Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US immigration with J1 Graduate Visa

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm heading to Boston in 5 weeks on a graduate Visa. I was wondering is there any documentation I need Bart passport which contains my visa?

Thanks
    LL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You'll need:
    • your DS-2019
    • your SEVIS receipt
    • the receipt from your DS-160
    • the address where you'll be staying when you first arrive. If you're staying in a hostel, a receipt of your payment for the length you'll be staying there will help.
    • A job offer letter if you have a job lined up, if not a bank statement proving you can provide for yourself while you look for a job

Your J1 provider should give you a final list of items to present at the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

lil_lisa wrote: »
    You'll need:
    • your DS-2019
    • your SEVIS receipt
    • the receipt from your DS-160
    • the address where you'll be staying when you first arrive. If you're staying in a hostel, a receipt of your payment for the length you'll be staying there will help.
    • A job offer letter if you have a job lined up, if not a bank statement proving you can provide for yourself while you look for a job

Your J1 provider should give you a final list of items to present at the border.

Thanks a million, wasn't told any of that, I was just told to mail them when I get there. Really appreciate it.

Advertisement