Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Samsung Galaxy S3 In-Car Holder £10.59 @ Amazon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bromley52 wrote: »
    Official Galaxy S3 In-Car Holder £10.59 @ Amazon
    Also works with other smartphones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Y94CPO
    will it hold a lumia 800?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

similar? they're completely different

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=4240
    S3 is wider, so as long as you secure the phone properly with some foam you're be grand. I'm getting it for my HTC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    similar? they're completely different

pretty identical

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

identical? the one OP linked to is a fixed size one, your one is one of those "one size fits all" meaning it's bulky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

I bought one of these last nov - its is a great holder and will also hold the s3 with otterbox casing on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004WOBMIY/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

That is a much better dock. It will charge the phone (you need to add your own charger) and will but the phone into car mode when docked. Unlike the OP's dock it isn't a samsung generic dock, only works with the SIII. And you can dock it with a slim case attached (eg. casemate barely there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    identical? the one OP linked to is a fixed size one, your one is one of those "one size fits all" meaning it's bulky

That's a massive difference aritey :rolleyes:

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

donnacha wrote: »
    I bought one of these last nov - its is a great holder and will also hold the s3 with otterbox casing on.

Thanks for the feedback about otterbox, as I have an s3 in an otterbox.
    But are you talking about the lidl one?

Also can you rotate the phone to lanscape mode, and use the camera to record the road? or is the camera's view covered by the body of the holder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

the hard plastic on the corners cuts into phone on this.

unklerosco wrote: »

That is a much better dock. It will charge the phone (you need to add your own charger) and will but the phone into car mode when docked. Unlike the OP's dock it isn't a samsung generic dock, only works with the SIII. And you can dock it with a slim case attached (eg. casemate barely there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Thanks for the feedback about otterbox, as I have an s3 in an otterbox.
    But are you talking about the lidl one?

Also can you rotate the phone to lanscape mode, and use the camera to record the road? or is the camera's view covered by the body of the holder?

No problem. Its the samsung one that OP posted I'm using.

Yes you can rotate to landscape, and thats pretty much the only way the camera will work if you want to record the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

bladespin wrote: »
    pretty identical

Price aside, the Official Samsung holder is the real-deal, the main feature is the quality of the materials on the suction pad - I've had a couple of generic ones and this is where they tend to fall down (literally). Also the plastic is less brittle on the samsung holder, so less prone to accidental damage.

In all honesty I'd avoid the generic ones if you value your phone, that being said though the usual price quoted for the official samsung holders are outrageous normally, so this is a very good price indeed.

IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i bought the lidl one today the s3 does not fit in it properly even when fully opened its a tight fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

That lidl one wont hold the HTC One X, so I doubt it'll hold the Galaxy 3

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

The lidl one fits my Nokia Lumia 800 perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

shot2go wrote: »
    i bought the lidl one today the s3 does not fit in it properly even when fully opened its a tight fit.

Galaxy S2 won't fit with Silicon Cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Mods, can this please be expired as the original bargain is no longer valid. I tried to do it but the edit icon is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ReadySteadyGo

I think I got the last one before the price increased!

I had two tabs opened, one was slightly progressed through the checkout process, (I forget which screen exactly) and I was continuing to browse in the other one, as I was looking for a cable or two to add to the order. Then the tab I was browsing in, said "please be aware that the price of car holder in your basket just increased" Luckily, I was able to complete the purchase in the other tab at the original price.

Thanks a lot to OP and other posters who supplied information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

it has changed price a couple of times, it went back up to £19 at one stage the other day but I checked yesterday and it was down to 10 again. Keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

D'oh.

19 pounds now again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just posting this again incase anyone missed it.. This is a propper S3 car dock. It will charge your phone and has an audio out, also puts your phone into car mode when docked. The original dock that was posted is more or less a universal older, this one is much better value.. Have 2 of them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 noelmcg

Just posting this again incase anyone missed it.. This is a propper S3 car dock. It will charge your phone and has an audio out, also puts your phone into car mode when docked. The original dock that was posted is more or less a universal older, this one is much better value.. Have 2 of them myself.

I have this car dock and it worked perfectly until I updated to Jelly Bean - it now only acts as a holder as the charging and audio out don't work at all. I understand that there are some kernels available that will fix the problem but I'm not prepared to root my S3 yet to do this. I'm hoping that Samsung will fix this in a future update but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's on Amazon.es for €16.24 - €7.05 delivered. - €23.65 Altogether.

The UK is €31.76 delivered or €27.76 if you use Parcel Motel.

So saving a little bit.. :)

also different variations here from €12.49 but i don't know what the quality is like or delivery charge.

Another - €5.99 - PLAY.COM

€3.40 Here, they also sell through Play.com

€9.99 Delivered with charger from Play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Have this from ebay, can't go wrong for a fiver, very solid, no vibration, only thing is I can only use when I have my casemate barely there case on the phone as a thicker case would be a bit tight
    Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270828052802

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone recceoment a car charger to go with it? I have bought a few cheapo ones and they either start charging and then stop, or else look like they are charging and not doing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Was about to buy this and read that the function is disabled by samsung so be careful if you are going to buy this

Edit: looks like samsung fixed it on most recent update. Think i'll buy one now. Amazon is best price ya?

Trying to buy the Infuse holder for the car

And get the error that it is not available for delivery to our country.

Where did you buy it unklerosco?

irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Trying to buy the Infuse holder for the car

And get the error that it is not available for delivery to our country.

Where did you buy it unklerosco?

irish

Use parcelmotel

I changed the seller to one of the other ones and it worked using free super saver delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I changed the seller to one of the other ones and it worked using free super saver delivery

which one?

Just to follow up one this for anyone thinking of buying the Infuse one recommended by another poster.
    It fits the phone nice. Very snug. Samsung must have fixed the car mode issue because the second I clip the little latch at the bottom into the bottom of the phone, it makes a little sound and changes the phone to car mode.
    Also, Dragon personal assistant (I installed myself) activates automatically and goes into listening mode for when you speak to her.

I have this case on my samsung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gel-Rimmed-Case-Cover-With-Stand-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-Black-/190777976118?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2c6b40e536

And it is too big for the infuse holder.
    Disappointed with that as I have to take it out of case to use in car but other than that, its a nice little thing. Sucker on it is good too, good strong clip to lock it onto windscreen.

Hope that helps someone.

Advertisement