Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMLP2 - Eminem 2013 Album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Nah the person and attitude that made eminem so popular would have never dreamed of doing anything with the likes of rihanna, she is pure pop ****e.

He either is the biggest hypocrite or he just sold out in a big way.

Or maybe he grew up and matured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Prodgey wrote: »
    Or maybe he grew up and matured?

But he was 30 years of age doing the mmlp, which is old enough to have beliefs and stick to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

But he was 30 years of age doing the mmlp, which is old enough to have beliefs and stick to them.
    he is a different person now he is off drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

MD1990 wrote: »
    he is a different person now he is off drugs

He wasn't on drugs doing the eminem show.

He wasn't on drugs doing the eminem show.
    he was prescription drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

He is both in my opinion :/

Damn shame, what a talent!!! Changed the face of hip hop..now just another sellout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I'd hardly call him a sellout. He's just a 40 year old man who's past his prime and can't make good tunes anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Nah the person and attitude that made eminem so popular would have never dreamed of doing anything with the likes of rihanna, she is pure pop ****e.

I'm sure people would have though similar when they seen a track listing with Dido featuring on it and look how that turned out.

Not saying this album is going to be good or bad, but Rihanna on the track listing tells us nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Prodgey wrote: »
    I don't know what it is, maybe musical snobbery, but it seems to be fashionable to hate on Eminem now? You're trashing the album without hearing it... Cop on. Also just because Rihanna is on the song doesn't mean it's bad, I like Love the way you lie, despite the fact that it was "so mainstream"

Trashing the album without hearing it is ridiculous.....along with saying it will be album of the year, or a contender is also ridiculous.

But I can understand the bashing and snobbery that goes on around Em. We all know that he is a f*cking excellent rapper, he has some excellent albums, but his last few have not been up to scratch. We all hoped the last 2 in particular would be Em back at his best, but were left disappointed (in general, i know that people do dig the last 2 albums, but those people would be in the minority).
    We all want another brilliant release from Em, I dont think anyone will disagree with that.

In relation to the Rihanna track, my initial reaction is that it will be an anti-commercial track, just to stir things up....well, that is my hope at least. But so far, the first 2 tracks have been 3 verse, 3 hooks standard tracks. If that pattern continues throughout the album then I would expect Rihanna to be belting out something lovely and catchy on the chorus to juice up those album sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

I am not trashing the album. i am trashing the two songs he has released which are terrible!

• Advertisement

I am not trashing the album. i am trashing the two songs he has released which are terrible!

I think survival was decent, just because CoD bought it doesn't make it bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Trash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom Bap is going to explode when he hears the singing :pac:.

Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Apart from the hook, god damn!

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif

Some of y'all should listen to it from 4:50

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Thought that was quite good. The intro is a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I likes it, that a is a long song full of constant spitting nearly. Compared to a Drake song (who i am a fan of) which has about 40seconds of rapping this is very good.

• Advertisement

It's got me buzzing for the album now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Em has the worst ear for beats. He went in still though, flow for days. Would sound so much better if it was over some better production :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

rapgenius is having an awful time with the last 2 verses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Love the Wu-Tang like intro
    Lyricism and delivery are excellent
    Hook is beyond awful
    Beat is a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Best thing he's done since his freestyle sessions with Westwood

And a Pharoahe Monch shout-out to boot?? Nice one, Marshall :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Bars are good
    Beat is garbage
    Hook is garbage

He's trying way too hard in this one imo, we get it em, you can spit fast.

So that's 3 tracks off the new lp now and I don't really like any of them. Berzerk was ok-ish. Won't write it off just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

If it was 3 minutes long it would be ok, but so much nonsense in between the decent parts and a stupid put on voice/s too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I liked Recovery, thought it was his best work in years and I hadn't exactly been excited about it after Relapse so I will wait until I hear the whole album to judge. I have managed to spot a pattern in Doris posts though. Anything that's a filter is welcome on boards these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Better . much better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

So he's just naming the album MMLP2 to boost sales or whats the story? Should a sequel not have some sort of relation or similarity to its original?

Advertisement