Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 23 Transfers.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Not really a transfer, I have Noble and McCarthy in my team, which one do ye think I should play?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is James Tomkins likely to play both games? Especially with Collins ruled out

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Am tempted to take a gamble and get Papiss Cisse, just have a gut feeling that with Ba gone he'll turn it on again

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Achtung! All games may be off, traces of Zebra found in Tesco barcodes:)

Am tempted to take a gamble and get Papiss Cisse, just have a gut feeling that with Ba gone he'll turn it on again

Back on topic. Checo you may have a point, plenty of options out there but Newcastle's fixtures are quite good and with Cabaye coming back he could do well.

Ive up to 6m to spend on an arsenal or west ham defender. I already ahve Gibbs and Jask, which other defender do I go with? Doing my wildcard after.

Will O'Brien play both games? Is Sagna a better option? Or to go with Reid?

Depending on fixtures does it have to be WH or Arsenal? Zabaleta a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Back on topic. Checo you may have a point, plenty of options out there but Newcastle's fixtures are quite good and with Cabaye coming back he could do well.

Not a bad idea at all, Newcastle needs a win, and after few heavy fixtures behind, they finally have a chance to get 3 points. But - as it often happens in PL, Reading can bite... Still, their easiest game in weeks, so good chance Cisse scores some points. The only problem is he costs as much as Tevez, so i wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

are either podolski or giroud going to get to play more than 60 minutes in both games this week ? have walcott, but wouldnt mind bringing in an arsenal 'forward'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

are either podolski or giroud going to get to play more than 60 minutes in both games this week ? have walcott, but wouldnt mind bringing in an arsenal 'forward'

my plan all along was to bring in podolski for ba, but as was pointed out earlier in the thread podolski hasn't made the 60 minute mark in his last 2 PL games and also missed training yesterday due to illness.

If i knew Giroud was going to play both I'd take a chance on him but he might play one match (chelsea away) and podolski the other. think i might just leave Ba there for this week and either keep the transfer for next week or else bring in an extra west ham defender.
    tempted by tevez either, i think he should start despite aguero being back but i might hold off and see how ba does?? opinions on Ba to tevez??

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    my plan all along was to bring in podolski for ba, but as was pointed out earlier in the thread podolski hasn't made the 60 minute mark in his last 2 PL games and also missed training yesterday due to illness.

If i knew Giroud was going to play both I'd take a chance on him but he might play one match (chelsea away) and podolski the other. think i might just leave Ba there for this week and either keep the transfer for next week or else bring in an extra west ham defender.
    tempted by tevez either, i think he should start despite aguero being back but i might hold off and see how ba does?? opinions on Ba to tevez??

thinking I might leave ba there myself :) - looking at transferring out a defender at the moment. Still had Cuellar in my team and I already have O'Brien but dont fancy the other west ham defenders. Might just go and get someone like Clyne in for cover. Give me room to spend another week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hogey007 wrote: »

Ba to Tevez is a hard choice to make, had Ba, but got Podolski in with W/C before price rise, changed him for Agüero since. City forward selection is unpredictable. Swapped Mata for Gerrard, undecided on whether to downgrade Gerrard and bring in Suárez for Lambert, other front 2 being Agüero & RVP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Achtung! All games may be off, traces of Zebra found in Tesco barcodes:)

or kangaroo :D

Thinking of taking a 4 point hit to swap Berbs and Luiz to P Cisse and Demel. What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thinking of taking a 4 point hit to swap Berbs and Luiz to P Cisse and Demel. What do you guys think?

I think you would be making your team weaker there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

boring as hell-Demel in for Harte leaving me with this week:

Bego (Federici)
    Gibbs Debuchy Demel (Pearce) (Luiz)
    Mata Walcott(c) Bale Pienaar (Marveaux)
    Ba RvP Suarez(v)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Should Noble play this weekend?

What's the WH Midfield likelihood, with Cole there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    boring as hell-Demel in for Harte leaving me with this week:

Bego (Federici)
    Gibbs Debuchy Demel (Pearce) (Luiz)
    Mata Walcott(c) Bale Pienaar (Marveaux)
    Ba RvP Suarez(v)

You're going to leave Ba in then! Im unsure whether or not to put Dzeko in for him! Have a feeling City could run riot today and i have zero coverage in my whole team!

You're going to leave Ba in then! Im unsure whether or not to put Dzeko in for him! Have a feeling City could run riot today and i have zero coverage in my whole team!

Chelsea Arsenal games are usually good for goals. i just cant leave Ba out. i have Luiz last sub. something tells me he'll get sent off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

I'd just change Luiz for Ars defender, Berbatov is a viable point scorer...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

im just about to push the button on ba to aguero for the exact same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

im just about to push the button on ba to aguero for the exact same reason

Cant afford aguero! Its dzeko or nothing for me but tempted to just leave it as it is too! Decisions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Very tempted by Lukaku for Berbatov, but I know it's just their respective fixtures that's doing it so I think I'll leave it be. Have also been contemplating Gibbs for Rafael, but DGW aside I think I'd rather have Raf going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sitting here hovering over Bale to Walcott. It would be a 4 point hit. Someone talk me out of it.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Sitting here hovering over Bale to Walcott. It would be a 4 point hit. Someone talk me out of it.

Ooh, tempting.............................................................

• Advertisement

Ooh, tempting.............................................................

Thats not helping MM! Still hovering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

do it now.............:)

redarmy wrote: »
    do it now.............:)

would he not be better getting in Diaby

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4 point hit

Kept Ba
    Suarez in for Berbatov & Az in for Luiz!

Wouldn't had Az in last week if I didn't read all this talk of him not getting a game. Oh well lets see a Suarez hat trick again...

would he not be better getting in Diaby

Done. And I captained him. How do you like them apples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mr Moon wrote: »

Kept Ba
    Suarez in for Berbatov & Az in for Luiz!

Why did you downgrade Luiz to Az? I assume its to get cash for Suarez but would you not have gone with someone else? Terry's back training, I wouldn't expect Az to get more games and they have Arsenal this week so I think a 1 or 2 pointer is most likely!

Done. And I captained him. How do you like them apples.

there's no way you got Diaby :)

there's no way you got Diaby :)

As an Arsenal fan, I have no idea who this Diaby is that you speak of.

As an Arsenal fan, I have no idea who this Diaby is that you speak of.

As a Liverpool fan, i remember he was man of the match when ye beat us 2-0 :( he was ridiculously good that day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

roryc wrote: »

Why did you downgrade Luiz to Az? I assume its to get cash for Suarez but would you not have gone with someone else? Terry's back training, I wouldn't expect Az to get more games and they have Arsenal this week so I think a 1 or 2 pointer is most likely!
    He's playing well, hoping he keeps his spot if not I can downgrade and yes I needed the funds to get Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hazard and berba to walcot and tevez, purely for this weeks fixtures, wild card will be played next week

obrien to enrique for me

really wanted lukaku but i couldnt drop suarez, lambert and feel
    ba will get a goal v arse so not worth the risk
    wouldnt mind noble but cant drop michu, mata caz walc or lennon
    walc caz gibbs and ob for doubles
    what can possibly go wrong?
    benched michu in favour of lennon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I find it quite amazing, that despite the 15 of December, Gerrard has being scoring consistently, with 5 points or more per game, and yet his value in such a time has only risen by .1 :confused: He must be the most in form midfielder atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I find it quite amazing, that despite the 15 of December, Gerrard has being scoring consistently, with 5 points or more per game, and yet his value in such a time has only risen by .1 :confused: He must be the most in form midfielder atm.
    Liverpool's run is tough atm maybe after the next 2 gws

id love to have 5 strikers this weekend and not bothered that none
    are arsenal

dzeko looks so good for a goal or two and lukaku
    hard to drop suarez given he got a hatrick away to norw
    lambert scores most games lately and is the best value forward atm
    if ba only starts then he'll probably outscore the other two....If

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any sense in switching Suarez to Sturridge pretty soon?would like to get Bale in asap

amber69 wrote: »
    Liverpool's run is tough atm maybe after the next 2 gws

Whatever about later on, his form up to now has been amazing, and he has only risen by .1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Whatever about later on, his form up to now has been amazing, and he has only risen by .1

Most people probably don't want two Liverpool attackers, and Suarez is the more logical buy imo

titan18 wrote: »
    Most people probably don't want two Liverpool attackers, and Suarez is the more logical buy imo

Fair enough, but I disagree.

RB100 wrote: »
    Pienaar --> Nolan/ J.Cole for a 4 point hit

Should it be done and which which one??

did you go for joe cole in the end ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dahat wrote: »
    Any sense in switching Suarez to Sturridge pretty soon?would like to get Bale in asap

Been giving it serious thought myself.

I have Gerrard and Suarez at the moment and Sturridge starting is going to result in both dropping deeper in my opinion.

Mind you, both are are on a run of very good form. I might just swap Suarez out as the saving of near 3 million is significant.

Advertisement