Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Another good show this week. Looking forward to Cesaro and Zayn next week. What happened to Scott Dawson's tag team partner?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Another good show this week. Looking forward to Cesaro and Zayn next week. What happened to Scott Dawson's tag team partner?

He was released recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Luther Ward's profile is up on the website:

20130807_642xvariable_NXT-SSpg-template_lutherward.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/luther-ward-bio

He was Joey Cabray former Irish independent wrestler.

Rebecca Knox update.

Red hair and now gold boots:
    BSM6RvJIEAATduR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

rovert wrote: »
    Luther Ward's profile is up on the website:

20130807_642xvariable_NXT-SSpg-template_lutherward.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/luther-ward-bio

He was Joey Cabray former Irish independent wrestler.

Call 'im Enoch and inflict 'im on the Wyatts. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

So gutted he lost the mask and the dreads.

Love the intrigue when somebody new is coming into NXT. Who are they? What are they? How are they?

This especially so when he/she is one of our own. Hope he gets something good in way of gimmick and story.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    So gutted he lost the mask and the dreads.

Love the intrigue when somebody new is coming into NXT. Who are they? What are they? How are they?

This especially so when he/she is one of our own. Hope he gets something good in way of gimmick and story.

New set of NXT TV tapings are being recorded tomorrow night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I really hope that Rebecca isn't painted as some stereotypical Irish girl!

Lita besuretabesure?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe Sheamus' sister?

• Advertisement

I really hope that Rebecca isn't painted as some stereotypical Irish girl!

They are on a stereotype kick so hope doubly hard:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Well in her case she does have a history of playing that kind of character. Besides Cabray/Ward and Rachelle probably won't get such stereotypical characters. Rebecca is just good at that kind of silliness in wrestling

This week's show with the praised Cesaro vs Zayn 2/3 falls match:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13h3br_wwe-nxt-8-21-13-full-show-hq_sport?search_algo=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

This week's show with the praised Cesaro vs Zayn 2/3 falls match:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13h3br_wwe-nxt-8-21-13-full-show-hq_sport?search_algo=2
    That finish was great some match maybe not worth all the hype but still a very good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    That finish was great some match maybe not worth all the hype but still a very good match.

You mean it wasn't 'the best match WWE’s produced this decade' as Brandon Stroud called it? I agree. I appreciate he had the excitement of being there live and it was a good match but absurd hyperbole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Currently watching. Liked Bayley's hug followed by slamming into the turnbuckle. Be cool if they can do a few more "friendly" moves like that. :)

WWE are all about Wellnesss policy and bring in a hippie character in CJ Parker who wouldn't be out of place with RVD. Though he has kind of ripped off the Emma. Not to mention the name was better used in Baywatch. :) Now just have to wait for BJ Cummings to turn up in NXT.

As for the final match. Wasn't the greatest ever but if they had it on Raw, I think it would boost Cesaro and be a great way to introduce Zayn to the main roster. Also
    another ending that shows what a beast Cesaro is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sami Zayn's running diving tornado DDT through the turnbuckle post (on the outside of the ring) was fantastic as was that Canadian Destroyer looking move he did. Cesaro was in full beast mode though, looked terrific. Got a Match of the Year chant and all. I'd like to see Cesaro use that airborne European Uppercut as a finish also. It's bad ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought he does use it.

I wonder what happened in the crowd at the beginning if the Ziggler match that got the "That was awesome" chant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He threw his shirt into the crowd and there was some scuffle/awesomeness ensuing as a result. Didn't see what it was though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Cesaro/Sami was a very good match thought,not match of the year or anything though.

That Bayley one is a sort of female version of Eugene I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Was all of the 2 out of 3 falls match shown or was some cut?

Mike Johnson of PWInsider says there is continued interest in Prince Devitt. He isn't signing or anything and Mike doesn't know Devitt's New Japan contact status is just that his name keeps getting brought up among people he talks too. Hunter is apparently very high on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Mike Johnson of PWInsider says there is continued interest in Prince Devitt. He isn't signing or anything and Mike doesn't know Devitt's New Japan contact status is just that his name keeps getting brought up among people he talks too. Hunter is apparently very high on him.

Hope he stays where he is most of HHH`s "projects" have been fúcking disasters.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Hope he stays where he is most of HHH`s "projects" have been fúcking disasters.

No one is calling him a Hunter project. If anything he is a Regal guy like Bryan, Cesaro etc.

Am in two minds as to whether I'd like to see the Davitt AND The Bulletclub come to the WWE. Stables are amazing but I think one more could be one too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Love that Cesaro bellowed "Are you not entertained?" at the crowd after the victory..How the E have not managed to do something meaningful with him yet escapes me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Tssk wrote: »
    Love that Cesaro bellowed "Are you not entertained?" at the crowd after the victory..How the E have not managed to do something meaningful with him yet escapes me..

"That's it! A Gladiator gimmick!"

479327-wwe_raw_vince_mcmahon_915197.jpg

Rebecca's NXT name is BECKY LYNCH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Rebecca's NXT name is BECKY LYNCH

Not too bothered with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Sounds like a character from Coronation Street.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement