Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2013/14 Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rovert wrote: »
    Rebecca's NXT name is BECKY LYNCH

How long before her evil sister Claire Lynch joins?

427199_123877977757194_1888404484_n.1349288776_standard_352.1349288879.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Made a joke to the FORMER Rebecca Quin and Joey Cabray based on their new names and guess what Joey started revealing his new character it seems:

2rmbln5.jpg

BSuNekMIYAAjLwx.jpg
    I'll fight ye for a caravan boy #bowsie

BSuN1iSCYAAr9Km.jpg
    A true king #bowsie

BSuPTI-IIAAOjBd.jpg
    No gloves needed #bowsie

The new PPW WWE Battleground will be competed on an unevenly tarmaced driveway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There's no way he got that stuff for the sake of a joke. I'd imagine going by his bio on the NXT site and the get up, we've got a "big fat gypsy" representative in the WWE. Could be good, Micky in Snatch was an interesting character.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ShagNastii wrote: »
    There's no way he got that stuff for the sake of a joke. I'd imagine going by his bio on the NXT site and the get up, we've got a "big fat gypsy" representative in the WWE. Could be good, Micky in Snatch was an interesting character.

They need to go all out on this and have Sheamus revisit his bouncer days by stopping the gypsies from entering the arena. "Nah not tonight boss, last night you were here there was too much trouble fella."

ShagNastii wrote: »
    There's no way he got that stuff for the sake of a joke.

Still taking 100% credit though.

qr1bo6.jpg

• Advertisement

Sami Callihan is:

bildschirmfoto2013-08aiu5w.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wanna play Dance Dance Emmalution

Sami Callihan is:

bildschirmfoto2013-08aiu5w.png

BS4IfI_CIAAYBz9.jpg

:)

Just wondering, will NXT be filmed at the new place in the future? I assume they've already filmed next month's programming at the existing place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I dunno about the "traveller" gimmick Joe Cabray has been given. We'd all get it. But can the north american audience get it?

As said earlier, people might reference Brad Pitt as Mickey in Snatch. But that movie was 13 years ago and if I recall correctly the American version of my big fat gypsy wedding is about american-roma gypsies and is only into it's second season. It's not exactly a mainstream tv show for them.

• Advertisement

I showed the pics to one of the guys here and he instantly said it looked like Brad in Snatch.

Did they just go through the book of Irish stereotypes and come up with one they hadn't used yet? Never heard the guy speak but what's his normal accent like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

His callout videos could be funny :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Traveller gimmick and Bull Dempsey.. Things are looking up.

I think Becky Lynch is the first Divas name that stands out as terrible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I showed the pics to one of the guys here and he instantly said it looked like Brad in Snatch.

Did they just go through the book of Irish stereotypes and come up with one they hadn't used yet? Never heard the guy speak but what's his normal accent like?

He just has a regular dublin accent. But given the gimmick you have to figure he'll put on a traveller voice.

Who knows maybe WWE will tell him to ham it up - "top of the morning to ya wwe universe" - urgh bloody americans :pac:

I dunno about the "traveller" gimmick Joe Cabray has been given. We'd all get it. But can the north american audience get it?

As said earlier, people might reference Brad Pitt as Mickey in Snatch. But that movie was 13 years ago and if I recall correctly the American version of my big fat gypsy wedding is about american-roma gypsies and is only into it's second season. It's not exactly a mainstream tv show for them.

This video has just gone viral:

He just has a regular dublin accent. But given the gimmick you have to figure he'll put on a traveller voice.

Who knows maybe WWE will tell him to ham it up - "top of the morning to ya wwe universe" - urgh bloody americans :pac:

Be funny if he puts on an accent similar to Mickey in Snatch. Be great in promos when no one knows what he's saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone see this weeks? Crowd was so hot for Zayn vs. Swagger...... was it me or did Swagger look out of shape?

Anyone see this weeks? Crowd was so hot for Zayn vs. Swagger...... was it me or did Swagger look out of shape?

No yet but here is the link:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14884w_wwe-nxt-9-4-13-part-1-3-hq_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Wasn't the best idea for him to pull his straps down alright. Loving watching Zayn matches, crowd reactions are great.

Wonder if he would get the same reaction on the main roster.

Looks like Charlotte is taking a couple moves from her dad. Over the turnbuckle and being thrown from the top turnbuckle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Zayn is a good talker as well so I think he'd get over very easily if he was allowed to cut promos

Charlotte was very disappointing. She reminds me too much of Brooke Tessmacher. She comes across as arrogant and bitchy, can't seem to play a face at all. Hopefully they'll switch her back to heel soon enough. I'm enjoying the corruption of Sasha Banks

I love how Bo Dallas has literally changed nothing about his character but has suddenly become one of the best heels on NXT

Booooo!

While watching Zayn, it got me thinking I wonder if they'll ever do an indie faction. Basically guys like Punk, Bryan, Cesaro and others getting together to bring back real wrestling. Maybe they bring in new guys as well. Though that would only work if those guys were never on NXT.

Put me in the camp of liking Zayn/Swagger over Zayn//Ohno.

Really, really like Rusev.

Luther Ward made his debut for NXT tonight at a live event in Tampa. Awful picture but he is the one in black:

BTb31MPIcAExj7a.jpg

Nice to see him progress even in a small way.

Really, really like Rusev.

Is he that Bulgarian wrestler?

Reminds me of a cross between Samoa Joe and Pumola (This guy) from Bloodsport

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Reminds me of a cross between Samoa Joe and Pumola (This guy) from Bloodsport

Or Hakan from Street Fighter.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW2vfsA5OVGaKt673gBsa5I9KpgM0xRZc4W21mg5JGCevTYoSVzw

20h3jm0.png

This could be unreal. Sami's homecoming at a WWE live event.

French Canadians are very patriotic and love their own. You may remember La Resistance getting Rock level reactions when they ran Raw in that city.

Ohno seems to have turned things around thankfully appearing on last night's tapings:

166j5si.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

independent wrestler and SHINE Wrestling star Santana Garrett apparently worked a tryout match at the tapings against Charlotte. It's probably going to be a dark match as the reports said another Divas segment came afterwards and they waited until Charlotte and Bayley had gone to the back before coming out. Santana is a new face on the indie scene but she's very good and would make a nice addition to the roster. Plus she's gorgeous as well

• Advertisement

Undertaker, Michelle McCool and Tensai earlier this week.

Taker told Sasha that Sasha Banks vs Bailey was his favourite Diva's match in a long time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement