Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 23 Transfers.

• 12-01-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭

After Defoe drawing another blank today, it could be time to move him out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Invincible wrote: »
    After Defoe drawing another blank today, it could be time to move him out.

dropping in price tonight too.

but with adebayor gone now i wouldn't rush to get him out.

edit: if anyone has him already and plans to keep him, if your wildcard is active for this new GW ship him out today and get get him back in tomorrow for .1 less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Defoe has been poor for ages. 1 goal and no assists in 7 games.

I shipped him a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ba > Podolski for me barring any injury or something mad happening tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I need a Torres replacement. I am thinking Lambert or may go for a sneaky punt on an Arsenal attacker like Podolski ahead of the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I need a Torres replacement. I am thinking Lambert or may go for a sneaky punt on an Arsenal attacker like Podolski ahead of the DGW.

Podolski is where i would go for the DGW,makes a whole lot of sense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Bale to Walcott for the Double GW with my 1 free transfer.

I can then switch back next week or should I keep Walcott and sell Defoe for Tevez?

I have Mata,Michu,Fellaini,Santi,Walcott,RVP, Defoe/Tevez and Pogrebnyak(bench).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

unkymo wrote: »
    Bale to Walcott for the Double GW with my 1 free transfer.

I can then switch back next week or should I keep Walcott and sell Defoe for Tevez?

I have Mata,Michu,Fellaini,Santi,Walcott,RVP, Defoe/Tevez and Pogrebnyak(bench).

Defoe to Tevez could be good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Aguero is supposed to be back in a week. I'm holding on to Dzeko for now and going with a 3-5-2 formation. Waiting for Zabaleta to move up so I can trade him for someone cheap, and eventually downgrade A Cole. I'm thinking Lukaku in for Berba in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

And so it begins.....

2,500 bring in Walcott today even though he is yet to play this weekend.

If the same amount decide to bring him in over the next few hours his price will rise.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Like others, Torres out and Podolski in, even though hero Fernando scored one point more than I expected today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Have to wait till 2moro - bringing in a city player of some description. Maybe Zab. If dzeko plays well and scores i might hold off to friday for aguero news and consider berba to dzeko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

unless some injury forces my hand, think i'll hold my ft this week. take my chances on just the 2 (Walcott and Gibbs) for the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No City attacking cover bothers me for this week,really does worry me tbh.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

looking at previous years tomorrow should be a very low scoring game between arsenal and city but i'll be looking to get some city attacking cover for next week v fulham at home

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ba to aguero if hes fit if not Ba to podolski

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Defoe definitely out, Tevez probably to replace him, due a flurry of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Luiz to Gibbs most likely. May change Berbatov to Podolski or Aguero if fit.

I was planning Nastasic to Gibbs or Sagna for the DGW but Arsenal are terrible at the back and haven't the easiest of fixtures.

So I'm now thinking Torres to Podolski. I'm still not sure who to ship Torres out for (Lambert being the most likely candidate at the minute) but I still can't ignore the fact that if I change Nastasic for a cheapie I have the cash there to get Aguero in and have the mother of all front 3s - Suarez, RVP, Aguero. Not to mention a good 5 behind them - Mata, Bale, Michu, Walcott and the perennial bench warmer Puncheon.

i'm actually looking at Lukaku after seeing motd last night. he was absolutely on fire. West Brom's fixtures aren't too bad either. price 6.4. edit actually fixtures maybe not so good, though Villa at home in the next one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »
    i'm actually looking at Lukaku after seeing motd last night. he was absolutely on fire. West Brom's fixtures aren't too bad either. price 6.4

He's certainly keeping Long out of the spotlight.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »

He's certainly keeping Long out of the spotlight.

he was just amazing last night. but the worry is that might be just a flash in the pan. he's shown no real consistent form to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I was planning Nastasic to Gibbs or Sagna for the DGW but Arsenal are terrible at the back and haven't the easiest of fixtures.

So I'm now thinking Torres to Podolski. I'm still not sure who to ship Torres out for (Lambert being the most likely candidate at the minute) but I still can't ignore the fact that if I change Nastasic for a cheapie I have the cash there to get Aguero in and have the mother of all front 3s - Suarez, RVP, Aguero. Not to mention a good 5 behind them - Mata, Bale, Michu, Walcott and the perennial bench warmer Puncheon.

Who's your goalies and defenders? You can't have much money left over with those 8.

irish son wrote: »

Who's your goalies and defenders? You can't have much money left over with those 8.

My team:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

My team:

Thanks, was just curious what kind of back line that would leave you with. I can see why you didn't bother wildcarding yet, there's not much to change, maybe just Torres as you said yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Will O'Brien make it back for the doubler next week? Haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone suggest a Torres replacement?

I was thinking of Podolski but I think Arsenal may rotate with the fixture back log they have.

Anyone suggest a Torres replacement?

I was thinking of Podolski but I think Arsenal may rotate with the fixture back log they have.

Reckon pod will be ok. The mighty Gerv is away on acon duty. Though he will be subbed off in both, guaranteed. I don't think the poor fecker has been given 90 mins in the pl yet

A Torres replacement? And you have your wildcard?

I think Podolski might be the right choice. Or take a risk on someone like a Cisse?

I was hoping that the Arsenal - City game would inform me on whether it was necessary to do a Cazorla -> Walcott switch for the DGW.

The game was of no help at all and I really need to make my decision by tonight.

S.M.B. wrote: »

I think Podolski might be the right choice. Or take a risk on someone like a Cisse?

I was hoping that the Arsenal - City game would inform me on whether it was necessary to do a Cazorla -> Walcott switch for the DGW.

The game was of no help at all and I really need to make my decision by tonight.

I'm holding my wildcard until Aguero gets back and I'll more than likely use it to work him in.

I'm happy with 90% of the rest of my team. The likely lads at the minute include Lambert, Pod, Dzeko and Tevez.

My worry with Pod is Giroud coming in for him today.

• Advertisement

Ageuro will probably be back next weekend.

Problem solved!

I'm holding my wildcard until Aguero gets back and I'll more than likely use it to work him in.

I'm happy with 90% of the rest of my team. The likely lads at the minute include Lambert, Pod, Dzeko and Tevez.

My worry with Pod is Giroud coming in for him today.

there's a chance aguero will b back this wk if not sturridge could be worth a shout home to norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Cazorla looked tired and ineffective to me. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see him rested for one of the dgw matches. If I was you i'd fire ahead with that transfer,walcott is a much greater threat.

I had planned on bringing in caz just for the dgw but am having second thoughts now. Wilshere,nolan and j.cole are the only real alternatives (will be replacing with bale the following week and already have walcott)

I hate sideways transfers like that, and it prevents me from getting Fellaini into my team as planned.

Is Walcott guaranteed 2 games this weekend? I would have thought there's more competition for his place than there is for Santis.

And the stats seem to say that Santi had a better game than Walcott today (but that doesn't say a whole lot given the way the game went)

Hmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thinking of getting rid of Defoe,twice I've had him in the team & twice he's let me down.Spurs are playing United next.

Possible alternatives are Tevez @ Home to a poor Fulham or Podolski with a DGW.

zerks wrote: »
    Thinking of getting rid of Defoe,twice I've had him in the team & twice he's let me down.Spurs are playing United next.

Possible alternatives are Tevez @ Home to a poor Fulham or Podolski with a DGW.

I was looking at Podolski but Arsenal have a bit of fixture congestion and he didn't play 60 minutes in the last two matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Doing Sturridge for Ba. Had planned this for my WC anyway instead of Swarez. WCing after next DGW. Sturridge may do something like happened to Ba last year. Sturridge to rise and Ba to drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Did you see how terrible Cazorla was? Wilshere was doing everything.

I've decided I'm going to wait until the midweek ties are over before I make my move.

Cazorla will ideally be rested for that game if Wenger feels he's in need of a break.

I still don't trust Walcotts fitness record. I know he'll tweak his hamstring as soon as I bring him in.

It may cost me .1 million but sure easy come easy go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Luiz to Vermaelen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Caulker out, Bertrand in.
    Risky move on my part :(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Eathrin wrote: »
    Caulker out, Bertrand in.
    Risky move on my part :(

I've tried it twice. I didn't work either time.

I switched Caulker to Naughton last week at a four point hit and that move justified itself completley. Whether or not Naughton stays long term is another matter.

I've decided I'm going to wait until the midweek ties are over before I make my move.

Cazorla will ideally be rested for that game if Wenger feels he's in need of a break.

I still don't trust Walcotts fitness record. I know he'll tweak his hamstring as soon as I bring him in.

It may cost me .1 million but sure easy come easy go.

I'm doing the same. I'm actually thinking now (having read Jolim's post over on the Wildcard thread) that Lukaka may be a good option.

West Brom have Villa at home next weekend as well.

He'd do for the couple of weeks until Aguero is back to full fitness and I'm ready to bring him in.

I think that, even if he is back next weekend, he'll have missed the guts of three weeks so probably won't start.

I'm doing the same. I'm actually thinking now (having read Jolim's post over on the Wildcard thread) that Lukaka may be a good option.

West Brom have Villa at home next weekend as well.

He'd do for the couple of weeks until Aguero is back to full fitness and I'm ready to bring him in.

I think that, even if he is back next weekend, he'll have missed the guts of three weeks so probably won't start.
    Your Aguero logic could be right may do dzeko this week and then upgrade to Aguero.

Your Aguero logic could be right may do dzeko this week and then upgrade to Aguero.

Dzeko is in my list of potentials top but I'm just worried about Balotelli.

Aguero is nailed on to start every game when he's fit unless there's fixture congestion but he's the only City striker you can say that about.

Dzeko is in my list of potentials top but I'm just worried about Balotelli.

Aguero is nailed on to start every game when he's fit unless there's fixture congestion but he's the only City striker you can say that about.
    absolutely I got aguero in as soon as city went out of the champs lge he also rotates perfectly with rvp for potential capt choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ares wrote: »
    I've tried it twice. I didn't work either time.

I switched Caulker to Naughton last week at a four point hit and that move justified itself completley. Whether or not Naughton stays long term is another matter.

Waste of a transfer if all you get is one clean sheet, Assou Ekotto is fit again and he will be taking over at Left Back for certain, thought it would be on saturday but almost certainly for this weekend, Caulker would be much better in the long run because he may not play every week but when he does it will be 90 minutes or nothing, with Naughton you might get 10 or 15 minutes here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

gerrard + de gea (united and pool should pick up form for the run in)
    bale + bego (spurs normally slump a bit at the run in and can't see bego keeping as many clean sheets as in the first half of the season)

long term?

c55244ae629523d94b31cfa37de1d69b.png?1358167267

Just something for people to watch out for when planning transfers, particularly around two of the DGW teams, Arsenal and Chelsea, for the next few weeks:

Chelsea fixtures:

Wed 16: Southampton (Lge)
    Sun 20: Arsenal (Lge)
    Wed 23: Swansea (Lge Cup)
    Sun 27: Southend/Bradford (FA Cup)
    Wed 30: Reading (Lge)
    Sat 2: Newcastle (Lge)

Arsenal fixtures:

Wed 16: Swansea (FA Cup)
    Sun 20: Chelsea (Lge)
    Wed 23: West Ham (Lge)
    Sat/Sun 27: FA Cup game if beat Swansea (FA Cup)
    Wed 30: Liverpool (Lge)
    Sat 2nd: Stoke (Lge)

Both teams have six games in the next three weeks, two games a week. I wouldn't be surprised to see rotation from either team, particularly Chelsea. There is a chance there to rest players against Southend/Bradford for Rafa in the cup but they still have 3 games to play in the next seven days before then. I've certainly discounted Ba because I just can't see him being guaranteed 90 every week and I'm not paying 9 million for a striker like that when Lambert and Lukaku are hoovering up points and are much cheaper.

As for Arsenal, I can see the likes of Sagna or Gibbs being rested and Santos or Jenkinson getting a run. Perhaps it'll be in the cup games but its something I'm watching. For example, I was thinking about Podolski for the DGW but he hasn't even reached 60 minutes in the past two matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've already earmarked Lukaku for Ba, and leaving Mata as my Chelsea cover.

Walcott is an iffy one for the following week, as i'll then have enough for Bale if I sell him, but i know Theo can have a barnstorming week at any point.

i also ultimately want City cover...be that Silva or Aguero.

Suarez could be chopped in a couple of weeks depending on how his partnership with Sturridge looks.

i could technically go...

Ba
    > Lukaku
    Walcott
    > Bale
    Suarez
    > Aguero

over the next few weeks.

interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

I was half thinking of bringing in Podolski for the DGW before yesterday but I can see Giroud coming back in for a game possibly.

Walcott is not a viable option for Wenger up front on his own. He just can't hold the ball up. He's an out and out winger and a braindead one at that who's found out against better quality defenders. With the likes of Stoke and Liverpool coming up, I can see him being pushed out to the wing.

I only have Gibbs for the DGW and one FT. I can't justify bringing any other Arsenal player in at the moment until the midweek games are over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement