Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours banging doors

Options
  • 12-01-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I live in an apartment complex and for the last week there's been really loud front door slamming from the apartment across from me. It goes on till the early hours of the morning. I left a letter under their door asking them to please stop and the bangings got louder. It seems to be someone walking from one apartment to another constantly...and slamming both doors.

What can I do to stop this? Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

mrc1 wrote: »
    I live in an apartment complex and for the last week there's been really loud front door slamming from the apartment across from me. It goes on till the early hours of the morning. I left a letter under their door asking them to please stop and the bangings got louder. It seems to be someone walking from one apartment to another constantly...and slamming both doors.

What can I do to stop this? Anyone know? :(
    Don't be leaving letters under doors, they'll bang them louder. If it really bothers you knock in and ask politely. If they're not scummers they'll probably oblige, if they are scrots you might have a problem.

Some clown was leaving letters under my door before about the same thing then he contacted the apartment management. All my door were opened with wedges and never closed. He had the wrong apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If you havent already spoken to them face to face then that should be your first port of call. Leaving notes under doors is nonsense (unless you make a real effort to contact htem properly and get no response) and is only likely to get their backs up, as willl things like going to the mangement company/their landlord etc without trying to talk to them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrc1

Already tried knocking but they wont answer the door. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Have you tried waiting until you meet them in the hall/car park or whatever? They are your neighbours; you must bump into them at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mrc1 wrote: »
    What can I do to stop this?
    Stand in the hallway, to see if they slam the doors when your're there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement