED people to developmental by the end of the year. No real idea at how many people are in NXT right but it can't be more than like fifty or sixty. Lots of talk about WWE owning the industry so to speak. Imagine the damage WWE could do if they signed 20 more top indy names from an Indy scene that WWE has already skimmed the cream off largely.

HHH is still in the Abramovich years picking up some up and coming talent for the sake of it & now opening up an expensive academy and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

GTR63 wrote: »
    HHH is still in the Abramovich years picking up some up and coming talent for the sake of it & now opening up an expensive academy and all.

Unlike Abramovich Hunter is actually using the new talent to great effect and practically building TV around them.

• Advertisement

400 thats is an insane number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watching Nxt for the first time in ages. Who out of Big E and Dallas are the heel or the face. I suspect Big E is the heel and Bo is the kinda lame babyface.

Big E's the face. Don't think Bo is a full heel yet but he is disliked.

Wow! Bo has a very punchable face.

Also, any volunteers to rub some ointment onto the parts of Summer Rae that got repeatedly slapped? :D

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wow! Bo has a very punchable face.

That was the worst promo of the year. Absolute moron.

Good pacey episode this week.
    Adrian Neville vs Bray Wyatt
    Sami Zayn vs Angelo Dawkins
    NXT Women's Championship Tournament - First Round - Summer Rae vs Sasha Banks
    Xavier Woods vs Jake Carter
    The Wyatt Family vs Kassius Ohno, Corey Graves and Adrian Neville

Sami has the most hoo hum match I can remember him ever having. Summer Rae could easily be the lead heel Diva on the main roster and would be a significant improvement on what we have now. You will want to throw your shoe at your telly/laptop at Bo Dallas's promo. Xavier Woods in his return is the most charismatic man in Wrestler:
    6-20-2013+3-13-05+PM.jpg

Think I asked before, but Xavier is Consequences Creed, right?
    I'd say he'll have tochange one thing and that's the shouting of "It's morphin' time". I just say that he'll probably be asked to change due to Punk shouting "It's clobberin' time"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think I asked before, but Xavier is Consequences Creed, right?

Yep

What happened Jake Carter? When he was wrestling with his dad he looked like a big american football player type, he is smaller now, looks alot differant and less intimidating. The son of Vader should be intimidating.

waits for he was a footballer and now he isn't response!

• Advertisement

Triple H looks he is about to kick and Pedigree the Winner of NXT Women's Championship and take the title for himself:
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNPy9L9CQAAVO-n.jpg

Link contains a spolier for future shows from last night's tapings for shows to air in a couple of week's time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement