Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS

Options
  • 12-01-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I recently got a postcard (in the post) from UPS in Shannon stating that they couldn't deliver my package as they didn't have my address!! this was before the first dilivery attempt was even made. My address and mobile number was on the package.

The 5cam is; they get you to call a 1890 number which can cost 5 to 10 euro on a mobile, after talking to verious computers they charge you a fee to 'update your details'

I did NOT call the number.I returned the postcard with a note saying; 'please fix this to my package and pop it back in the post, Thanks'.

When I looked at my order details on the website of the company that sold me the item, I noticed that the order was still marked as pending (not dispatched), so I emailed them; 'before you dispatch my item, please ensure that the 'standard delivery service' that you use is capable of delivering to the given address and/or is capable of following simple delivery instructions'.

I just recieved an email from UPS; 'your package will be in the next post'... RESULT!!

I hope this info can help someone in a similar situation.

p.s. The title of this post has been censored! it did say UPS **** (a word that rhymes with spam)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

strange, normally they ring your mobile number if they cant find you house.
    was it around christmas that your package was due.
    i had to go the nearest ups package centre(35 miles away) over christmas, as the ups driver couldn't be bothered,it seems, to call as far as my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alive063

@blade1 No, even before the first dilivery attempt they found I was not on their 'building directory' (whatever that is!)
    This is apparently enough to stall a 'standard delivery'
    Maybe they shouldn't accept a package if they know before hand that they are unable to deliver it.
    There are plenty of delivery services that are able to deliver or phone the number on the package for help!
    The idea here is simply to extract a bit of wonga from you while they hold your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Most courier drivers get to know you so at least future deliveries should be ok.
    I'm afraid some are downright lazy - I once had two parcels left behind a neighbours house in the rain on different days although I was at home.
    I now include my Loc8 GPS code in my address. At least if they have a garmin sat nav they have no excuse for not finding you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Alive063 wrote: »
    The 5cam is; they get you to call a 1890 number which can cost 5 to 10 euro on a mobile, after talking to verious computers they charge you a fee to 'update your details'

where's the scam - come on lets us know please please please.

1890 number is a lo-call number. the fact that YOUR mobile phone provider charges you for calling is their issue not a UPS issue.

The moment you put that stupid accusation in your post I simply refused to believe anything else as you quite clearly expand the truth quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alive063

From http://www.bublin.eu/ripoff/ripoff.php?id=47

When Lo-Call ain't Cheap

1890 Phone Numbers pride themselves as 'Lo-Call' numbers, but this is not always the case. 'Lo-call' refers to the ability to call an 1890 number from a mobile phone for the cost of calling from a landline. However, not only are 1890 phone numbers not included in a mobile phone monthly plan, but additional charges often incur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement