Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband outside Kilkenny city

Options
  • 12-01-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

[size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi, we currently have mobile 3gbroadband with 3.  Most of the time we get (much) less than 1mb/s download - e.gI'm currently downloading  a file  of 157mb and its going to take over an hour - I've carried out a couple of line tests this afternoon and I’m getting download speeds of between .36 mb/s and .53mb/s.  Also Christmas has brought a whole newdimension to the problem as the number of gadgets connecting to the broadband has grown – we seem to spend most of our time telling each other to get off the broadband!  What I want to know is – can Eircomfixed line broadband be any better (can it honestly be any worse??)  We live around 10 miles (north) outsideKilkenny city and I have no idea where our nearest exchange is – but I’ve checked the Eircom site with our (Eircom) phone number and I think we are eligible for broadband.  Is there any wayI can get an idea of speeds (actual not fictional!) before we commit to a contract?[/font][/size]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Couldn't be much worse than 3's internet i'd guess uploads will be slower on Eircom comapred to 3G networks though.

If u can get broadband from Eircom you maybe lucky to get 3Mb Max depending where you are you could get ''upto 7Mb'' if your line is capable of handling that speed an Eircom rep on the phone support or here on boards should be able to give you an idea of what speeds your line can handle if you have broadband available on that line,

Reps here should be back early Monday morning with an answer for you.

Advertisement