Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed?

Options
  • 12-01-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting completely unacceptable broadband speeds, which has been happening since well before Christmas. It seems to have even gotten worse in recent days. I'm paying for an 8mb line, and am consistently getting around the 0.4 Mb mark. This isn't even close to what I would consider 'broadband' speed. I couldn't even type this into the browser because it was slow unresponsive, I had to copy and paste from the notepad application.

This is vital for me to get resolved, as I provide 24-hour on call support in my job and it's only am matter of time before I get a call and a let badly down by eircom.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

log into the modem and see what speed it is syncing at, if it is syncing at less than what you have been advised you would be getting call support as there might be an fault on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

The download speed i'm seeing the modem is 1088 kb, so about 1 Mb. I'm guessing this is a setting that caps the potential speed? In which case, this should be set to 8 Mb and eircom are going to be getting one angry call on Monday morning.

Thanks alot for your help, I didn't think to look at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

elvis83 wrote: »
    The download speed i'm seeing the modem is 1088 kb, so about 1 Mb. I'm guessing this is a setting that caps the potential speed? In which case, this should be set to 8 Mb and eircom are going to be getting one angry call on Monday morning.

Thanks alot for your help, I didn't think to look at that.

Hi elvis83

Have you contacted technical support yet? If not, please PM me your account details and i will look into this.

Also, many thanks to allen175 for helping here.

Regards

Al

Advertisement