Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to xbox live anymore

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I've gotten a new laptop which has windows 8 and I can't get my Xbox to connect to it. My previous laptop was an XP. On that I just shared my internet connection to the LAN and it worked fine.

I've done the exact same steps on my windows 8 laptop and it just doesn't work. I share my o2 broadband connection with the Ethernet but under Ethernet icon it says "unidentified network". I've been looking up solutions for couple hours but couldn't get them to work.

Any help would be really appreciated!!! Driving me nuts

P.S: I'm using the original Ethernet cable that came with the Xbox (same one I was using with windows XP setup)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there a firewall setting on the new laptop? Ive found that to be the main problem when ive done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is there a firewall setting on the new laptop? Ive found that to be the main problem when ive done this.

Already tried unfortunately. I completely disabled the firewall temporarily but still had luck.

I'm able to get an adhoc setup but that shares my connection wirelessly, I still want to figure out if I can share it via the Ethernet port

Advertisement