Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 23 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I think the London games will go ahead. A big city like London should cope with any snow. Podolski and Gibbs in for me anyways. Basically one week punts. Plus Pod is on penos. Was considering Giroud but not sure if he will start. Might do with Walcott pushed out to the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Ice87 wrote: »
    Anyone considering transferring Giroud in?

i dont think giroud played well against swansea, he just seems to lack that final touch. then again that's been true of walcott the last few games so id like to be proven wrong.

edit: also he's not guaranteed 180 minutes. briefly he came on with walcott where they played two up front if i remember the game against man city correctly, but that was a substitution move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I'm still not convinced by Walcott. Taking a chance on Wilshire this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Watched highlight of FA cup just now and Walcott looked really good. He had some chances, and was really close to score. Arsenal was quite unlucky in this game - few times the ball bounced off the last Swansea defender, who was very close to goal line. Wilshere looked very good too. To Wilshere, or not to? Already made one risky transfer this week, Wilshere could offer not too much to take 4point hit... One day left to make that call, hope the weather won't stop any of the teams from playing.

Excellent pick.

This is my logic with Walcott:

I may not be convinced, but Wenger is and Arsenal have no choice but to be. If Walcott doesn't score something like 20+ goals by end of season, Arsenal are downright farked. I think Arsenal will hit 4th and at least 5th, ergo Walcott will be a scoring machine.

Terrible logic, ain't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Wilshire never gets FF points. Why would you pick him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

He played just behind the striker midweek & has got a lot of praise for his performance there .

If he stays in that position he's worth keep an eye on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Exactly, the lad is quality player, but a FF selection he aint... even with a double gameweek, he will get around 4 points, 2 x appearance, 1 clean sheet and a yellow card... Gibbs, Cazorla and Walcott would be the wiser choices IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Exactly, the lad is quality player, but a FF selection he aint... even with a double gameweek, he will get around 4 points, 2 x appearance, 1 clean sheet and a yellow card... Gibbs, Cazorla and Walcott would be the wiser choices IMO

i watched the whole arsenal match as **** as it was anyways...

i have santi in my ff team and wilshere was playing in the position were i thought santo would of being playing sitting behind giroud and walcott...

if hes going to play there from now on he could be a ff player imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Only debate for me is whether to take Ba out for Podolski. Whats the general consensus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Only debate for me is whether to take Ba out for Podolski. Whats the general consensus?

Done that last night, chance of Ba being rested Vs Podolski having DGW and penalty duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

joey o'brien is fit for any of you waitng on news about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Whats everyone's thinking on Mertesacker? should he play the two games from the start I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Really? Where dya see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Pulled the trigger on Ba to Giroud. I just can't see Wenger playing Walcott up front again against Chelsea and I don't think Pod will start in the centre. Worth a gamble for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ice87 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on Ba to Giroud. I just can't see Wenger playing Walcott up front again against Chelsea and I don't think Pod will start in the centre. Worth a gamble for a week.

Your username is giving me the Shivers. Bad omen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just got in A.Snowman,decent prospect of a good score tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hogey007 wrote: »

Great. Any word on Noble yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

thunderdog wrote: »
    Great. Any word on Noble yet?

Just checked there. Noble is fit for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

thunderdog wrote: »

Just checked there. Noble is fit for the weekend

He could be a cheap replacement for Piennar considering his DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

irishfeen wrote: »
    Whats everyone's thinking on Mertesacker? should he play the two games from the start I wonder?

He appeared out of favour before Koscielny's red card. I wouldn't recommend bringing him in for this GW.

I think I'll captain Walcott. Great record against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think I'll captain Walcott. Great record against Chelsea.

Seems to be the choice of the masses this GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Podolski missed training today cause he was sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Any word on Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Podolski missed training today cause he was sick!

That would be superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Because his performances are getting better and better. Santi isn't consistent and Walcott may do something amazing every seven games or so but he's still not the clinical finisher Arsenal need. Very little people will have Wilshire too and I think there's a chance he might get an assist or two this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone taking a punt on Chamakh this DGW? Can he play v Arsenal or is he blocked?

8-10 wrote: »
    Anyone taking a punt on Chamakh this DGW? Can he play v Arsenal or is he blocked?

can't play v arsenal and even if he could the answer would still be no to taking a punt on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Bale to Fellaini, Walcott Captain. Happy enough so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

BroLo wrote: »
    Bale to Fellaini, Walcott Captain. Happy enough so far.

I made the same move but just seen in the weather warning thread theres a high chance the Southampton Vs Everton game will be called off!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I made the same move but just seen in the weather warning thread theres a high chance the Southampton Vs Everton game will be called off!:mad:

Fellaini and Puncheon in for another DGW so, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Sterling and Ba > Walcott and C. Cole.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Sterling and Ba > Walcott and C. Cole.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Yes, wait and see what games are cancelled if any.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Yes, wait and see what games are cancelled if any.

that, and also i coulda sworn i heard something the other day about west ham looking to ger rid of cole. i could be wrong. but they have got paulista now in any case and also chamakh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Because his performances are getting better and better. Santi isn't consistent and Walcott may do something amazing every seven games or so but he's still not the clinical finisher Arsenal need. Very little people will have Wilshire too and I think there's a chance he might get an assist or two this week.

I brought him in yesterday for the same reason. Although things are not going my way. I used my wildcard this week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have Walcott and Gibbs but want to get third Arsenal player. Can't decide between Wilshere or Podolski. Help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

federici begovic
    mertesacker shorey ivanovic cuellar mccauley
    bale michu sterling mata puncheon
    ba torres suarez

.4 mil in bank & 2 f/t
    I am thinking of taking my first 4 point hit of the season and then using my Jan wildcard next week. Thinking of selling federici for Szczsney. Thoughts? Who would ye buy for
    Torres
    Cuellar
    ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have Walcott and Gibbs but want to get third Arsenal player. Can't decide between Wilshere or Podolski. Help!

Wait until this gw is over,it's a DGW for Arsenal (weather permitting)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Might hold out on any transfers until the last minute, just in case some games are called off

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Pienaar --> Nolan/ J.Cole for a 4 point hit

Should it be done and which which one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

RB100 wrote: »
    Pienaar --> Nolan/ J.Cole for a 4 point hit

Should it be done and which which one??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

No.

not even worth it for the DGW the west ham have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That west ham potentially have. How many points above the 4pt hit would you expect from a Joe Cole out of interest? Bear in mind it would have to be more than Pienaar's score too if their game goes ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

One game is away to Arsenal, so you are relying on the QPR game for returns. Nolan has 16 points in his last 10 games. J. Cole hasn't played 90 mins 2 weeks in a row all season, so wouldn't be banking on him to suddenly play 90 mins twice in 4 days.

And as 8-10 pointed out, you have to consider what Pienaar might do, and he plays Southampton.

Then, you are stuck with a player who realistically you don't want for the rest of the season, in your team. So that's going to cost you another transfer down the line.

So, no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Holding on till 11:25 tomorrow to see what's called off. If they all go ahead don't know who to sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Have 3 Chelsea players want to get rid of one so either
    Luiz to Zab
    or
    Ba to Dzeko/Aguero.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

8-10 wrote: »
    That west ham potentially have. How many points above the 4pt hit would you expect from a Joe Cole out of interest? Bear in mind it would have to be more than Pienaar's score too if their game goes ahead.

He would have to get Pienars score + 5 to be worth it. (4 for points hit and at least 1 point gain)

So if Piennar gets 2 then he would have to get at least a 7. If you think he is capable of that then work ahead.

Have 3 Chelsea players want to get rid of one so either
    Luiz to Zab
    or
    Ba to Dzeko/Aguero.
    Any suggestions?

luiz to zab.fulham are weak, luiz is overpriced the way he's playing right now (at least i think so.)

the man city striker situation is still too pending for a move in gw23. aguero is supposedly fit to play, however. at the same time i think ba will get the 90 and very likely to score at least 1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement