Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't clicked the link, my guess is the next round, Paige will beat Alicia and Summer will beat Emma(who I assume will beat Aksana. Though they did have Bayley lose to Alicia so possible for Aksana to win). Then finally Paige will beat Summer. I'll just wait and see and avoid spoilers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't clicked the link, my guess is the next round, Paige will beat Alicia and Summer will beat Emma(who I assume will beat Aksana. Though they did have Bayley lose to Alicia so possible for Aksana to win). Then finally Paige will beat Summer. I'll just wait and see and avoid spoilers

You are better off not reading the spoilers IMO in general. Some very strange booking on the show for sure.

That's the problem with them being filmed so far in advance, though I guess it makes it less predictable. Like I expected Big E to drop the title before due to being on the main roster, but with the taping schedule he could do NXT.

So they do 4 tapings at a time then take a month off for house shows/training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rovert wrote: »
    Triple H looks he is about to kick and Pedigree the Winner of NXT Women's Championship and take the title for himself:
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNPy9L9CQAAVO-n.jpg

From last night's tapings and to air in a couple of week's time.
    Might be no harm to highlight theres a spoiler Rov.

I think Sami's match was kinda ho hum alright, but his promo was very good afterwards, a quiet intensity.

I hate Bo, don't stop Bolevin' indeed...

Xavier has a great charisma about him, but doesn't really have much going for him in the ring. His morphin time roll flip thingy is cool and unique though.

The whole Boliever thing really doesn't help him, since the other guy that uses a play on believer for his fans is Justin Bieber.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't bother at all with the show this week lads.

Bar a cute interview where Rene took Emma's bubble gun there was nothing to this one:
    6-27-2013+12-55-57+PM.jpg

Hope she didn't use it. Emma warned her.

Next week: Emma versus Rene in a bubble match

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

The Emma/Aksana match was quite good. Aksana continues to be one of the more underrated Divas, especially when it comes to character. Her matches are always interesting anyway

Hope she didn't use it. Emma warned her.

Next week: Emma versus Rene in a bubble match

hfIrIXg.gif

Loved Emma's answer to the question what is your strategy?

WIN

After all this time this is finally happening:

aui6me.jpg

Craic agus ceol ahoy

• Advertisement

Oh please Jesus WWE resign Maxine:

2h4ynis.jpg

Sami Callihan on his way to NXT:
    BOKMThoCMAAOFNe.jpg

Hmmm. Not sure where they're going with this. Having Zane come in for the save makes Bo a face by association. So does that mean they want us to accept Bo as a face?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

At what point did you think they didn't want him to be seen as a face - I didn't watch last weeks show so maybe they did something then?

NXT was your usual good NXT show. Colourful characters and fun Wrestling. Alicia Fox had her working boots on and lolz at Mason Ryan walking around like that while Ricardo got suspended for some weight cutting supplement.
    Hmmm. Not sure where they're going with this. Having Zane come in for the save makes Bo a face by association. So does that mean they want us to accept Bo as a face?

Spoiler on future tapings:
    Yes until he gets the full on Die Rocky Die treatment

DM-ICE wrote: »
    At what point did you think they didn't want him to be seen as a face - I didn't watch last weeks show so maybe they did something then?

It seems like people don't like him. He comes across as smarmy and seems like everything he says is to purposefully rile people up. He calls his fans Bo-lievers which reminds me more of "Cole-miners" than something like "Cenation".
    Also he beat Big E for the title which didn't exactly help matters

First day of training at the WWE Performance Center:

BOprNRFCAAMDJNH.jpg

BOo6KFrCYAA3Sp-.jpg

There's a Press Conference on Thursday.

BOz93OJCYAA9c8N.jpg

If you listen closely enough you can hear Demott abusing students.

This week's NXT:
    Commentary Team: Tom Phillips and GENERAL MANAGER OF MONDAY NIGHT RAW BRAD MADDOX

NXT Women's Championship Tournament Semi-Final: Summer Rae vs Emma

Sami Zayn vs Leo Kruger

Mason Ryan vs Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy

The Wyatt Family vs Corey Graves, Adrian Neville and William Regal

Heard Sami vs Leo is very good.

Wooo! Do the Emma.

Will watch this tonight.

Is it strange that I avoid spoilers for NXT more than I do for any of the main shows? Last spoiler I read was Bo winning the title. Have even managed to avoid who won the Women's title.

Every time I see Colin Cassidy's name, I immediately get him mixed up with Colin Delaney.

I think the one team that I always skip these days is those redneck type guys. Just not a fan for some reason.

• Advertisement

Is it strange that I avoid spoilers for NXT more than I do for any of the main shows? Last spoiler I read was Bo winning the title. Have even managed to avoid who won the Women's title.

There's a BIG taping tonight to celebrate the opening of the Performance Center so you will have to bury your head in the sand further. :P Jim Ross says they are kicking things up a notch. Various people and reporters have alluded to change in philosophy in developmental. Either you start realising your potential after a few months or you are gone. No more being left in developmental to wander around for 3 years.

On tonight's TV tapings you have from the main roster the Wyatts, Summer Rae, Langston, AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler and a few more surprises promised.

How cool would Ziggler vs Ohno or Zayn would be?

Emma vs Summer Raw was brillant:

rovert wrote: »
    There's a BIG taping tonight to celebrate the opening of the Performance Center so you will have to bury your head in the sand further. :P Jim Ross says they are kicking things up a notch. Various people and reporters have alluded to change in philosophy in developmental. Either you start realising your potential after a few months or you are gone. No more being left in developmental to wander around for 3 years.

On tonight's TV tapings you have from the main roster the Wyatts, Summer Rae, Langston, AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler and a few more surprises promised.

How cool would Ziggler vs Ohno or Zayn would be?

As long as Spoiler tags are used I should be okay. :)
    That philosophy could be interesting. Basically gives a lot of peopl a chance.

2 unexpected pleasant surprises this week so far(On Zayn match now
    Emma win and Flair appearance. And Maddox just called the crowd confused for chanting singing 'Ole Ole Ole' when Zayn is Canadian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Maddox is fair annoying this week on commentary,so disjointed and awkward.

Great show otherwise though,Dusty's stoned looking mate was brilliant.

Bayley reminds me of Tina Majorino of Waterworld, Napoleon Dynamite and Veroinca Mars.

Some lad will do a definitive article about the WWE Performance Centre tomorrow but my favourite details so far are:

Out of the seven Wrestlings ring there's one more extra springy and cushiony ring for high fliers. Imagine the lads fighting on a bed!

The other is that there are cameras setup up so that Titan Towers is ALWAYS WATCHING big brother style. How much must student's backs be up at the prospect of that. Let's like get into Bill "More Water" DeMott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Taping Results for the August shows. Can't wait for that last match:

August 5th:

* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy open the show but get confronted by Tensai, Brodus Clay and Mason Ryan. Ryan takes them both out and then dances with Clay and Tensai.

* Charlotte beat Sasha Banks.

* Erick Rowan and Luke Harper with Bray Wyatt won a squash over Mickey Keegan and Aiden English. Wyatt cut a promo about the match and talks about changing the world. He says tonight, they say goodbye to NXT.

* Corey Graves with Adrian Neville beat Scott Dawson with Sylvester Lefort. The Shield came out after the match and said they are back at NXT. Ambrose says Neville stole Kassius Ohno's spot and calls it an injustice, challenging Neville to a match. Neville accepts for next week but wants the US Title on the line.

* Leo Kruger and Antonio Cesaro beat Bo Dallas and Sami Zayn

August 12th

* Adrian Neville beat Dean Ambrose via DQ with the US Title on the line. The DQ came when Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfered. Corey Graves and Xavier Woods made the save.

* Summer Rae and Emma participated in a dance contest to determine a new #1 contender for the NXT Women's Title. Fans chose the winner and Emma won. Summer attacked her after the decision.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Danny Burch.

* Bo Dallas beat Leo Kruger with the NXT Title on the line.

August 19th

* Paul Heyman comes out and says he's looking for new Heyman Guys. He introduces Curtis Axel and talks about the future. Big E Langston comes out and wants an Intercontinental Title shot. Axel tells him to bring it but jokes that maybe he can get a title shot around Thanksgiving or Christmas. Big E talks Axel into defending tonight.

* Big E Langston beat Curtis Axel with the IC Title on the line via DQ when Heyman interfered and hit Big E. Big E cornered Heyman but Axel made the save. Big E blocked a belt shot and hit the Big End on Axel.

* Mason Ryan beat Scott Dawson. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy attacked Ryan but he tossed them out onto Dawson.

* Paige defeated Summer Rae with the Women's Title on the line. Emma came out after the match and beat Summer down. No word on why Emma didn't get the title shot.

* The Shield beat Adrian Neville, Xavier Woods and Corey Graves in the main event.

August 26th

* AJ Lee defeated Bayley with the WWE Divas Title on the line.

* Conor O'Brian and Rick Victor defeated Ron Hicks and Michael Zaki.

* CJ Parker came out with a new hippie gimmick and squashed Baron Corbin. He was interviewed by Renee Young after the match but Tyler Breeze interrupted him and they got into it.

* Antonio Cesaro beat Sami Zayn in a 2 of 3 Falls Match. Sami got pin 1 but Cesaro got the next two for the win. This was described as one of the best matches from WWE in years. Fans chanted "match of the year" and gave both men standing ovations.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0711/564031/spoilers-wwe-nxt-tapings-for-75-through-726/#ixzz2Yo1TGVAw

No sign of
    Kassius Ohno
    Heading for the main roster or heading for the door? Or maybe just injured.

The only picture of Rebecca Knox I could find yesterday:

k46o83.jpg
    The kids have gone off to college, brothers.

Sheds tear

Tempted to read the spoilers, but I won't.

the divas title match will air in 2 weeks time I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

yes there is a breather match next week
    with Ric Flair's daughter Charlotte making her debut
    and the match is happening the week after that

hopefully Rebecca will be used as a heel because there's a small imbalance since they decided to make Bayley a face as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement