Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options
  • 12-01-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

with Eminem doing some festivals next August
    the album should be out id say between May-July
    anyone think he can release an album as good as his first three one's?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

lol no

To be honest in his first 3 albums Marshall Mathers LP was the only 5* one. Infinite was weak. Slim Shady LP was decent. Eminem Show then after MMLP kept up the form then. Since then it's all been trash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Nothing he can ever make will touch on The Eminem Show, excellent album.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

callaway92 wrote: »
    lol no

To be honest in his first 3 albums Marshall Mathers LP was the only 5* one. Infinite was weak. Slim Shady LP was decent. Eminem Show then after MMLP kept up the form then. Since then it's all been trash
    whats so funny about the question i asked:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MD1990 wrote: »

christ. . . . I wasn't laughing at the question. I was laughing at that there is no hope Em will reach those heights again. :rolleyes:

callaway92 wrote: »
    christ. . . . I wasn't laughing at the question. I was laughing at that there is no hope Em will reach those heights again. :rolleyes:
    u find that funny how exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

MMLP for me, love it. Possibly my most listened to album ever along with chronic 2001 from dre, must of been 11 or 12 but both were some of my first hip hop purchases.

Nice little memory behind MMLP and 2001, I went into town with a few mates with all my confirmation money (it actually was). I ended up buying 2001 and country grammer along with truck loads of em,dre,2pac,biggie, man utd and steve austin! posters for the owl room as you do at that age :D... Anyway my mate bought MMLP and he recorded it onto to a tape that i constantly played in my trusty sony walkman for a year straight... Ended up buying the cd when the tape started skipping, defo along with 2001 one my standout childhood and albums in general. I still go back to it from time to time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

u find that funny how exactly?
    Stan is that you..eminem does still release better music than most artists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Seriously doubt he'll top SSLP, MMLP or TES with this new album.. it's very, very unlikely that he will IMO but it could still be good. Recovery was a step in the right direction but the mainstream/pop attempts with forced features and terrible samples made me tire of it fairly quickly. Something makes me think that this next album will be more of the same.

I get the feeling he doesn't want to release any music - he'd much rather just retire and maybe work behind the scenes, out of the limelight. He doesn't make many public appearances and when he does he doesn't smile, constantly comes across as sad, depressed, unhappy, etc. When being interviewed he doesn't joke, he doesn't laugh, he's always very serious. When he performs he wears a cap, puts his hood up and hides his face.

Don't know what to expect from this new album. Too early to tell I suppose.

He doesn't make many public appearances and when he does he doesn't smile, constantly comes across as sad, depressed, unhappy, etc. When being interviewed he doesn't joke, he doesn't laugh, he's always very serious. When he performs he wears a cap, puts his hood up and hides his face.

the man is dealing with depression, its an illness cut him a break you should be glad as a fan he even made a comeback despite you liking his new music or not. Depression is a battle he may be fighting for the rest of his life, why should he pretend to be something he's clearly not which is happy?

Not too mention he is a recovering addict so his style was always going to have to change, im personally glad it has. How bad would it sound if he was rapping about taking drugs like he use to when he really wasnt ? im glad his music on recovery had substance and meaning behind it instead of coming across as say a rick ross pretending to be something he's not.

He's doesnt deserve the amount of hate he gets here, ye relapse was ****e but recovery wasnt. He's made a successful comeback and really doesnt have anything left to prove to anyone in hip hop because when everything is taken into consideration he's the goat and responsible for half this countrys love for hip hop the same way pac and big were the generation before that.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I get the feeling he doesn't want to release any music - he'd much rather just retire and maybe work behind the scenes, out of the limelight. He doesn't make many public appearances and when he does he doesn't smile, constantly comes across as sad, depressed, unhappy, etc. When being interviewed he doesn't joke, he doesn't laugh, he's always very serious. When he performs he wears a cap, puts his hood up and hides his face.

Don't know what to expect from this new album. Too early to tell I suppose.
    he loves making & releasing music imo
    he just doesn't like doing interviews & public appearances etc
    he seems to me to be a very private & introvert individual
    Andre 3000 is the same too
    drugs helped him loosen up before but he doesn't have them anymore to help him feel at ease in public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

he needs to get back on the drugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

TheBza wrote: »
    he needs to get back on the drugs!

Or at least get off the drugs he has been on for the last seven years...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Not a funny question, but no chance is he reaching his early career heights. Zero.

the man is dealing with depression, its an illness cut him a break you should be glad as a fan he even made a comeback despite you liking his new music or not. Depression is a battle he may be fighting for the rest of his life, why should he pretend to be something he's clearly not which is happy?

Cut him a break? Good man. I know he is/was depressed and I know he's a former addict. Read my post again. All I did was comment on his public persona in recent years and said I get the impression that he's not pushed about releasing new music - of course he's doing it because his fans want to hear it but that doesn't necessarily mean that he wants to do it himself. Maybe he does, who knows? I don't and neither do you. No one's saying he should pretend to be happy or anything like it.
    How bad would it sound if he was rapping about taking drugs like he use to when he really wasnt ? im glad his music on recovery had substance and meaning behind it instead of coming across as say a rick ross pretending to be something he's not.
    Surely you can't be serious when you say you're glad that Eminem isn't "pretending to be something he's not"? During the course of his career he's "pretended" to be a murderer, a serial killer, a rapist and a psychopath among other things. Every rapper out there has pretended to be something they're not at one point - everyone - from Eminem to Rick Ross. Cop on (pun intended).

So, read my post again like a good lad. I addressed the question that was asked in the original post and I discussed the topic of Eminem's new album. Instead of simply saying "No, it won't be better" I discussed his recent personal issues and behavior as it could possibly be an indication as to what kind of album this will be. I didn't say anything negative about him so why you feel the need to jump to his defense is beyond me.

But thanks for telling us what your favorite Eminem album is and what you did with your confirmation money, great story :rolleyes:

Orizio wrote: »
    Not a funny question, but no chance is he reaching his early career heights. Zero.
    the chances are pretty Slim :P he will reach the heights of 99-02

Cut him a break? Good man. I know he is/was depressed and I know he's a former addict. Read my post again. All I did was comment on his public persona in recent years and said I get the impression that he's not pushed about releasing new music - of course he's doing it because his fans want to hear it but that doesn't necessarily mean that he wants to do it himself. Maybe he does, who knows? I don't and neither do you. No one's saying he should pretend to be happy or anything like it.

Yes son cut him a break, did you not think his actions are a direct reflection of what he actually went through? Like MD1990 more or less said Em was never comfortable with the media's attention, that does not in any way reflect he has no interest in making music. Whats even more hilarious about your previous post is that you had the nerve or should i say stupidity to mention him having so called forced features ? by all means please do enlighten us all some more as in regards to that because if there ever was a hip hop artist who didnt need a feature to make noise commercial or not its eminem.
    Surely you can't be serious when you say you're glad that Eminem isn't "pretending to be something he's not"? During the course of his career he's "pretended" to be a murderer, a serial killer, a rapist and a psychopath among other things. Every rapper out there has pretended to be something they're not at one point - everyone - from Eminem to Rick Ross. Cop on (pun intended).

hence the alter ego which was slim shady, its no way comparable to a cop pretending to be the real ricky ross. I get the whole writing from a certain perspective but stealing someone's identity and pretending to be him is a whole other level, all ross's raps are bullsh*t he never did or does anything he says like moving keys etc he's an idiot.

The real rick ross has various set up's in order to clean up his image and advice the youth the gangsta life is not worth it and then he has that cop pretending to be him saying the complete opposite in his raps. The only reason the industry created that fraud is because they saw the market for gangsta hip hop at the time and taught the real ross was locked up for life.

So, read my post again like a good lad. I addressed the question that was asked in the original post and I discussed the topic of Eminem's new album. Instead of simply saying "No, it won't be better" I discussed his recent personal issues and behavior as it could possibly be an indication as to what kind of album this will be. I didn't say anything negative about him so why you feel the need to jump to his defense is beyond me.

But thanks for telling us what your favorite Eminem album is and what you did with your confirmation money, great story :rolleyes:
    Eminem was using his alter ego on Relapse & has talked numerous times about Slim Shady persona is things that pop into to his head not things he actually does
    Ross is a different story
    he imaged himself as a Gangsta rapper to benefit his career even though he was a C.O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

he loves making & releasing music imo
    he just doesn't like doing interviews & public appearances etc
    he seems to me to be a very private & introvert individual
    Andre 3000 is the same too
    drugs helped him loosen up before but he doesn't have them anymore to help him feel at ease in public
    Andre 3000 hasn't taken drugs since about 94, he hasn't even smoked grass since then! And he's not really a private person, he's makin that jimi hendrix biopic and I saw him on a gillette ad earlier if I'm not mistaken.

They're 2 completely different men, not a great comparison at all

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Andre 3000 hasn't taken drugs since about 94, he hasn't even smoked grass since then! And he's not really a private person, he's makin that jimi hendrix biopic and I saw him on a gillette ad earlier if I'm not mistaken.

They're 2 completely different men, not a great comparison at all
    some Andre 3000 Sorry Lyrics
    And this the type of **** that’ll make you call your rap partner
    And say I’m sorry im awkward, my fault for ****in’ up the tours
    I hated all the attention so I ran from it
    **** it if we did, but I hope we ain’t lose no fans from it
    I’m a grown-ass kid, you know ain’t never cared about no damn money

i not saying there the exact same
    but they both don't like the limelight

Yes son cut him a break, did you not think his actions are a direct reflection of what he actually went through? Like MD1990 more or less said Em was never comfortable with the media's attention, that does not in any way reflect he has no interest in making music.

Eminem has only himself to blame for any media attention, positive or negative that he receives. When you release controversial music videos that insult people like Michael Jackson, Sarah Palin, etc and feature people like Paris Hilton and Marilyn Manson (all huge figures in pop culture at the time the videos were released) then you're looking for attention. Combine that with the lyrical content and you're creating real media controversy. No one can say and do these things and expect the media not to notice. Eminem is no exception. He might not want the attention anymore but he has no one to blame for it now but himself.

And I never said that I feel he has "no interest in making music", I'm talking about him releasing an album - Dre is constantly making music but does he want to release Detox? Why did King Mathers get shelved? Why has Eminem taken a step back from music in recent years and gone back to focusing on his artists (Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, Cashis, etc)?
    Whats even more hilarious about your previous post is that you had the nerve or should i say stupidity to mention him having so called forced features ? by all means please do enlighten us all some more as in regards to that because if there ever was a hip hop artist who didnt need a feature to make noise commercial or not its eminem

You're clearly a bit slow so I'll have to say it again - read my post again, thoroughly this time. I never said he needed them, I said they were forced (IMO). Obviously Eminem doesn't have to rely on features, but it's no coincidence that it was Rihanna, Pink and Lil Wayne (3 of the biggest mainstream artists in the industry) that ended up on the album instead of 50, D12 and Royce. It also wasn't a coincidence that the 3 songs featuring these artists were all released as singles. Same goes for Bruno Mars on 'Lighters'. Eminem doesn't "need" any of these artists to have a hit single, but having them on there with him will only increase sales, popularity, appeal of the songs, that's the way the industry works.

Have to laugh at the irony of being called stupid by the same person that said this
    its bad enough he was on the cover of men's health with "perfect pecs"... Lost all respect for that magazine.
    You've posted some real gems, don't make me show everyone who the "stupid" one here is ;)

• Advertisement

its no way comparable to a cop pretending to be the real ricky ross. I get the whole writing from a certain perspective but stealing someone's identity and pretending to be him is a whole other level, all ross's raps are bullsh*t he never did or does anything he says like moving keys etc he's an idiot.

The real rick ross has various set up's in order to clean up his image and advice the youth the gangsta life is not worth it and then he has that cop pretending to be him saying the complete opposite in his raps. The only reason the industry created that fraud is because they saw the market for gangsta hip hop at the time and taught the real ross was locked up for life.
    Ross is a different story
    he imaged himself as a Gangsta rapper to benefit his career even though he was a C.O

Is this turning into a Rick Ross thread..? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

Is this turning into a Rick Ross thread..? :rolleyes:

Well in fairness, what would a hip-hop thread be without the usual suspects bringing up Rick Ross.

I expect we'll start seeing mention of a small guy called Dwayne in about 4 or 5 posts down the line.

Eminem may very well he depressed, and if so he has my sympathies. But that shouldn't give him a pass on putting out what, in my opinion, is rather weak material.

Lots of artists battle depression, but end up producing beautiful inspired music as a result.

The problem with Eminem is that he is actually kind of a limited artist. Not from a technical perspective, but in terms of content and subject matter.

In his youth, he was capable of conveying the anger and frustration of his generation brilliantly, and had the wit and humour to convey it in a really compelling, if at times rather shocking, manner.

But apart from the shock value gimmicks (many of his singles were), he had the passion, anger, flow and delivery to make really compelling songs like The Way I Am, Fight Music, White America, etc where he vented his anger and frustrations in a way you could really connect with.

But as he's gotten older, he has lost most of the anger and frustration, and has a different perspective on life. As one tends to do.

Unlike some genuine G.O.A.T. contenders like Jay-Z and Nas, he hasn't been able to grow musically in the same way, and to share his new perspectives in anything approaching a manner as compelling as his old ones.

I think his problem is that he could never really convey an emotions all that well apart from anger. He was never an artist that was able to show you his vulnerability (without resorting to comedy or shock value to hide his weaknesses). He did it to an extent on the 8 Mile soundtrack, but he could hide behind a character then.

Arguably that's what he was doing with Slim Shady - using a larger than life artificial persona to try and hint at what was really getting at him.

Now that he has aged and has lost a lot of the anger, he can't find a meaningful way to connect at all.

He can't make the same music he once did, but he doesn't seem to be able to move in new directions.

When he has tried to date, it's been uninspired and comes across as kind of whiny to me. He hasn't been able to be honest, and vulnerable and to make you connect on an emotional level.

I made the same comparison in the Macklemore thread, but compare how Mack approaches addiction on Starting Over to Eminem's new material. Mack's lyrics just connect.

Lots of artists can do that too - Joe Budden's 10 Minutes (from all the way back on his debut) is a brilliant example of how to do emotional honesty and vulnerability. And Slug does it like no other.

Eminem just can't seem to connect in the same way. It's like he's feels he needs to address these issues but still isn't willing to confront them head on.

On the other hand, when he resorts back to the childish humour and shock value, it doesn't feel in any way authentic and feels forced. You just think this is a grown ass man who is trying to hard to appear like an irreverent youth and you know he knows better.

In the same way, Odd Future for example will just sound ridiculous if they keep rapping about the same thing when they are in their thirties with kids, wives and mortgages (I doubt Eminem has to worry about a mortgage though).

As I said, you should compare him to Jay-Z and Nas to see his short comings.

Nas has settled into his role as elder statesman really well, and even though I wasn't gone on the album as a whole, he was able to tackle more mature subjects like father hood, divorce etc in a really compelling way. He knows that he won't necessarily appeal to the kids with his new music, so has chosen to grow with his audience instead.

Jay-Z has also recognised that he can't deal with the same subject matter as he once did, and that what he needed to change approach.

But he has managed to change his style and subject matter to somehow become almost more relevant than ever, without necessarily coming across as pandering to the youth.

He knows how to pitch his subject matter to strike a balance between relevance and authenticity. I think he is probably unique in the position he created for himself in hip-hop and pop culture as almost being above hip-hop and operating on his own plane, but it is something he has created himself and it works.

And finally, yes, he very much has had forced collabos. Eminem of old would have ridiculed the likes of pink, rihanna and especially Bruno Mars. For him to start working with them now is hypocrisy and shows that he was primarily concerned with making a hit.

Also, if you look at the likes of Love The Way You Lie, his best song since his comeback along with Beautiful in my book, it was essentially pre-written and produced, with Eminem's only input to write the verses and pick Rihanna for the hook. It was a manufactured pop-hit.

I know there are plenty of people who do that (Jay-Z did something similar for Empire State of Mind) but that seems like the exact sort of thing Eminem of old would have been against.

It just doesn't seem authentic for him, and that sort of forced approach taints how you view him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I think when he released just loose it and had guess the who's back hook at the start just like without me he had lost it then.

Copying something from a previous album like that was pure laziness,that's when eminem ended for me.

floggg wrote: »
    Well in fairness, what would a hip-hop thread be without the usual suspects bringing up Rick Ross.

I expect we'll start seeing mention of a small guy called Dwayne in about 4 or 5 posts down the line.

Eminem may very well he depressed, and if so he has my sympathies. But that shouldn't give him a pass on putting out what, in my opinion, is rather weak material.

Lots of artists battle depression, but end up producing beautiful inspired music as a result.

The problem with Eminem is that he is actually kind of a limited artist. Not from a technical perspective, but in terms of content and subject matter.

In his youth, he was capable of conveying the anger and frustration of his generation brilliantly, and had the wit and humour to convey it in a really compelling, if at times rather shocking, manner.

But apart from the shock value gimmicks (many of his singles were), he had the passion, anger, flow and delivery to make really compelling songs like The Way I Am, Fight Music, White America, etc where he vented his anger and frustrations in a way you could really connect with.

But as he's gotten older, he has lost most of the anger and frustration, and has a different perspective on life. As one tends to do.

Unlike some genuine G.O.A.T. contenders like Jay-Z and Nas, he hasn't been able to grow musically in the same way, and to share his new perspectives in anything approaching a manner as compelling as his old ones.

I think his problem is that he could never really convey an emotions all that well apart from anger. He was never an artist that was able to show you his vulnerability (without resorting to comedy or shock value to hide his weaknesses). He did it to an extent on the 8 Mile soundtrack, but he could hide behind a character then.

Arguably that's what he was doing with Slim Shady - using a larger than life artificial persona to try and hint at what was really getting at him.

Now that he has aged and has lost a lot of the anger, he can't find a meaningful way to connect at all.

He can't make the same music he once did, but he doesn't seem to be able to move in new directions.

When he has tried to date, it's been uninspired and comes across as kind of whiny to me. He hasn't been able to be honest, and vulnerable and to make you connect on an emotional level.

I made the same comparison in the Macklemore thread, but compare how Mack approaches addiction on Starting Over to Eminem's new material. Mack's lyrics just connect.

Lots of artists can do that too - Joe Budden's 10 Minutes (from all the way back on his debut) is a brilliant example of how to do emotional honesty and vulnerability. And Slug does it like no other.

Eminem just can't seem to connect in the same way. It's like he's feels he needs to address these issues but still isn't willing to confront them head on.

On the other hand, when he resorts back to the childish humour and shock value, it doesn't feel in any way authentic and feels forced. You just think this is a grown ass man who is trying to hard to appear like an irreverent youth and you know he knows better.

In the same way, Odd Future for example will just sound ridiculous if they keep rapping about the same thing when they are in their thirties with kids, wives and mortgages (I doubt Eminem has to worry about a mortgage though).

As I said, you should compare him to Jay-Z and Nas to see his short comings.

Nas has settled into his role as elder statesman really well, and even though I wasn't gone on the album as a whole, he was able to tackle more mature subjects like father hood, divorce etc in a really compelling way. He knows that he won't necessarily appeal to the kids with his new music, so has chosen to grow with his audience instead.

Jay-Z has also recognised that he can't deal with the same subject matter as he once did, and that what he needed to change approach.

But he has managed to change his style and subject matter to somehow become almost more relevant than ever, without necessarily coming across as pandering to the youth.

He knows how to pitch his subject matter to strike a balance between relevance and authenticity. I think he is probably unique in the position he created for himself in hip-hop and pop culture as almost being above hip-hop and operating on his own plane, but it is something he has created himself and it works.

And finally, yes, he very much has had forced collabos. Eminem of old would have ridiculed the likes of pink, rihanna and especially Bruno Mars. For him to start working with them now is hypocrisy and shows that he was primarily concerned with making a hit.

Also, if you look at the likes of Love The Way You Lie, his best song since his comeback along with Beautiful in my book, it was essentially pre-written and produced, with Eminem's only input to write the verses and pick Rihanna for the hook. It was a manufactured pop-hit.

I know there are plenty of people who do that (Jay-Z did something similar for Empire State of Mind) but that seems like the exact sort of thing Eminem of old would have been against.

It just doesn't seem authentic for him, and that sort of forced approach taints how you view him.
    i agree with alot u said there
    but i wouldn't say Jay-Z has been releasing great music last few years
    BP3 was disapointing
    yes Jay is relevent (like Eminem still is too) but he also has released an average album in BP3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭floggg

i agree with alot u said there
    but i wouldn't say Jay-Z has been releasing great music last few years
    BP3 was disapointing
    yes Jay is relevent (like Eminem still is too) but he also has released an average album in BP3

Jay-Z's music is definitely no longer what it was in terms if style and substance but he knows he can't convincingly do street tales while being a corporate giant and hanging with Obama, and he can't do Big Pimpin while being half of one of the mist powerful and most watches couples in the world.

That being said, while BP3 wasn't on the same level as the first BP, it was still a good album in my book. D.O.A., Young Forever, A Star is Born, Already Home, Real as It Gets and On To The Next One are all great songs in my book.

And Empire State of Mind was a massive pop anthem, which will be associated with NYC for years to come.

Eminem hasn't released anything to that level for years, bar beautiful and love the way you lie in my book.

floggg wrote: »
    Jay-Z's music is definitely no longer what it was in terms if style and substance but he knows he can't convincingly do street tales while being a corporate giant and hanging with Obama, and he can't do Big Pimpin while being half of one of the mist powerful and most watches couples in the world.

That being said, while BP3 wasn't on the same level as the first BP, it was still a good album in my book. D.O.A., Young Forever, A Star is Born, Already Home, Real as It Gets and On To The Next One are all great songs in my book.

And Empire State of Mind was a massive pop anthem, which will be associated with NYC for years to come.

Eminem hasn't released anything to that level for years, bar beautiful and love the way you lie in my book.
    all the songs u mentioned have features & in Young Forever Jay contributes very little the same to a lesser extent in ESOM
    Real as It Gets & On To The Next One are far from great imo
    i do like the rest u mentioned though

i think this song is right up there as one of Eminem's best since 09

Eminem has only himself to blame for any media attention, positive or negative that he receives. When you release controversial music videos that insult people like Michael Jackson, Sarah Palin, etc and feature people like Paris Hilton and Marilyn Manson (all huge figures in pop culture at the time the videos were released) then you're looking for attention. Combine that with the lyrical content and you're creating real media controversy. No one can say and do these things and expect the media not to notice. Eminem is no exception. He might not want the attention anymore but he has no one to blame for it now but himself.

Being a celebrity full stop means attention. Eminem mimicking other celebs in his videos/lyrics is something he's always done, its the exact same as rappers taking jabs at each other or saying certain things i.e nas with the whole hip hop is dead album etc, its all for exposure. When an artist has an album coming out they'll do a lot more for exposure , sometimes it reaches desperation point but that was eminem being slim shady just clowning on people. Em's a joker and outspoken just like most rappers, there all seeking exposure in one form or another to aid their careers.

Rappers make music, those that make hits are in the public eye wheter they like it or not and eminem never liked it but that's the price he has to pay but just because he is famous doesnt mean he has some super human power to overcome depression/anxiety/drugs and look happy for you or anyone... obviously the weight of those struggles will effect the man and how he comes across in public.
    And I never said that I feel he has "no interest in making music", I'm talking about him releasing an album - Dre is constantly making music but does he want to release Detox? Why did King Mathers get shelved? Why has Eminem taken a step back from music in recent years and gone back to focusing on his artists (Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, Cashis, etc)?

If eminem doesnt want to release an album he wont simple as i.e king mathers or relapse 2. If he really didnt want to release this album thats coming do you really think he would? financially he's minted, career wise he's done it, he has nothing to prove.
    I never said he needed them, I said they were forced (IMO). Obviously Eminem doesn't have to rely on features, but it's no coincidence that it was Rihanna, Pink and Lil Wayne (3 of the biggest mainstream artists in the industry) that ended up on the album instead of 50, D12 and Royce. It also wasn't a coincidence that the 3 songs featuring these artists were all released as singles. Same goes for Bruno Mars on 'Lighters'. Eminem doesn't "need" any of these artists to have a hit single, but having them on there with him will only increase sales, popularity, appeal of the songs, that's the way the industry works.

Well what you've just said here is what im trying to drill into you about game, there what you called forced features. Do you really think if em was worried about forced features and mainstream success he would of released the bad meets evil album with royce? no disrespect to royce either but he's not as big as his talent deserves commercially anyway,great rapper though. Bruno mars was on one of the singles the other was both trading bars, i dont think em put the likes of bruno on to increase sales... like you said he doesnt need them.

maybe he just wants to make music with other artists ? could eminem sing that hook like bruno mars or rhianna , would it of sounded better or the same? Shady records was always in house in the past, nothing wrong with branching out now and making songs with other artists.
    Have to laugh at the irony of being called stupid by the same person that said this

really have to laugh about you talking about eminem having forced features and defending game, hilarious.

its no way comparable to a cop pretending to be the real ricky ross. I get the whole writing from a certain perspective but stealing someone's identity and pretending to be him is a whole other level, all ross's raps are bullsh*t he never did or does anything he says like moving keys etc he's an idiot.

Well what you've just said here is what im trying to drill into you about game, there what you called forced features ... really have to laugh about you talking about eminem having forced features and defending game, hilarious.

We're only 2 pages into an Eminem thread and you've already managed to drag Rick Ross and The Game into the discussion. You do this in nearly every thread you post in. It's totally unnecessary. Everyone else has stayed on topic but you have to talk about Rick Ross being a cop and Game relying on guest features. You talk about the rappers you hate more than the rappers you like.

You've just proved that you are, without a shadow of a doubt, the main reason so many threads in the Hip-Hop section get dragged off topic. Your post history speaks for itself.

This has gone on for too long. It has to stop.

• Advertisement

<mod snip> removed off topic content. <mod snip>

Advertisement