Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wil sim free iPhone from America work in ireland

• 12-01-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys
    I'm headin to America shortly and I'm just wondering would a sim free iPhone from America work in Ireland I'm kinda getting two different stories so could someone please help me out I'd appreciate it as I don't want to buy one and it not be any use to me cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I can't see a reason why it wouldn't but someone who knows better than me might be able to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It has to be GSM to work here. Some networks in America use CDMA but I think the iPhone 5 might support both. Not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Is it an iPhone 5? If so, everything will work fine except for the 4G whenever that service becomes available in Ireland. See here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056824971

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Browntown

It's the iPhone 4 s a lot people I spoke to are telling me that once it's sim free and gsm I shouldn't have any problems well hopefully not thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

i have a iphone 4 from at&t, chicago which I easily unlocked here in dublin with no issues,

• Advertisement

i have a iphone 4 from at&t, chicago which I easily unlocked here in dublin with no issues,

And you never had a problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 barglee83

It will work fine. I bought a sim free 4s in US and just popped a vodafone sim into it here when I got home no problem.

I think the previous generation iphones £GS and before had different versions for US and Eurpoe CDMA and GSM.... but from 4s on i think they are "international phones" and the same models worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Browntown wrote: »
    And you never had a problem with it?

Nope never. I initially had a gvsim , a second sim card that sits under the microsim but I got really sick of that and got a Chinese guy to unlock it in the Ilac centre for 20 Euro. I had to wait for 3 days for some unlocking code to be produced but thats all it needed.

barglee83 wrote: »
    It will work fine. I bought a sim free 4s in US and just popped a vodafone sim into it here when I got home no problem.

I think the previous generation iphones £GS and before had different versions :)for US and Eurpoe CDMA and GSM.... but from 4s on i think they are "international phones" and the same models worldwide.

Perfect thanks for that

Nope never. I initially had a gvsim , a second sim card that sits under the microsim but I got really sick of that and got a Chinese guy to unlock it in the Ilace centre for 20 Euro. I had to wait for 3 days for some unlocking code to be produced but thats all it needed.

Sound puts my mind at ease cheers for ur input

• Advertisement
Advertisement